[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

Why Vortex linked to Void Manipulation? What am I missing?
"
Dark_Oring wrote:

Void Manipulation increases Decay damage from Delirium. Vortex damage is almost meaningless; you're only using it to apply Delirium's Decay DoT.
El Psy Congroo.
"
enemymigs wrote:
"
ragequitter33 wrote:

212 dex required, crazy, no thanks!!

I thought it was going to be a pain myself, but I only needed 2 pieces of gear with top dex rolls, I'm actually at 277 dex and could easily drop some, essences made it easy to gear this league.
"
Lavox wrote:
What do you think if i replace poison gem instead controlled destruction for vortex setup? i read decay enchant from delirium essence doesn't scale with spell damage. it's that true?

Where did you read this? In mine and others in this threads testing, controlled destruction only works if the spell to apply Decay has the mod in the description "Modifiers to spell damage apply to this skill's damage over time". Only 2 spell's have this; essence drain and vortex. I would link the gems but I'm on my mobile and I'm sure u can look and see for yourself.

So I would try it for yourself and see but, I don't think poison will out damage controlled destruction since we only use it on big packs and don't spam the skill.

Dbum

IGN @Dbum
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Dark_Oring wrote:

Void Manipulation increases Decay damage from Delirium. Vortex damage is almost meaningless; you're only using it to apply Delirium's Decay DoT.

And the o so awesome chill on top of temp chains for HC!

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Last edited by dbum on Oct 26, 2016, 12:09:24 AM

Gathered currency for 1100 fuses, didn't need it :D lucky 380 or so fuses used. Crafted the +1, got a perfect 20% roll on my 2nd Leo craft, went from 13k dps to 20k dot damage, and I'm only at non quality 19 gems.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Vyvanne wrote:

Gathered currency for 1100 fuses, didn't need it :D lucky 380 or so fuses used. Crafted the +1, got a perfect 20% roll on my 2nd Leo craft, went from 13k dps to 20k dot damage, and I'm only at non quality 19 gems.

Very nice I need to save up and 6 link another one.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Could someone post a vod with vortex fast clearing?
Just a testament to the viability of the build, I am lvl 73 right now, and just cleared my first red map (t11 shaped canyon) just to see if I could, tanked both bosses 5 levels higher than me and had 0 issues, tooltip ED dps is only 3.2k right now (gems and supports not leveled yet). I am assuming decay isn't calculated at all in any tooltip or character sheet?

I am currently using this gear:

My Gear

and this is my skill tree (haven't focused on the damage nodes or jewel slots yet, another reason why low dps):

My Skill Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAQHCPQOSBB7ES8RUBGWE20UCRV-FdcYahmKGo8bJR1PHdki6iL0JogrCiy_Nbk6WD1fQ1RJE0lRSbFLrkyzTm1SU1XGVmNYB1xAXGtd8l8qadhqQ2wLbRltbHC7dZ52gngvfOV88H6hf8aD24RIhq6Hy4hCieCP-pEHkx-TJ5eVl_SboZwyoS-lxKcrp5usmLVItzC7_L46vorAVMHFwzrDbcgMzxXXz9lb2xrfit-w5ljndOjW6QLrY-vk7BjviPDV9HH22vfX-Tf7CQ==

I also absolutely love how the explosion from profane bloom also happens to trigger decay, causing a huge cascade effect, something hated by so many in standard ED/Contagion builds, finally shines in ED/Vortex+Decay builds.
Last edited by ragequitter33 on Oct 27, 2016, 4:03:23 PM
So I recently got a shav's while playing this build. So my question is does this build benefit from lowlife if so how? Also side note I dont have a +1 bow yet and could obviously afford to craft one with profits if I sold shavs. So what will give this character more damage/tankiness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info