Hacked Accounts

Hi there - this may not mean that your account security has been breached. It may be simply that your IP has changed since you last logged in. If you feel at all concerned about your account safety I would recommend that you change both your Path of Exile account password and your associated email password to separate complex passwords that you don't use for any other accounts. Feel free to contact me or support at "Support@grindinggear.com" if you have any further queries about this.

Kind regards,
Bex
"
Emil_kof wrote:
This question is directed to the people in charge of accounts...is there a way to temporarily close my account for some amount of time? The reason is that I will be on vacation for a month, and will not be able to log in to play. I don't want my account to be accessed by anyone while I'm gone, so I wish that it is temporarily closed until I return from my vacation. Is there any way this can be arranged? I really fear that something could happen while I'm gone and I won't find out about it until it's too late.

Hi there,

Yes, we can do this for you. Please email us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" to make this request.

Kind regards,
Bex
"
Emil_kof wrote:
Can you tell me more about how it works? What if a random person hacked the account and then e-mailed you saying "I'm back, can you open my account", what will happen?

Also I don't need this now, but in a month I will be going away. Just curious about the details of how this service works...or if there is a link somewhere that I can read about it.

This could only occur if your email address was hacked. Your Path of Exile account would be secure otherwise. I suggest utilizing gmail's 2 step email verification proccess as it seems to be the most secure email service currently available. Email us any time you would like to request this.

Kind regards,
Bex
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. Please email us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" with all hacked account cases, as this is the best way for us to help you.

Kind regards,
Bex
Hi there,

To report your account being hacked, please contact support@grindinggear.com.

Cheers!
"
BillNRND wrote:
Your first post, directing people to an obscure site, where they're supposed to run Java...

Mods need to delete that ASAP.

Got it, cheers!

-Henry
"
geerard91 wrote:
I created an account with the same email and I to erase this

Hey there,

If you log back in now, you should see your characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info