Labyrinth is a terrible necessity

What might be the silliest argument I've ever heard is that HC populations are decimated by streamers not being on HC. Please let me know if there is anyone that actually buys that argument?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
What might be the silliest argument I've ever heard is that HC populations are decimated by streamers not being on HC. Please let me know if there is anyone that actually buys that argument?

It's not an argument,it's a selfimportance boost from someone who actually is watching the streamer stream instead of playing (yes,there are actually creeps who would rather watch someone do something,than do it them selves)

I can freely say,i always have a stream of someone running,but i don't watch them,i use them as radio playing in background while i play the game. And never have considered hopping between types of leagues depending on which streamer chooses which core,if there is anyone who actually does that,or believe that the majority does that to a point where a certain type of league can tank in numbers,you need help.
If i am not mistaken,Chris has mentioned several times that HC has never in PoE existence had the upper or even equal hand in terms of number of players picking it as their preferred core.
No rest for the wicked.
Yes. Hard core population is drastically declining. A lot of people are going over to softcore and when they die, they delete their character.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:
Yes. Hard core population is drastically declining. A lot of people are going over to softcore and when they die, they delete their character.

I assume you have loggs for that? some sort of clear evidence other than ''i think''? because honestly,alot of people should stop that,they aren't too good at it.
No rest for the wicked.
What I dont understand is how HC players could hate lab. Regardless of whether or not you like lab itself, younare playing hardcore to have a more difficult and punishing experience. If there is no content in the game than can kill you other than surprise volatiles or reflect then what makes HC any different than softcore. If your only reason for playing HC is to say you beat x content without dying then there is no reason to play HC at all. Beating Uber Lab in HC is a real achievemnt because it is actually difficult (unless you know the layout beforehand).

Beating Uberlab in softcore is just as good since you only get 1 chance anyways, but you have the freedom of intentionally losing to learn the layout.

As for the remove AC points from Lab debate. Why do you think that is a good idea, from a power creep perspective. Does Uber Atziri give you more power creep than was previously attainable before the release of Lab. Does any content in the game give you more power creep before Lab was introduced into the game compared to now. If the answer is no, why do you think it is fair to compare lab to those activities.

Finally, do you think power creep should just be handed to you for free, as in no difficult content is required to obtain it. If yes, what content is there left in the game for you to do that actually tests this new found power you have obtained.

If you understand that power creep must be worked for and not given without a challenge, then you understand that AC points can not be removed from lab.

Lately people have been saying Chris desribed lab and AC points as being seperate at one point, and as such that is the way it should be, or is planned to become. I feel it is more likely that they already thought about that and decided that its current concept is better for the game, or it would be exactly like that right now.

I think lab as a whole is a great concept. I love the traps changing how i play poe. I love being able to control the difficultybof the izaro fight by my own actions, and being rewarded for making it more difficult. I love opening sevwral chests in izaros treasure room and seeing the floor littered with loot, all valuable. I love being rewarded on top of that with enchants that i can throw on valuable uniques to increase its value significantly. I love that there are even prophecies for lab. The 10 minutes for a speed run, or 30 minutes for a full clear of uber lab are all more rewarding than the same period of time in yellow maps. Dont even get me started on the trash that is red maps, or the unrewarding shaper fight that just puts Lab at the top for all your money making goals.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Daiena wrote:
"
laycast wrote:

I assume you have loggs for that? some sort of clear evidence other than ''i think''? because honestly,alot of people should stop that,they aren't too good at it.

Honestly the biggest impact propably is that there are no seperate hardcore challanges and leagues anymore. No individual hardcore uniques and things like that. And with a huge income of more casual players due to GGGs marketing it is obvious that not all of those would hop straight into hardcore.

So if you look at that you would expect hardcore numbers to go down. And yes a lot of people already played hardcore in softcore, because hardcore is a decision you take yourself. And with connection issues playing hardcore in softcore is for some players the better way. I did it in D2 because back than Internet was even more terrible than it is now. Playing hardcore in standard also means you have access to a bigger market.

