Cospri's Malice - Embrace it

"
Outlaw2000 wrote:
UPD: And why Ice Crash has less dmg to stages modifer if target can't take damage 2-nd time?

The skill performs three concetric AoEs, first the small one with no damage penalty, then medium with 15% penalty and the largest with 30%. So, if the target was right next to you it will get hit with most damage by the small AoE and ignore the other two.

It's just the way it works behind the scenes, the wiki doesn't mention it to prevent confusing people. We can think of the skill as dealing one hit that varies in strength depending on distance from the center. The skill is a good allrounder, it does a bit more damage to single target than Sweep but less to big crowds, it does suck as a trigger skill though.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 5, 2016, 10:44:06 AM
When using lacerate to proc cospri's malice, how much attack per second is needed to make full use of it? I assume whatever attacks per second is needed for 1 sword you just need double that for two.
I would like to know as well if dual wielding two cospri's with different gems is better than having something like a dorianys in the offhand.

First time doing a proc build so just reading the patch notes isn't enough for me.
"
Nallrad wrote:
When using lacerate to proc cospri's malice, how much attack per second is needed to make full use of it? I assume whatever attacks per second is needed for 1 sword you just need double that for two.
I would like to know as well if dual wielding two cospri's with different gems is better than having something like a dorianys in the offhand.

First time doing a proc build so just reading the patch notes isn't enough for me.

You need 5 attacks per second to get max procs on 1 and 10 attacks per second with 2.

It's important not to go over 5 and 10 respectively and it's ideal to shoot for slightly under.
Fresh builds all day.
All this talk about the weird usage of cospris malice while it was clearly designed to be a imrpvoement to prenerfed (2.3) Cast on Critical gem.

What this means is the soley purpose of this broken OP weapon is to be used with whirlwind, whirling blades (cause you gotta have the best movement skill), elemental equilibrium, volls protector, voll's devotion and discharge. Enjoy the new meta in 2.5 when Bladevortex is gone and the nerf to cospris malice in 2.6 after the hyptrain started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_O10iROoI&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by zzang on Nov 4, 2016, 6:50:42 AM
"
zzang wrote:

Good to see a Malice setup that doesn't use a Discharge with zero Damage supports in their weapon! That's quite a relief.

But uh.. This setup not only uses amazing gear, it also relies on both Pathfinder and Blade Vortex. "Enjoy the new meta in 2.5 when Bladevortex [and the Pathfinder are] gone[..]". :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 4, 2016, 9:32:20 AM
Hehe sounds like arguments before the CoC nerf in 2.3. BV absolutley not neccessary to keep it on that niveau and yeah since when was the item price a reason to balance around?

I find it strange to call it a relief as of now cospris malice is already meta on par with pure bladevortex but overshadowed by it for now like bv was overshadowed by other builds in 2.3

Try assassin im too lazy to link assassin shaper down on cospris malice here but broken OP cospris malice also will work in case pathfinder will be removed from the game.
Last edited by zzang on Nov 4, 2016, 11:18:18 AM
"
zzang wrote:
BV absolutley not neccessary to keep it on that niveau

Blade Vortex has one goal in that setup: to land tons of Crits. More crits -> more Power charges -> more Endurance charges. It's crucial to improving single-target Damage.

"
zzang wrote:
I find it strange to call it a relief [..]

The 'relief' comment was just a silly in-joke. :P
Explanation
There's a thread in Bug Reports about "Cospri's Malice not leeching" that comes back over and over, and it often gets exhumed over a build that uses Discharge with zero Damage Supports (i.e. they deal shitty Damage and thus their Leech is too trash to be noticable). Hence, it's nice to finally see a Malice build that does use Damage supports, because I never run into those.
anyone know or can test if this can proc ice trap gems...it says skill and not spell
"
dallia wrote:
anyone know or can test if this can proc ice trap gems...it says skill and not spell

It says 'casts socketed cold spells', Ice trap is a spell but you don't cast it, you throw the trap and then it casts the spell.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The weapon has lived a league because it did not had the 250ms cooldownof cast on crit. Now those that still wants to use that mechanic will use the gem with vagans dagger. Rip cospri's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info