[2.6] Sorith's Arc Miner Shadow [Crit/Eva/Dodge] [Budget friendly & nice clear speed]

"
NessOnett8 wrote:
"
kierny wrote:
For most of the time just use Arc for fast clearing & Assassin's Mark to generate power charges.

Um...what? How does Assassin's Mark help you generate power charges?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Assassin%27s_Mark

"Cursed enemies have a (21-30)% chance to grant a Power Charge when slain"

You also generate them through Unstable Infusion, but it's just 10% chance on Non-Crit hit.
Last edited by kierny on Mar 17, 2017, 5:17:01 AM
"
kierny wrote:
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
"
kierny wrote:
For most of the time just use Arc for fast clearing & Assassin's Mark to generate power charges.

Um...what? How does Assassin's Mark help you generate power charges?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Assassin%27s_Mark

"Cursed enemies have a (21-30)% chance to grant a Power Charge when slain"

You also generate them through Unstable Infusion, but it's just 10% chance on Non-Crit hit.

Exactly. When slain means they grant power charges to the unit who slayed them. Meaning the mines not you. Same mechanic as leech, reflect, etc.

Assassin's mark actually lowers the speed at which you generate charges because it makes targets more susceptible to crits which means unstable infusion will proc less.

The real power charge generation would be coming from blast cascade since you trigger so many mines constantly.

Assassin's mark can help you dps big targets by making them take more crit damage but it is actively detrimental for generating charges.
Hmm, if it's not generating Power Charges then my bad, would check that but don't have this character since league ended.
Hey,

Was trying the build for a while, fun. Still thinking about Jewels and whether they are worth it.

First, spending 9 points from your tree into staff nodes of Templar (Whirling Barrier, Counterweight) can instead give you some block chance (despite Acrobatics reduction) and Crit. But probably 4 Jewels is still better.

I am also really surprised you are not taking Throatseeker, it's on the way and gives 52% Crit Multi for only 3 skill points... I checked, it works with Traps btw. Didn't check it directly for Mines, but I am sure it works.

The whole Templar branch from Retribution to Righteous Decree looks doubtful to me, too... Any big reason to go there? Maybe take mana behind MoM instead, or go bottom right to Herbalist and possibly Heartseeker?

Nevertheless, the main question I have is about Jewels. What do you think about 3x Primordial Eminence (giving 90% incr effect) and Anima Stone? 4 jewel slots (8 skill points) will give you 28,5% Additional Physical Damage Reduction (with 3 Chaos Golems), and keeping around basic 7-10% is easy even with Acrobatics. The sum is over 1/3 phys reduction even when hit connects, isn't it worth it? Not saying that multiple Golems would be able to distract more hits...

But anyway, build is great, thank you!
"
Morpeheus wrote:
Hey,

Was trying the build for a while, fun. Still thinking about Jewels and whether they are worth it.

First, spending 9 points from your tree into staff nodes of Templar (Whirling Barrier, Counterweight) can instead give you some block chance (despite Acrobatics reduction) and Crit. But probably 4 Jewels is still better.

I am also really surprised you are not taking Throatseeker, it's on the way and gives 52% Crit Multi for only 3 skill points... I checked, it works with Traps btw. Didn't check it directly for Mines, but I am sure it works.

The whole Templar branch from Retribution to Righteous Decree looks doubtful to me, too... Any big reason to go there? Maybe take mana behind MoM instead, or go bottom right to Herbalist and possibly Heartseeker?

Nevertheless, the main question I have is about Jewels. What do you think about 3x Primordial Eminence (giving 90% incr effect) and Anima Stone? 4 jewel slots (8 skill points) will give you 28,5% Additional Physical Damage Reduction (with 3 Chaos Golems), and keeping around basic 7-10% is easy even with Acrobatics. The sum is over 1/3 phys reduction even when hit connects, isn't it worth it? Not saying that multiple Golems would be able to distract more hits...

But anyway, build is great, thank you!

Hi

About 9 points for staff crit/crit multi, you can pick jewels instead, im just not a big fan of those, thos they might be a bit better.

Throatseeker - yeah, I had dillema with this one but picked HP nodes in the end instead of some more dmg

You can remove Sanctity and 2 nodes after it and pick those 3 nodes behind MoM. Build was made in 2.4 so here wasn't any nodes behind MoM yet, gonna fix that soon.

About golems, yes you can try it, it also wasn't in 2.4 when I've created this build so can't really say how well it'll work. I wanted to make golem build to test it out but those are pretty expensive at the beginning, and later I usually get distracted by other skills :D

It's not like you need to do everything as I did, you can test out your ideas and tweak the build the way you'll enjoy it.

EDIT:
Fixed skilltrees, sorry for being a bit lazy :)
Last edited by kierny on May 3, 2017, 4:36:24 PM
Thanks for quick reply and comments! I have now moved on to 5L Tremor, and wow, this is one of the fastest clear speeds I ever had :) Very much enjoying.

I also did an alteration in auras: I do not too much like Arctic Armour, and instead I am just running Blasphemy + Enfeeble (too little dex for high lvl Temporal Chains), also in Alpha's Howl and this gives quite a bit of survivability just the moment they get close to you... With mana nodes after MoM there is still enough mana for traps with this setup.

Finally, do you consider Coated Shrapnel Jewels? Not sure they stack, but having 2-3 could potentially skyrocket the damage further, especially noting we are close to 3 poison nodes in the tree... That would give 70% increased damage with posion, and having 1 more jewel for poison damage/damage over time can easily lead poison to deal 20% of hit damage per second for 2 seconds, which can further help a lot on bosses, because poison from multiple traps will stack indefinitely (I think)...

However, it seems the build is already very offensive and needs some defensive focus instead :))

If I try any further changes that will look useful, I'll leave my comments here :)
Hmm I'm not sure if those jewels would be a good idea. I mean if course you'll get some nice dmg, but you'll have to sacrifice survi again.

I think it's not worth it, coz you already have a nice clear speed. So the only thing that would be really affected is swap weapon with Fireball.

You see... I was trying to get more HP/survi for my build that's why I skipped those Crit Multi nodes you've asked before, used Arctic Armour to save some more mana for MoM + dmg reduction effect and keep chilled ground while you kite around if needed.

Aura's/Curses are your preference too, if you can manage with mana that's left it's fine.

Let's go back to jewels for a sec, I think if you would like to max their potential you could make a Trap(better)/Mine buiild with Ethereal Knives as skill and Sire of Shards staff. This would be a pretty good combination worth testing. Well that's some nice idea, maybe I'll test it too heheh :D
Last edited by kierny on May 4, 2017, 4:00:56 PM
Yeah, I quickly realized that poison is not needed here, survi is more important. Btw at lvl 80 I am still not using second staff with fireball, arc still is fine for bosses... But I will add Fireball later.

Indeed, that's an interesting idea to test!
Why are you using added chaos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info