[2.4] Flameblast Totem Chieftain - 5k tooltip - 7k+ life 900+ regen, Strong and Tanky!

"
BalrogSC wrote:
How the hell you level with this early on? I'm dying of boredom it's so damn slow

I'm leveling with melee, it's WAY faster than trying to force your way into casting imo.
"
Smaptastic wrote:

Awesome! Thank you! Was wondering how this performed at higher levels. Looks like it does pretty darn well. It seems to lack some cast speed compared to the Templar version, but the damage is all there. So the Inquisitor -> Chieftain tradeoff seems to be tankiness vs cast speed.

Pretty much as you said, however all my rares are self found(including amulet,ring and jewels) and some are really really bad...
In fact from skill tree i get 19% cast speed for totem while he only get 16%, the real gap is given by double cast speed dagger(18%x2) and instrument of virtue(30%?! :O), i'm pretty confident with triple cast speed jewel(10%x3), cast speed amulet(10%) and ring(5%) i could get 11 cast per second without losing damage or life(now i have 9 cast per sec).
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 16, 2016, 3:46:42 AM
Gear

Spoiler

I'm about to enter maps, and I've yet to pick up any totem nodes aside from the keystone. I'm already at 6.9K life and I'm not done picking up life nodes. All the gear aside from the staff and chest can be improved upon as I am not ele weak capped, just merc capped. However, this build is one of those great examples of life-based builds that are just eclipsed by CI. This could easily be done better as an Elementalist or even as an Inquisitor.

I do like it, though. Kaom's is cheap this league, I paid less than 30c for mine. The staff came fully linked for 180 chaos and all the rest is mostly self-found or cost less than 10c. Essence Worm was 22 chaos also, though, so you're still putting a lot of cash into it, which could get you about 13 - 14K ES on a CI character that could run curses 10 times easier. I've actually yet to use a curse on this character. I guess I'll start using Enfeeble pretty soon since it's really hard to get dexterity, something that also holds back my Lightning Golem substantially.

All in all, 7/10 build, but it's been fun leveling to the late 60'. Gonna check how I handle maps next.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
Gear

Spoiler

I'm about to enter maps, and I've yet to pick up any totem nodes aside from the keystone. I'm already at 6.9K life and I'm not done picking up life nodes. All the gear aside from the staff and chest can be improved upon as I am not ele weak capped, just merc capped. However, this build is one of those great examples of life-based builds that are just eclipsed by CI. This could easily be done better as an Elementalist or even as an Inquisitor.

I do like it, though. Kaom's is cheap this league, I paid less than 30c for mine. The staff came fully linked for 180 chaos and all the rest is mostly self-found or cost less than 10c. Essence Worm was 22 chaos also, though, so you're still putting a lot of cash into it, which could get you about 13 - 14K ES on a CI character that could run curses 10 times easier. I've actually yet to use a curse on this character. I guess I'll start using Enfeeble pretty soon since it's really hard to get dexterity, something that also holds back my Lightning Golem substantially.

All in all, 7/10 build, but it's been fun leveling to the late 60'. Gonna check how I handle maps next.

Hi, ty for share your opinion and progress with the build, however i wouldn' t be so sure that a CI version would perform better.
First of all if you don' t pick Chieftain you have no leech and even with 14k ES without regen or sustain you will end up dying when get hit costantly(also uber lab will be a pain to do), plus you need anti freeze flask every time you get hit by cold damage and anti burning too, and physical damage will hit you like a truck...
Speaking about cursing, as Smaptastic said u can link curse on hit on orb of storm for auto curse everything around and still get a free aura with worm, while as CI u need to spend point on aura reservation in order to use Discipline + Anger+ Blasphemy.
Every build have advantages and disadvantages i just feel this have nice sustain, damage and clear speed, it is well balanced and i will never trade it with the CI version.
Could you update this for 2.5? Any nerfs/buffs?
"
watson1337 wrote:
Could you update this for 2.5? Any nerfs/buffs?

The build is pretty much the same, totem received a small buff in 2.5, little bit more cast speed and dps, so not bad at all... i just cleared an insane T15 Overgrown Ruin with ghost possesed bosses, triple curse, etc.
I also tried Scorching Ray level 22, swapping fire pen with empower level 3 and area for elemental focus and same tree, so not 100% optimized for it, i must say..it is OP, the dps was enought to clear a Tier 14 easily, so imagine what a level 26 can do.
Unfortunatly i cannot test these days since i dont have much time left, but I can say from my experience the build works just fine
What do you aim on the jewels? cast then fire/spell dmg?
Last edited by FeFFoM on Jan 13, 2017, 12:50:46 PM
"
FeFFoM wrote:
What do you aim on the jewels? cast then fire/spell dmg?

For pure damage:

Cast speed/fire damage/increased damage(works both on the initial hit and burning), or cast speed/fire damage/maximum life for a balanced setup.
Made to 84 on hc with this build in 3days and im going to give my personal feedback.

Pros: -Alot safe, havent suffer any near death experience yet (just one case that i'll bring up later)
-Easy to gear, the build itself doesnt cost you 150c to do near endgame content
-Dynamic game player, you got to be pretty active on ur flasks/positioning (dunno if it is good to everybody tho)
-Good for killing bosses

Cons: -im at 11 casts per second atm, and it feels that its holding me back in terms of clear speed sometimes, may be fixed by jewells, just got 2 slots yet.
- Breaches! I dont know if it is beacuse of the lack of cast speed or the fact that we dont use ele prolif but breaches have being a pain in my ass, the tottem doesnt cast it fast enough to maintain a good killing rythm and it ends up being overwhelmed by the mobs, and thats is what get closer to kill me, i've have to skip several breaches in orther to dont play too risky.

A possible solution to this might be a ele prolif to swap with inc aoe to do breaches, too bad i cant test it cuz theres not a single soul selling a 6l searing on this dead league =/.
Hi, i am using you build few months ago and it was my best build.
But i give up on this league , now back. Cant rebuild my pasiive tree - forget how it works.
Can you please update Skill tree.
now is ureadable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info