Triple Cursing Poison Spreading Animate Guardian (Just AG)

Helm
Deodre's Scorn

Body
Cospri's Will

Gloves
Asenth's Gentle Touch

Boots
Windscream

Sheild
Sentari's Answer

Weapon
Bino's Kitchen Knife
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2016, 12:02:05 PM
Drop the AG triple cursing, its just not worth it, unless you corrupt a Gentle touch with vulnerability, to get the temp chains + vuln combo. And just let him doublecurse with cospri's.

For the shield i would definitely pick something way more defensive. Same for helm, or heck maybe even go abyssus on it as AG should have more than 20k hp anyway. And boots should be something to help him survive as well.

I love atziris step on my AGs for that.

Not sure how that would work out in endgame, but people made some beastly AG builds before ele prolif was nerfed. But that was relying on Oro's huge base damage.

That's a nice guardian.
I can only imagine the tears when he walks into a volatile blood mob.
"
perrovlad wrote:
That's a nice guardian.

Time to get that Haku chest mod craft that makes guardians drop their items on death!
Bring back race seasons.
I've pretty much accepted that the devs and a lot of the playerbase disagrees with me on this, but I think it's just tragic that the costly mechanics of the Animated Guardian discourage all of the awesome creativity that would be possible with it.

Make him keep his items forever, fine, but let me revive him when I go back to my hideout with everything intact. Losing whatever you put on him is just never going to be worth it. No matter how tanky he gets, the best case scenario is that he lives forever because you're too scared to take him into the hardest content.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
perrovlad wrote:
That's a nice guardian.

Time to get that Haku chest mod craft that makes guardians drop their items on death!

It only makes him drop his chest on death, not everything.
"
Crocodarrel wrote:
I've pretty much accepted that the devs and a lot of the playerbase disagrees with me on this, but I think it's just tragic that the costly mechanics of the Animated Guardian discourage all of the awesome creativity that would be possible with it.

Make him keep his items forever, fine, but let me revive him when I go back to my hideout with everything intact. Losing whatever you put on him is just never going to be worth it. No matter how tanky he gets, the best case scenario is that he lives forever because you're too scared to take him into the hardest content.

The only thing the loss of items prevented me, is from throwing T1 price uniques on my guardian.

I regularly made guardians with at least 20-40 chaos worth of gear. While sure it might not be A LOT for some people, its still a pretty pricey guardian that can kick ass.

But hey most of the time you can make a baller just with breath of the dying + leer cast + belly of the beast.

Or singularity + the oak/any other shield really

And most of the REALLY expensive uniques are no good on guardians anyway as they have effects that require actual skill use, or interact with gems or specific builds.

The only thing the cost of losing items on death prevents, is rushing and acting foolishly with your guardian. If you want to test things and fear he will die, just put the gen in your weapon and quickly swap before he dies.

"
perrovlad wrote:
That's a nice guardian.

If the volatile mob monster can deal 30k~ damage to my guardian trough his 75% resists, then well he goddamn deserves to kill it.
Last edited by deathspenalty on Sep 2, 2016, 5:49:07 AM
I usually spent 10+ chaos on my full support guardian's animated guardian, with extra minion life gem, (leer cast, dying breath and the rest nice rares). And even with that, the 3 supper buffed purities, discipline + guardian extra es, determination + guardian extra armor, vitality + shaper's seed, enemies cursed with enfeeble and temporal chains, grace and haste; my animated guardian always found a way to get killed from 100 to 0 before i could even say "remove gem!". He wasn't a weapon swap away because my support guardian thight gem slots, but even then, when he died, he died really quick.

I think only one time volatile blood did the job, but most of the time it was just that my guardian was too brave for this cruel world.
"
perrovlad wrote:
I usually spent 10+ chaos on my full support guardian's animated guardian, with extra minion life gem, (leer cast, dying breath and the rest nice rares). And even with that, the 3 supper buffed purities, discipline + guardian extra es, determination + guardian extra armor, vitality + shaper's seed, enemies cursed with enfeeble and temporal chains, grace and haste; my animated guardian always found a way to get killed from 100 to 0 before i could even say "remove gem!". He wasn't a weapon swap away because my support guardian thight gem slots, but even then, when he died, he died really quick.

I think only one time volatile blood did the job, but most of the time it was just that my guardian was too brave for this cruel world.

That is likely because you don't know how to set him up. Leer Cast and Dying Breath are not good defensive items, which is fine, if you make it up with the other pieces. But you gotta know which pieces are good for him, it isn't the same as your own setup.

Think of how you would build your character if you had 20k to 30k life. It won't be the same setup as how you build your character currently. Frankly speaking Animate Guardian is nearly invincible when built correctly. Even bosses like Map Piety cannot move his life bar below 90%.

Discipline and 3 purities increases Guardian's survivability by a miniscule amount, so little that you won't notice. Determination also does very little, unless you are telling me you have a 4k armor chest and 2k armor shield. Even so, Grace would have been more useful. Heck, Grace alone would have trumped the 5 auras you just mentioned.

The last 2 auras, Vitality and Shaper's Seed does boost his survivability.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
perrovlad wrote:

That is likely because you don't know how to set him up. Leer Cast and Dying Breath are not good defensive items, which is fine, if you make it up with the other pieces. But you gotta know which pieces are good for him, it isn't the same as your own setup.

Think of how you would build your character if you had 20k to 30k life. It won't be the same setup as how you build your character currently. Frankly speaking Animate Guardian is nearly invincible when built correctly. Even bosses like Map Piety cannot move his life bar below 90%.

Discipline and 3 purities increases Guardian's survivability by a miniscule amount, so little that you won't notice. Determination also does very little, unless you are telling me you have a 4k armor chest and 2k armor shield. Even so, Grace would have been more useful. Heck, Grace alone would have trumped the 5 auras you just mentioned.

The last 2 auras, Vitality and Shaper's Seed does boost his survivability.

I've to disagree. To put thing in perspective, i was pushing tier 10-14 yellow maps in the 2 week perandus race. My guardian didn't have shavs and i was using solaris lorica, also alpha's howl, the shield with blood magic. I have like 5k es with the armor solaris lorica provides and the little ES i could squeeze in in my gloves, weapon, and boots and i died very few times, 3 i think(yeah, softcore scrub). But my guardian died quite often, like every 10 maps from crazy bursts of damage. There was some perandus strongboxes craziness involved, but not all the time. And yes, the rares were ok. High armor/life with some resists and ES or evasion when possible.

Also, 3 purities not only allows you to cap your resists, but also raises your maximum resistances, so my guardian was sitting, if i remember correctly, at 82% all resists and way over capped in case of some resist penetration shenanigans. And also determination and discipline are very noticeable boosts to survability, even for characters without any increased es or armor, specially when you factor the base armor that guardian gives you end up with, at least, a perma granite flask if you have 0 armor in your gear.

No matter how tanky you think your animated guardian is, PoE will always find a way to whack him.
And you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info