> 100% Atlas still T1 drops from mobs

My atlas is 105/125 (Actually 106% because of quay display bug). So how is that possible? Note that the map that dropped was not shaped or anything.

Or does the atlas only apply to maps or certain specific map drops?
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 10, 2016, 9:02:52 AM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2016, 2:02:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I would like to know if this is intended or if the Atlas bonus is just bugged?
normal zone outside of map can only drop T1 maps.
[Removed by Admin]
It's a 100% increase to the original chance of a map increasing in tier. It is not a increase to a 100% chance/guaranteed upgrade. Edit: Nevermind.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Sep 13, 2016, 11:04:52 AM
When I hover over the Atlas progress it says:
"
Maps drop at least 1 tier higher.
5% chance for maps to drop 2 tiers higher
It does not say that it only increases the base-chance. It says that it increases maps (so all maps) by 1 tier. It says nothing about base chance.

P.S.
I just noticed they have a typo :P. They forgot the dot at the end of the second sentence.

"
normal zone outside of map can only drop T1 maps.
Yes they drop T1 maps and then I expect Atlas to upgrade them to T2 or T3. Because that is what the Atlas tooltip says.

But I'm getting this feeling that Atlas ONLY WORKS IN MAPS. If so they should add that to the tooltip imo.
Huh, okay. Sorry for the misinformation.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Nobody knows (for sure) whether or not this is a bug or intended?
"
silverdash wrote:
Nobody knows (for sure) whether or not this is a bug or intended?

... of course the atlas's effects only apply to maps. There's no way they'd let you find t2 or t3 maps outside of maps.

The atlas, as a whole, is a thing that fundamentally only affects maps.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 13, 2016, 10:35:37 AM
Makes sense. Would be nice though if they would add that to the tooltip-description for clarity because it clearly suggests otherwise (to me at least).

Also when I "drop a map" myself it is not increased by a tier. Tooltip says it should. Even inside of maps :D. Just kidding :). But some tooltips in this game really need more clarity because some mechanics do not make sense to everyone.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 16, 2016, 12:40:14 PM
It was in the description of Atlas Mechanics dev post, that the Atlas bonus cannot allow a Map that otherwise wouldn't be able to drop, to drop. (So a White Mob cannot drop a T6 Map in a T5 Map, etc.) It just increases the Tier within the range of what is normally possible.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info