Atlas Map Drop Improvements

We're really glad that you've been enjoying Atlas of Worlds so far. We've gone through feedback and wanted to respond quickly and transparently about some changes we're making related to map progression.

Today, with a serverside hotfix, the following changes will be made:
  • Overall map drop rates will be increased slightly (around 5%). This is intended to ease the map pressure that some users are feeling in lower tiers.
  • Cartographer's Sextants will drop more often. They were too rare.
  • Zana's Sell Window will now sell you maps you haven't completed. It's like you got them in trade from another player.

We also have a larger 2.4.0c patch lined up for tomorrow with many bug fixes and improvements. Specifically, the map changes planned for that one are:
  • If a Zana mission grants you access to a map that is a higher tier than normal, then it's treated as connected to a random map of that new tier rather than being capped at dropping lower maps.
  • The Uber Labyrinth map chest will be able to drop maps that you haven't completed.

Thanks for the continued feedback, and best of luck exploring the Atlas!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 5, 2016, 6:43:44 PM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 6:57:51 AM
gg ggg
Creator
gg ggg
Yes buff the drops of the labyrinth chests cause the rewards are not enough there obviously. Its not like endgame lab is the most rewarding area in the game at the moment from a risk/reward and time point of view.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
nice :D
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
What about completing Oba's map without getting Shaper's orb?:( (i've got legacy map)

Glad to hear about sextants - run over 120 maps and haven't found any single one...
nice job^^
Last edited by FreedomOI on Sep 5, 2016, 7:13:12 PM
Yes we need more sextants to drop. :D

Edit: Also, thanks for the Zana's sell window fix/improvements.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 5, 2016, 7:07:39 PM
so what about silver coins? any love for them too?
While 5% isnt anything major, hopefully it will make mapping better for everyone. Thanks ggg :)
Last edited by South_North on Sep 5, 2016, 7:08:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info