[2.4] Cospri's Malice Double Triggers [Assassin, Theorycraft]

This is a build idea I've come up with today as a way to use the upcoming sword Cospri's Malice.

Here's the basic idea of the build.

1. Scale up the base crit of the weapon using Assassin and Increased Crit Strikes gem. With 6 PC's, the weapon will have a base crit of 10.5.

2. Use Voll's Protector to rapidly generate PC's, one for each enemy we hit with a crit strike.

So what are the cast skills going to be?
1. Discharge (It's a cold skill, lol). This will be mainly lightning damage.
2. Vortex. It has high base damage and enemies within it are chilled, in addition to a nice DoT.
Supported by.... Hypothermia. Since enemies are already chilled, we can use this as a damage bonus without having to drop crit with controlled destruction. Good alternatives include Inc AoE for faster clearing and Conc Effect for bosses.

What's the trigger skill going to be? Probably Cyclone. We can do something like Cyclone + Fortify + Inc Crit + Cast on Crit + another spell. Could be more damage output or a curse.

Auras? Probably looking at Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy and Arctic Armor.
Bandits: Oak, Kraityn/Kill all, Alira/Oak (see below).

The build could also potentially use Voll's Devotion for a DPS and survivability boost, if one was available. In that case a 4th End charge might be useful.

This tree is something I came up with quickly for a life based version at level 88. It might need Vaal Pact. But a CI version is also possible. Maybe even a CI Trickster, but that would need more sword crit on the tree.

But yeah, I'm claiming this build idea for now. :)

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Sep 1, 2016, 4:29:37 PM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 6:13:26 PM
I think you will need accuracy on each equip piece
"
e0gh4n wrote:

That's possible. I've got 82% acc from the tree, plus a flat 500+ or so from dexterity and another flat 130ish from being level 88. Then there's going to be another 30% accuracy from an ice golem.

But with all rings, helmet, and gloves being rares I'm sure there'll be space for an accuracy roll, if it is indeed needed.

It might also be good to cast Discharge on the CoC instead of in the Malice and just cast Glacial Cascade + Vortex there, but I would have to test the build to be able to decide that.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
e0gh4n wrote:

Hinekora's Sight might help (if you're not running Voll's devotion). Huge accuracy and defense plus some stats to meet Malice requirements, assuming the prophecy chain is still in the game.
Last edited by Icaros on Sep 1, 2016, 7:57:47 PM
Well you can use Soul Taker for the chill on melee too...

CI maybe?
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAVCBbUM8g3RDkgPxBCSEQ8RLREvEVARlhXXFr8XsBhdG8gdTx3ZIG4i9CM2JP0mlSepKgsrCiycLL8wcTIyMtE1uTY9OkI7fDwFPV9BlkNURUdFfEqLS3hMs1AwUUdSU1MQVUtVhVZjXGtd8l9qYeJjQ2wLbRltbHBSfIN_xoKbhEiGrohCidOMC4w2jb-P-pMnl5WXl5f0mjuf36KjpcunK6yYrfGus7Q4tMW4yrl8uZO8b8BmwcXC7MMJw23P3dDQ0PXUI9Wm2YbbXt2o44TlGedU6-7r9ewY7LDtPO988YryHfRx99f79f_e
Last edited by OxYmaRRoW on Sep 1, 2016, 8:32:20 PM
"
OxYmaRRoW wrote:

CI maybe?
Spoiler

We'll get chill from the secondary effect of vortex.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
OxYmaRRoW wrote:

CI maybe?
Spoiler

We'll get chill from the secondary effect of vortex.

Yeah but you could drop this gem if you get soul taker...
CI is very possible, though I would do it more like this:
CI tree link

Added Vaal Pact, dropped Acro/Phase Acro (never use these two together), and grabbed a lot more ES clusters. Also dropped recharge cluster cause we won't be needing that with Vaal Pact.

CI Build would need high ES spell shield and a lot of ES gear, ofc.

Auras would be in that case Discipline and Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy to get Life Leech.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Soultaker also elimates the shield slot, costing us a lot of EHP. And Vortex is one of the most powerful Cold Spells in the game ATM.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Soultaker also elimates the shield slot, costing us a lot of EHP. And Vortex is one of the most powerful Cold Spells in the game ATM.

Hmm, thats make sense
But right now your build is life based :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info