Wild Strike Elemental Raider (2.4) - HC Viable for Hydra and Chimera

Wild Strike Elemental Raider - Fast, tanky, engaging gameplay

Hydra Down HC Essence:

http://imgur.com/a/TB3Ut

Intro:

Spoiler

I really enjoyed playing Elemental Wild Strike with Elementalist in 2.3 and decided to make it as Raider in 2.4. Purpose is to trade damage for survivability.

Check out 2.3 version in Witch build list (Way of the Grand spectrum Wild Strike Elementalist)

General concept:

Spoiler

Clearing maps became more and more easy over time and I had the purpose to create a build that can kill almost any bosses in HC.

Wanting a very solid defense to all sorts of attacks and spells, I decided to pick the cheapest layers of defense and cheapest DPS Aoe attack.

By not requiring block, or armour, or crit, I could pick a very good amount of life nods and focus on using a lot of rare items and have life in every slots.

Wild strike has a very good Aoe that requires no investment with a very good base attack damage. Being in close range and having to click on the monster to attack it makes you read the mods and will save you from a dangerous Volatile blood for example.

Movement speed, Attack speed, life on hit, Dodge, Spell Dodge, Blind, Fortify, Enfeeble, Temporal Chain, Curse effectiveness, Arctic armour, Lighting coil, overcapped resistance, immunity to status ailment, positive chaos resistance are all great defense that requires not much nods from the tree making you able to pick a lot of life that will make sure you don't get one shot.

Dps can be good even with that defense. I do reach 90k tooltip dps buffed in solo, Vinktar shock effect added to that is really good.

Sorry for wall of text.

Leveling:

Spoiler

Build is cheap and a league starter. It has a lot of expansive options in end game like other builds.

Using Frost Blade for leveling and then Wild Strike. You are not forced to use specific weapons. You can use essences that adds elemental damage on rings, amulets, gloves, and weapons you find.

Conversion from frost blade and wild strike gives you the option to use physical weapons as well if it is what you find at low level.

Give it a try and have fun.

Tree:

Bandits:

Spoiler

Help Oak normal
Help Kraytin cruel
Help Kraytin merciless

Skills:

Spoiler

Wild Strike - Weapon Ele - Multistrike - Elemental Focus - Lighting Penetration - Added Lightning

85% or so of damage is lighting, making the use of lighting penetration worth it.

Overlord does not get triggered enough often because of no investment in crit.This setup solves the problem:

Blade vortex(lvl 1) - increased crit chance - CWDT(lvl 1)

Use Frenzy skill in situation that you can't rely on frenzy per kill

Whirling blade - faster attack - fortify - Frenzy

Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Temporal Chain

Enfeeble is too good to not use,

Arctic armor:

another layer of defense

Blood rage:

frenzy charge generation

Ancestral protector - Blind - Culling Strike - Item Rarity:

Enduring Cry

Gear:

Spoiler

Conclusion:
Spoiler

This character is made in HC Essence League. I plan to update this build with new sections, images and video.

Edit: Build changed a bit for second attempt at Minotaur soon.

Please note that this is not yet a build guide, many sections and information missing. I plan on updating soon.

See you in HC Essence League.

Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Sep 20, 2016, 3:18:26 AM
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2016, 2:19:05 PM
Any chance of posting a video of the clear of this build? Wild strike looks quite fun.

Anyway, how is the single target and aoe clears? and were you able to use wild strike from the moment you got it
EHC: Wyvernborn
Hydra build !
Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Sep 9, 2016, 11:43:52 AM
Great build!! You just proved its effectiveness by defeating the Hydra in freaking Hardcore Essence league (in like 1 week nontheless). This means that the build is able to clear relatively fast while also being able to fight bosses.
This one is perfect for adapting my wildstrike build that is in standard right now. I hope that there are some ele weapons for sale there.
Last edited by MANGUERA on Sep 11, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
very cool, and I am a bit surprised at the effectiveness.

Although, I suppose warchief and dual curse is alot of it.
which kindof is my main question. Dual curse looks like the main draw here.
In HC Essence, the availability of +1 curse items. (doedre's damning, corrupted viridian jewel, or corrupted ammy, is probably not guaranteed. while whispers is.

Something like this better, given the option of a +1 curse item?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAO4FLQguDR8PqxEvEYEVIBa_FyYZihmOGbQajx2qIuIj9iSLJpUqCypNKwos6S2DLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOkI8KDy-Ps8_J0GHQdBDMUZxR35H4krIS3hM_02SUUdRTFVLVvpaGl3yX3BfsGHiYqxjp2VNapNsjG6qb55wUnTteoR6731bfXWDCYNthMWE2YazidOMNo19jb-PYJuNm7Wcvp2qo4qkOaxHtfK3Pr02vea-p8MzwzrKStCt02_TftQj1ljYvdjV2sHdRt2o4YjrY-0_7YPuDu969qP22vsJ_gr-Sf6P_ro=

With heretics veil, even cut out some of the reservation?

PS. swapped to enfeeble for my frostblades Pathfinder, after looking at yours. yes. much better. (was poachers.)
Last edited by Casia on Sep 12, 2016, 7:59:46 AM
Hey man, I'm going to try this build out in the next weeks. I have always wanted to play a WS build and this seems to be a good place to start.

I have just a couple of questions:

You use blood rage. You don't really need frenzy charge generation since you have the ascendancy perks from raider so I suppose you are using it for the life leech, am I right?

I see you are not using a flask for onslaught (which will give you phasing and all the bonus you get from the phasing), why so?

Anyway I'll post my results with the build and what I'll change for standard (I'll start from OP's build, I rellay like the setup)

Thank you!
How did u get 7k hp and how much time u wasted on kill hydra?
@angle123

I was using a Belly of the beast at the time and a lot of life from gear and tree. The fight was long not due to lack of DPS. I had to play it safe and windows for attacking were short.

@Trigor

Blood rage has decent attack speed and adds to frenzy generation. The degeneration does not hurt at all. Life leech is not effective on it because it is physical. Attack speed is over the top, you won't even notice a slow in whirling blade with temporal chain on you, so I did not see the need to use a Silver flask. Hope you enjoy playing it.

@Casia

Have fun trying different options to modify the build. So focused on getting life everywhere I did not want to use any unique that had none.

@Manguera

Yea I think that melee builds are better than people think.

----

Edited the build, no video yet.
video?
What would be the best stats for jewels? @KaptNCrounch

NICE BUILD !!
Last edited by 0xKush on Sep 21, 2016, 2:14:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info