Community Builds for New Players

The Ancestral warchief build is a nice build for new player !
Fast leveling good power with little investment , the 6l isnt mandatory until end game content and if you want to push the damage or have a bit more challenge for gearing

i recommend the facebreaker version : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250

especially in essence ,getting + damage ring will be easier.
Some of the new bosses are extremely rippy. Facebreakers not a safe choice unless you use BoR instead of abyssus.
Dogshit builds. Putting a catchy name on it doesn't make it fun, unique, new or interesting.
"
tarantoga wrote:
i would advise new players to go and look for builds on their own, forum is full of them, i dont know on what basis these build were chosen to be for 'new players' but in my opinion some of them are not new player friendly

THIS! î

I had a friend pick up POE a while ago. He loves D2, so i figured...
Quit after merveil, didin't even had a support gem on his freezing pulse.

Too complex and taxing to really plan ahead with no clue about the game. That was his reason. He was discouraged by what me and other friends told and showed him about endgame and how much effort and brain work goes into even the simpler builds.

IMO a NEW player a guide would be named "how to get to normal Malachai" not "is it Uber-Atziri viable"

If with new player you mean a person who already crashed two or three characters and already made it to merciless, then instead of spoonfeeding them proper builds (as good as the guides may be explained) think about how you can teach them to think like a someone who makes lategame viable builds.
I met several people so far who proved to have no clue of mechanics whatsoever and didn't even understand HOW or WHY their own builds worked. They just rebuilt them and that's it.

Glorifiing endgame builds only forms meta trends.
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 6, 2016, 11:55:21 AM
GGG community build for new players:

links melee staff build that uses
6L mirror staff
6L chest
legacy crit mult mirror amulet
2 mirror rings
acuity
headhunter
legacy vinktar
legacy taste of hate
enlighten 4

no support recommendations for under 6L

seems legit. GL new players.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Warchief totem is actually quite easy to play self-found or with cheap bought gear. (I made it in both the 48h SSF flashback races)

But champion is not a good choice at all. Since totems do the attacking, you can easily leap slam + fortify every few seconds to keep up the buff.

Chieftain is a much stronger choice imho because your totems taunt enemies and leech life to you. Totems are also much tankier with 50% of your armor and fire immunity (which matters for melee totems because they last 50% longer than spell totems). You also gain 2% life regen and 20% damage added as fire on chieftain tree. And it scales really well with added fire + WED since he gets a lot of fire damage buffs.

Taunt is extremely OP against tough bosses because it means the bosses never target you and focus on totems instead, so if its a fire damage boss for example, your totems will never die and you can just stay safely away while they kill. They are pretty resilient to phys.damage too. For other elemental damage types you can swap out a blue gem for totem resist.

EDIT: You can get HUGE dps with a cauteriser (230 pdps, 70% extra phys->fire) and ngamahu tiki until you can get a hezmanas/marohi/disfavour.

You can also use swords instead of axes and use a doomsower for more aoe and even more fire damage, which is what I am doing.
Pretty sure only totems and firestorm are new player friendly builds. like do you even play this game?
S L O W E R
What is Felipe's position in GGG? Community Deputy Manager?(・・ ) ?
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael