[Suggestion] A Toggle Option for "Display Load Screen Art for 5 seconds" for the new Load Screens

With the release of new, awesome Load Screens in Path of Exile, looking at the Load Screens for each Act is a pleasure for once because they capture the gritty, somewhat bleak and not-too-colorful-peaches-and-roses atmosphere of the game.

Can we please get a Toggle Option we can turn On/Off named 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' (regardless how fast a player's computer actually loaded the area) so we can enjoy the hard work that went into creating those awesome load screens in the first place?

Furthermore (as pointed out to someone in the discussion area below), not everyone has long Load Screen times. My suggestion is more for players (like me) whose computers are so good the Load Screen Art only shows for a split second.

However, for those who do not have very good computers who do have long Load Screen times, they would never (or should never) enable the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option. That is only common sense.

P.S. If the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option is implemented, make sure it is turned Off by default for those who may cry foul about it being turned On by default.

Thank you for looking into this : )
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 4, 2016, 4:44:49 AM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2016, 2:08:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd use it, probably no chance this would get implemented though.
"
Telzen wrote:
I'd use it, probably no chance this would get implemented though.

More so than not, there is proven power in numbers if/when enough people gather around wanting or fighting for the same thing to really happen.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 3, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
This is a bad idea. Your feedback is basically "I'm not tired of the loading screens yet." Your suggestion is "I want to get my full of them, as quickly as possible." Just enjoy the idea that, for a while longer anyway, you'll actually be looking forward to them, instead of trying to get the devs to make them boring faster.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 3, 2016, 10:48:49 PM
I hope they release it on the Wallpaper section.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"for at least 5 seconds" You mean.

I bet some users still have long loading times :p

Scrotie does have a point tho.

Or why not just have the option to have a button "next" on the loading screen ( after a loading bar ), so that the player can choose when to skip ?
That would need a timeless immunity timer and having the minions completely frozen though, maybe ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is a bad idea. Your feedback is basically "I'm not tired of the loading screens yet." Your suggestion is "I want to get my full of them, as quickly as possible." Just enjoy the idea that, for a while longer anyway, you'll actually be looking forward to them, instead of trying to get the devs to make them boring faster.

No, it is not a bad suggestion since my suggestion includes the Option to Toggle it On/Off for those who want to have it On or for those who want to have it Off. It would be turned Off by default, anyway. My suggestion is not 'basically' anything you assumed arrived at by misplayed assumption.

With that being said in mind, what my suggestion does say is, "I like the Load Screen Art so much I do not 'tire' from them, therefore, I would like to see an Option to display Load Screen Art for 5 seconds." Do not sit there and try to speak for me, because you are not me, and I am not you.

Conclusively, if this Option is implemented and you tire from the Load Screen Art, then you can turn the Option Off. That doesn't mean everyone else will turn it Off.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 4, 2016, 12:01:06 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

No, that is not what I mean or meant. What my OP suggests is just what it is.

"
Fruz wrote:

Not everyone has long Load Screen times, though. Furthermore, my suggestion is more for players (like me) whose computers are so good the Load Screen Art only shows for a split second. However, for those who do not have very good computers who do have long Load Screen times, they would never (or should never) enable the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option.

It is only common sense, and very simple:

Long Load Screen time as is? Do not enable the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option.

Short Load Screen time, so fast you hardly have enough time to appreciate the time that went into the Load Screen Art? Enable the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option (if you want to).

"
Fruz wrote:
Scrotie does have a point tho.

ScrotieMcB did not make a point whatsoever. All he did was try to speak for somebody else who is not him thinking he is right when he is not right. He spoke for himself, inadvertently saying how easily he tires of Load Screens in general, or in this case, the newly released Load Screens for each Act that released with Atlas of Worlds.

"
Fruz wrote:
Or why not just have the option to have a button "next" on the loading screen ( after a loading bar ), so that the player can choose when to skip ?
That would need a timeless immunity timer and having the minions completely frozen though, maybe ....

Or why not just have the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option suggested in my OP turned Off by default for those like ScrotieMcB who might cry foul over the Option being On by default (my OP has been updated to suggest that).
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 4, 2016, 12:22:39 AM
"
"
Fruz wrote:

No, that is not what I mean or meant. What my OP suggests is just what it is.

"
Fruz wrote:

Not everyone has long Load Screen times, though. Furthermore, my suggestion is more for players (like me) whose computers are so good the Load Screen Art only shows for a split second. However, for those who do not have very good computers who do have long Load Screen times, they would never (or should never) enable the 'Display Load Screen Art for 5 Seconds' Option. That is only common sense.

You did not get my point then.

If you give the option "loading screen last 5 seconds" to users, some users on very bad spec will ( it will happen ) think that it can improve their loading, and will try it, and that "loading screen last 5 seconds" will turn to a lie to them.

Adding "at least" to the wording solves that problem.

I guess your "common sense" did not go as far as seeing that heh ...

And no, Scrote did have a point, if you can GGG to implement such a thing, GGG needs a good reason to do so, and as he pointed out, GGG might not want to spend time ( as little as it would take ) on something that would be useful for player for what ... less than a week in many (most?) cases ?
You missed his point too it seems, simple as that.

I though that this was open to discussion, turns out that you are completely closed to discussion, no point here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 4, 2016, 12:24:04 AM
On most computers the PrintScreen key copies an image of the current screen to the clipboard.

Edit: GGG should also release some high-res wallpapers.

Enjoy the thread, fellows.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 4, 2016, 12:37:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info