How the Atlas of Worlds Launch Went

and it's great fun. love the new maps <3
With the amount of stuff added to the game something was bound to go wrong but you guys fixed it in no time really. I'v seen much worse launch of new content before from other games.
New maps are baller.
and yet this is still not fixed nor has even been commented on in bug forums by a mod

17 separate posts about this specific issue. mine being the first as I was prepared at release for leveling Leo.

░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
"
Zanazel wrote:
Can someone help me? downloading patch, it's going to like 700 -ish percent complete (weird, I know) and then I get a pop up message: path of exile downloaded file "FMOD/Desktop/general_Music.bank" has the wrong hash and then the patch window just closes.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

new info, ran a 2nd time with no change in results:

Patch 2.4.0b 2.38G /257.22 MB 947.58% complete

uninstall/reinstall game
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
how about letting servers go live abit before league starts(60min). then can all join into the league and stand idle at the beach.. like a regular race. its frustrating being 30k in line and wait 2 hours when you wanted to hit it hard. wud also propperly give you guys the time to add capacity if needed.

this is quite the idea but will never be implemented. when you are in right at the start and get dropped 4 times and then have to sit behind 65k other players waiting to get in while those that didn't get dropped, like ZiggyD for example, get to rush on ahead while others sit over an hour waiting. this ensures that the valuable players get a headstart over everyone else. and why would they ever change that?
I still can`t play. Crash at login page.

Not having fun
"
S0S wrote:
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
how about letting servers go live abit before league starts(60min). then can all join into the league and stand idle at the beach.. like a regular race. its frustrating being 30k in line and wait 2 hours when you wanted to hit it hard. wud also propperly give you guys the time to add capacity if needed.

this is quite the idea but will never be implemented. when you are in right at the start and get dropped 4 times and then have to sit behind 65k other players waiting to get in while those that didn't get dropped, like ZiggyD for example, get to rush on ahead while others sit over an hour waiting. this ensures that the valuable players get a headstart over everyone else. and why would they ever change that?

...and we would not have opportunity to watch Ziggy's videos giving us smart ideas like "if you do this, you can make tons of currency early in the game", and "i sold those for few exalts early in the game" and crap like that. Oh yeah, if you actually can play the game when it's early for everyone.
I know it's not true, but it could be.
all drop rates need to be increased by 15%. map drop rates need to be increased by 50%.
"
Other than the server memory issues during the first few hours, the launch went smoothly and our players have been enjoying the Essence Challenge Leagues and Atlas content! We have released two hotfix patches so far (here and here). Today we've just released Patch 2.4.0b which fixes over a dozen more problems such as the Nature's Boon issue and several crashes.

Posted by Felipe_GGG

It's funny you got the "new guy" to cover the failure that was the launch.

Even funnier is how you downplay the utter shitfest that the launch was.

Imposing a lockout on players so the ones that Rngeezus picked could actually play.
Pretending it was mainly players "eagerness" to try out AoW and not your pos servers that you don't have any plans to upgrade till 10.0.0 comes out.

It's been 4 days since the launch and things are not looking brighter. People can't patch the game; there's constant crashes and disconnections; You even had to hotfix Zana's shop cause she would not sell any maps that's how bad you fucked up this launch.

On the bright side you had no problem spamming your promotion during this weekend cause the launch went smoothly. Were you the company that started on this journey three years ago that would not have happened in a million years.

Lo, how the mighty have fallen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info