Triple Cursing Poison Spreading Animate Guardian (Just AG)

Lots of talk going but few AG setups being posted, guys please share your loadouts. I am curious how you build your AGs.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
3 purities is always worth it, thats 28% reduction in elemental damage when your already at the 75% cap (for aura builds at least).
"
Lots of talk going but few AG setups being posted, guys please share your loadouts. I am curious how you build your AGs.

legacy blood dance
dying breath
leercast
zahndethus cassok
southbound gloves

So for guardians there is one thing to consider when using them in terms of how they die.

guardians dont really get to leech because most of them are 1 link buff stick minions.

This means that their durability is built on mitigation max hp pool and regeneration. most guardians die because most people dont stack those three things to their max

82% resist all means dick if you are running around with a 15000 hp guardian and only 2% life regen. that dude will die all the time.

on the other hand a corrupted 21 guardian .. in a plus 2 helm with 150% minion life? well that is a 26 -30k hp minion.

capped resists? well if you notice my gear doesnt do that. what does do it is is commander of darkness and two 10% minion all res jewels

finally i make sure i can get an insane amount of regen on the guardian.

2.5% from the tree.
2.1% from femurs of the saints (yup i am using one)
and then when i run bone offering another 4% from all teh zahndethus farts.
for good measure my build happens to run frenzy monkeys .. so that is another 3% life regen from legacy blood dance

so where as most people have maybe 2.5 % regen on the guardian i can cap out at over 10% , 3k life per second.. delicious

also about legacy blood dance ... i have 18 so why not
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 2, 2016, 12:34:52 PM
"
I set up a thread to get a full rundown on all that is AG. I want to find out what info we can gather about the base entity, what item implicits and mods work with it. Interactions with spectres and player builds will come.

Animate Guardian Detailed Thread
"
perrovlad wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
perrovlad wrote:
I usually spent 10+ chaos on my full support guardian's animated guardian, with extra minion life gem, (leer cast, dying breath and the rest nice rares). And even with that, the 3 supper buffed purities, discipline + guardian extra es, determination + guardian extra armor, vitality + shaper's seed, enemies cursed with enfeeble and temporal chains, grace and haste; my animated guardian always found a way to get killed from 100 to 0 before i could even say "remove gem!". He wasn't a weapon swap away because my support guardian thight gem slots, but even then, when he died, he died really quick.

I think only one time volatile blood did the job, but most of the time it was just that my guardian was too brave for this cruel world.

That is likely because you don't know how to set him up. Leer Cast and Dying Breath are not good defensive items, which is fine, if you make it up with the other pieces. But you gotta know which pieces are good for him, it isn't the same as your own setup.

Think of how you would build your character if you had 20k to 30k life. It won't be the same setup as how you build your character currently. Frankly speaking Animate Guardian is nearly invincible when built correctly. Even bosses like Map Piety cannot move his life bar below 90%.

Discipline and 3 purities increases Guardian's survivability by a miniscule amount, so little that you won't notice. Determination also does very little, unless you are telling me you have a 4k armor chest and 2k armor shield. Even so, Grace would have been more useful. Heck, Grace alone would have trumped the 5 auras you just mentioned.

The last 2 auras, Vitality and Shaper's Seed does boost his survivability.

I've to disagree. To put thing in perspective, i was pushing tier 10-14 yellow maps in the 2 week perandus race. My guardian didn't have shavs and i was using solaris lorica, also alpha's howl, the shield with blood magic. I have like 5k es with the armor solaris lorica provides and the little ES i could squeeze in in my gloves, weapon, and boots and i died very few times, 3 i think(yeah, softcore scrub). But my guardian died quite often, like every 10 maps from crazy bursts of damage. There was some perandus strongboxes craziness involved, but not all the time. And yes, the rares were ok. High armor/life with some resists and ES or evasion when possible.

Also, 3 purities not only allows you to cap your resists, but also raises your maximum resistances, so my guardian was sitting, if i remember correctly, at 82% all resists and way over capped in case of some resist penetration shenanigans. And also determination and discipline are very noticeable boosts to survability, even for characters without any increased es or armor, specially when you factor the base armor that guardian gives you end up with, at least, a perma granite flask if you have 0 armor in your gear.

No matter how tanky you think your animated guardian is, PoE will always find a way to whack him.
And you.

I am aware of what purities does. It still doesn't mean much if you aren't building your Animate Guardian right. Yes, it is possible to kill the Animate Guardian, but it is far harder to kill it than you think.
Running 3 purities means your Animate Guardian has a bit higher max resist. So what if you get more max resists? It isn't like the player where you have multiple ways of recovering life or ES, by flasks, leech etc. Animate Guardian doesn't have that.

With their life pool at 20k to 30k, they aren't going to be bursted down anytime soon. The important questions are what source of mitigation or recovery does your Animate Guardian have. For example, if your Animate Guardian has block, Zahndethus' Cassock, while sucks normally, is excellent for the Animate Guardian. So is Anbu's Charge Crusader Chain. The latter giving Animate Guardian the very valuable Endurance charge when it takes a crit.
Abussus - Facebreaker - That useful added phys Shield - Belly or something - Some Boots = Badass brawler AG or he will die in second due to Abyssus?

Dying Breath + Leer cast + Conscer. Ground on block Chest Piece or some other defensive armour + whatever = good and cheap support setup.

I wanted to make AG with Kaom but considering how much HP he have, I think it's pointless.

Honestly, I didn't seen much of Animate Guardians setups. You can give him ANY weapon or armour in the game. Yet, there is no good (maybe expensive - I don't care, I am just really curious) combinations of weapons? There are great combinations out there for sure - they are just await to be told.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 4, 2016, 12:02:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info