Community Builds for New Players

"
silumit wrote:
"
This was sarcasm.
I got it but my point is valid nevertheless, you can't call a build that have 4K hp + 2K ES a "build for new players". Because new players can't afford such gear (and at the time they can they aren't "new" anymore).

Yeap its true.I make 900 energy shield and lose all currency (i farm currency through 3 difficults)
and have 2.5k hp.

"
I saw this topic on client and really think its for new players but was dissapointed.
How i see new player guide:
1.Passive skill tree 20-40-60
2.You need items 3-4 linked armor/weapon.(no unique suggest or 5-6linked items)
3.Some simple lines about lab 1-2 difficult(i dont think new player can finish lab3 with first character)
4.Some simple lines about maps (1-4 tier)
Thats all need new player.
What i saw here? 6litems to new players.
I dont know its a joke or bad Trolling.
Check Appels' firestorm build instead, I think that one meets most of your points.[/quote]
Need try this build now.
Last edited by DeadWalkerNightStalker on Sep 6, 2016, 7:39:05 AM
Хорошие билды,но не вижу на бандита
"
tm10067 wrote:
A bunch of 2H builds - they are so beginner friendly)))

Hi can you decode -> "2H" ?
For *new* players in a new league I was expecting more like the Firestorm build. If all of these had shown prophecy characters in 3-days of play self-found gear, like most *new* players would have, I would have found it useful. 6L gear is inappropriate for players finding their way in the game.
I miss my CoC :((
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
"
tm10067 wrote:

2H means using 2-hand weapons.

"
tm10067 wrote:
"
"
tm10067 wrote:

2H means using 2-hand weapons.

Thank you.
for new players? get the fuck outa here!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
i would advise new players to go and look for builds on their own, forum is full of them, i dont know on what basis these build were chosen to be for 'new players' but in my opinion some of them are not new player friendly
Warchief totem is actually quite easy to play self-found or with cheap bought gear. (I made it in both the 48h SSF flashback races)

But champion is not a good choice at all. Since totems do the attacking, you can easily leap slam + fortify every few seconds to keep up the buff.

Chieftain is a much stronger choice imho because your totems taunt enemies and leech life to you. Totems are also much tankier with 50% of your armor and fire immunity (which matters for melee totems because they last 50% longer than spell totems). You also gain 2% life regen and 20% damage added as fire on chieftain tree. And it scales really well with added fire + WED since he gets a lot of fire damage buffs.

Taunt is extremely OP against tough bosses because it means the bosses never target you and focus on totems instead, so if its a fire damage boss for example, your totems will never die and you can just stay safely away while they kill. They are pretty resilient to phys.damage too. For other elemental damage types you can swap out a blue gem for totem resist.

EDIT: You can get HUGE dps with a cauteriser (230 pdps, 70% extra phys->fire) and ngamahu tiki until you can get a hezmanas/marohi/disfavour.
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Sep 6, 2016, 9:53:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info