I can't say how many people play that way or if they actually abide by their own rules but it isn't a very unusual thing. Back when we played D&D we actuall had to destroy our characters ourselfs (we burned them during a BBQ :P) and I know a friend who actually buried his character sheets. So I assume their might be some people who delete their chars in standard, which essentially is hardcore all over.
"
Turtledove wrote:

When not even ppl that gets paid to play are into HC, you know that there's something wrong.
I think there's only Ziz left and he dies everyday.

My first HC experience was in Perandus and I loved it. After asc came out I didn't even joined the essence at all.

The lab just turned me off.
"
Jgizle wrote:
What I dont understand is how HC players could hate lab. Regardless of whether or not you like lab itself, younare playing hardcore to have a more difficult and punishing experience. If there is no content in the game than can kill you other than surprise volatiles or reflect then what makes HC any different than softcore. If your only reason for playing HC is to say you beat x content without dying then there is no reason to play HC at all. Beating Uber Lab in HC is a real achievemnt because it is actually difficult (unless you know the layout beforehand).

Beating Uberlab in softcore is just as good since you only get 1 chance anyways, but you have the freedom of intentionally losing to learn the layout.

As for the remove AC points from Lab debate. Why do you think that is a good idea, from a power creep perspective. Does Uber Atziri give you more power creep than was previously attainable before the release of Lab. Does any content in the game give you more power creep before Lab was introduced into the game compared to now. If the answer is no, why do you think it is fair to compare lab to those activities.

Finally, do you think power creep should just be handed to you for free, as in no difficult content is required to obtain it. If yes, what content is there left in the game for you to do that actually tests this new found power you have obtained.

If you understand that power creep must be worked for and not given without a challenge, then you understand that AC points can not be removed from lab.

Lately people have been saying Chris desribed lab and AC points as being seperate at one point, and as such that is the way it should be, or is planned to become. I feel it is more likely that they already thought about that and decided that its current concept is better for the game, or it would be exactly like that right now.

I think lab as a whole is a great concept. I love the traps changing how i play poe. I love being able to control the difficultybof the izaro fight by my own actions, and being rewarded for making it more difficult. I love opening sevwral chests in izaros treasure room and seeing the floor littered with loot, all valuable. I love being rewarded on top of that with enchants that i can throw on valuable uniques to increase its value significantly. I love that there are even prophecies for lab. The 10 minutes for a speed run, or 30 minutes for a full clear of uber lab are all more rewarding than the same period of time in yellow maps. Dont even get me started on the trash that is red maps, or the unrewarding shaper fight that just puts Lab at the top for all your money making goals.

I think it has to do with the feeling of not having your character "complete" while being forced into content your character should be "complete" for.
Also, it makes you feel like absolute garbage if you build your character as tanky as it can be and then getting rekt by some odd pathing. There have been times when instead of my character running in a straight line, the spinning pillar things force my character to run back and forth (and dying because of it).
Also, the people who dislike the labyrinth itself don't feel like focusing during it, which means they'd rather play in SC and repeat it until it eventually gets done.
Last edited by Idioticus on Oct 9, 2016, 9:58:02 AM
"
Also, the people who dislike the labyrinth itself don't feel like focusing during it, which means they'd rather play in SC and repeat it until it eventually gets done.

Which is totally fine. Standard is mostly superior to hardcore because the player sets his rules, the only choice he has to made is if he wants a regularly reset on the economy or not. After that he can play selffound he can if he wants to play hardcore but only outside the lab, it's entirely up to the player.
"
Jgizle wrote:

Those pillar things can be annoying. I use flame dash and leap slam while in lab. It makes getting through all the traps very easy. Leap slams great in the rooms with heated grates on the floors, and flame dash is great for the spike traps and the spinning pilars. The shooting darts is just positioning. Same with the moving circles with blades on edge.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info