[2.4] Flameblast Totem Chieftain - 5k tooltip - 7k+ life 900+ regen, Strong and Tanky!

Hi(also sorry for my bad english >.<), i just want to share this build with other marauder players since i only saw other class doing this, but i think the chieftain is the best one and also fit perfectly with the theme.

Why play/ don't play this build:

Pros
-Can do every map mod including reflect,blood magic,no regen(i hate pot but it's doable)
-Good life pool, Over 7k life 900+ regen with golem and endurance charge up(almost always)
-Damage is comparable to a Critical Flameblast 5k tooltip for mapping(with fire pen and
increase area)
- Nice clear speed
- Not so expensive, could be a nice starter for new league, i started the build with a 5L
Searing Touch, low level gem and medium gear and still destroyed Merciless Izaro and T11-12
maps
-Not a one click build, dynamic style play so you don' t get bored quickly :)

Cons
- If you like Mjolner style build like one button attack in place this build isn't for you

Lets start with the Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA9YEswYOBqAGwwn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEZLho4Gj4c3CW8Jy8n7SkuKhMsnCynLdJYdzWSOtg8BTwtPfxfBEWdGmxKxFNSVkhXDVhjWOVaK15dXz826WSEZlRmnmhlaPJuqiSqkSvjansgfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PM5CKFe4dlna6Mz48akFWRzgN1lmyaO5rgogCj8qajpwinlK2Nr2wWb7Xytz65frvtvWDAZsT2xgTGrsbYz37R_dIh1HzVptgk2L3ZYdl8-tLa3dtP37_gw-Fz6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfOb9kj2rviT-b3-Cv6H

Thanks to Smaptastic for post his tree and help me improve mine

Pretty regular tree for a totem build, i took life, totem node, some regen and jewel along the way, from bandits i helped oak in normal and took 2 points, i should respec and help merciless oak for +1 endurance charge

Final Tree it's the following:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA9YEswYOBqAGwwn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEZLho4Gj4c3CW8Jy8n7SkuKhMsnCynLdJYdzWSOtg8BTwtPfxfBEWdGmxKxFNSVkhXDVhjWOVaK15dXz826WSEZlRmnmhlaPJuqiSqkSvjansgfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PM5CKFe4dlna6Mz48akFWRzgN1lmyaO5rgogCj8qajpwinlK2Nr2wWb7Xytz65frvtvWDAZsT2xgTGrsbYz37R_dIh1HzVptgk2L3ZYdl8-tLa3dtP37_gw-Fz6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfOb9kj2rviT-b3-Cv6HDF8cp1Ol

just took the 1.8% regen node + some life and armour and + 1 endurance from merciless Oak(another 0,7% regen)

---------------------------------------------Screenshot-----------------------------------------------A bit outdated, now my life is 7,4k -5% ignite chance, +10% increase radius, same tooltip

Offence in 6L Searing Touch, level 21 Flameblast/Fire Pen/Area/Increase Area/Controlled Destruction
elemental overlord up, it was over 5k before i used a GCP on Controlled Destruction(now is 10/20)

Spoiler

Defence no golem no charge no flasks

Spoiler

Defence Full Endurance forgot golem :/

Spoiler

Defence Full Endurance with Granite, still no golem :/

Spoiler

Gear used for the screenshot:

i also use a Clear Mind Jewel since i reserve no mana

----------------------------------------------Video---------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozPK_eh8yo&feature=youtu.be

I made a small video in a Precint Map with monster life, enfeeble and Elemental Equilibrium to show the damage potential of the build, still with increase area all the bosses die very quickly.
I can easily clear even T15 maps with my gear now, i will make some video once i level up

T14 Corrupted Palace:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/lzTuuTxgoeI

How to further improve:

Better jewel, new essence league crafted glove with 30% more damage over time for Searing Bond.
Craft a +3 gem 6L staff with spell damage, fire damage, cast speed and swap Controlled Destruction for level 4 Empower, also use controlled destruction instead of increse area for bosses, this should bring DPS around 8k or so!
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 15, 2016, 3:08:29 PM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2017, 10:00:01 AM
reserved
Thanks for the build! Has some choices I hadn't thought of, dumb as that makes me seem.

I'm really interested in giving this a shot. Think you could make a longer video of it running a high-tier map?
"
Smaptastic wrote:
Thanks for the build! Has some choices I hadn't thought of, dumb as that makes me seem.

I'm really interested in giving this a shot. Think you could make a longer video of it running a high-tier map?

