Elemental Focus

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2022, 8:00:39 AM
I have recently been playing around with a few items and I noticed that Elemental Focus is not interacting with Realm Ender Iron Staff as it is tagged only with the "Support" keyword and gains no increased levels while in the item.

Is it something that has been missed/not intended?

Other supports such as Elemental Proliferation and Cold to Fire gain the +4 bonus from the staff while Elemental Focus gains nothing and I feel that it should be tagged appropriately as its characteristics fall into line for that of the "elemental" theme.

Cheers,Doomzie

Still no update on the tags as posted above.
I already got 90 lvl magma orb Inquisitor using this gem and it helps me a lot. Playing him I decided not to use burning so the cost is rather low.

I also have other char in mind. I'm thinking about flicker strike char - for now berserk - who would generate frenzy charges with oro's sacrafice and passives. From passives tree I plan for now about 25% chance to ignite with hit and another 20% from oro's, so 45% to gain frenzy charge on hit.

I think if I use flicker strike with this support there's no chance to ignite regardless passives and sword. Could someone confirm that?
"
kawrr wrote:
I think if I use flicker strike with this support there's no chance to ignite regardless passives and sword. Could someone confirm that?

That is what "cannot inflict Elemental Status Ailments" means, yes.
Keep in mind you can still use elemental focus with oro flicker if you can get some other thing (such as a self cast blade vortex with ignite chance and fire damage, or/and cwdt firestorms/blade vortex/whatever multihitting stuff) to get you frenzy charges, and whatever sources like raider nodes, just it may be a bit less consistent.
I'm confused. I've seen on yt some tutorial where player uses oni goroshi blade flurry setup and... he uses elemental focus. Some ppl say it won't work because target can't be ignited so her embrace won't trigger. On the other hand pob indicates that elem focus gives highest dmg boost for blade flurry with oni goroshi.
Last edited by vayha on Mar 30, 2018, 9:41:17 AM
I just noticed my previous statement 2 years ago is completely wrong lol, since oro only grants frenzy charges when your attacks hit ignite enemies.

I guess you can still use like counter attack triggers or other frenzy charge generation like flat phys source + that bleed reflect jewel + breach boots or raider stuff but spells certainly won't work.

About oni goroshi:
there are other ways to ignite enemies for example maybe a movement skill or any other cwdt spell. Another less likely thing is perhaps they purposely don't ignite enemies to not deal with the degen
How does elemental focus "supported skills cannot inflict elemental ailments" interact with Fate of the Vaal's "hits with this weapon always inflict elemental ailments"?
"
BannyD wrote:
How does elemental focus "supported skills cannot inflict elemental ailments" interact with Fate of the Vaal's "hits with this weapon always inflict elemental ailments"?

"Never" modifiers are always absolute, and override anything else - including "Always" modifiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info