Hi, glad you liked it, unfortunately tonight my connection isn' t working properly :( i was planning to make a longer (and better) video to show how smooth the clear speed is, i will make one as soon as i solve this problem!
One thought on the build. It could use a touch more life, I think. I mean, the goal with going Chieftain over Inquisitor is to be tanky, right? How about this as level 98 tree with Oak-Skill-Oak bandits?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA9YEswYOBqAGwwn2C2EOPJ_fEMwUIBRxGS4aOBo-HNwlvCcvJ-0pLiynLdIcpzWSOtg8BTwtPfwMX0WdSsRTUmZUVw1YY1jlWiteXV8_ZIRmnmhlaPJuqsMTeyB8g3y4ggeCm4Nfg8ydroV7xFiMz48akFWRzpZsmjua4KIAo_Kmo6cIp5Stja9sU6W18rc-uX677b1gwGbE9sYExq7G2M9-0f3SIdR81aamV9i92WHZfOQi2t3bT9-_4MPr7uw47TzvDu988B_xrPJB85v2SPau-JP5vf4K_ofyRTrhKhNN4_6PA3WRK1h3XwT60hZv42oabDbpJKo=

Higher life, higher armor, higher regen. Negligible loss of damage. On that front, it loses the Celestial wheel and Fire Walker. However, it gains most of that back with the Explosive Impact wheel on its new path, which has a few less wasted travel nodes.

Also, I cleaned up some of the stuff I think you left in by accident (Mind over Matter in a BM build, for example).
nice that im not only one doing Chieftain flameblast totems.

this is my currently planned tree slightly different to yours

bit more focus on AoE myself so then i can prehaps drop inc area gem for another damage support while still using conc effect but we shall see as im still in process of leveling.

also interesting ascendancy choice i went with Arohongui+Tukohama as my Merc/Uber lab ascenencies as i like the idea of my totems being fire immune means ele reflect becomes a complete none issue as otherwise you tend to slow down quite a bit due to having to recast totems all the time + could make some bosses like atziri very easy as totems are immune to her flameblasts but i can also understand the endurance charge ascendency choice as well.

"
Smaptastic wrote:
One thought on the build. It could use a touch more life, I think. I mean, the goal with going Chieftain over Inquisitor is to be tanky, right? How about this as level 98 tree with Oak-Skill-Oak bandits?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA9YEswYOBqAGwwn2C2EOPJ_fEMwUIBRxGS4aOBo-HNwlvCcvJ-0pLiynLdIcpzWSOtg8BTwtPfwMX0WdSsRTUmZUVw1YY1jlWiteXV8_ZIRmnmhlaPJuqsMTeyB8g3y4ggeCm4Nfg8ydroV7xFiMz48akFWRzpZsmjua4KIAo_Kmo6cIp5Stja9sU6W18rc-uX677b1gwGbE9sYExq7G2M9-0f3SIdR81aamV9i92WHZfOQi2t3bT9-_4MPr7uw47TzvDu988B_xrPJB85v2SPau-JP5vf4K_ofyRTrhKhNN4_6PA3WRK1h3XwT60hZv42oabDbpJKo=

Higher life, higher armor, higher regen. Negligible loss of damage. On that front, it loses the Celestial wheel and Fire Walker. However, it gains most of that back with the Explosive Impact wheel on its new path, which has a few less wasted travel nodes.

Also, I cleaned up some of the stuff I think you left in by accident (Mind over Matter in a BM build, for example).

Thank you for the feedback! Of course the tree can be changed to be more tanky, i mostly play SC so i have the 'more damage' syndrome :D i think that with that tree you could easily reach 8k hp and 1300+ regen full endurance, sorry for the MoM keystone i was in hurry and i took it by mistake :/

After some comparison i decided to make another tree version more balanced than the old one, thanks for the inspiration!

Also don' t forget to take Elemental Overlord, the 40% more multiplier is just too good to don't take
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 14, 2016, 7:48:22 AM
"
shadowraiden wrote:
nice that im not only one doing Chieftain flameblast totems.

this is my currently planned tree slightly different to yours

bit more focus on AoE myself so then i can prehaps drop inc area gem for another damage support while still using conc effect but we shall see as im still in process of leveling.

also interesting ascendancy choice i went with Arohongui+Tukohama as my Merc/Uber lab ascenencies as i like the idea of my totems being fire immune means ele reflect becomes a complete none issue as otherwise you tend to slow down quite a bit due to having to recast totems all the time + could make some bosses like atziri very easy as totems are immune to her flameblasts but i can also understand the endurance charge ascendency choice as well.

Glad they fixed that dumb AI of Flameblast totem, i played a flameblast char as soon as the skill was released and i'm really enjoying this :)
As i said the skill tree is very adaptable to your style of play, however after some test can assure you i have no problem doing reflect map, i tend to recast totem very often because in high tier map they tend to die anyways, also for mapping i still recommend increase area over damage since the utily it provide really help the clear speed despite the DPS is lower.
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 14, 2016, 7:52:52 AM
I just recorded a T14 corrupted Palace run, will post soon, not the fastest i made thanks to enfeeble and my gameplay :P still deathless, i could tank the boss in the second phase even with 109% extra cold, swapped increase area for conc effect and he got melted :D
Sweet, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info