Blade Vortex 2.4

Based on some tests I made it seems like Blade Vortex is a bit nerfed for pvp in 2.4 overall.

BV is overpowered in PvP because the PvP formula doesn't account for the duration of the skill. One cast does hit multiple times but the PvP reduction is calculated the same way as other skills which actually hit once. In BV's case you get a huge multiplier based on the duration. BV hits once in every second, and with just the base 5 second duration you can get 5 hits from 1 cast.

BV works as it hits the opponent with all of the stacks on contact basicly instantly, then they repeat every second, kind of like a cooldown. Now that it's maximum stacks will get reduced from 50 to 20, it caps one of the dps components of the skill, as you will be able to hit somebody with less stacks.

Math of Exile - before-after comparsion
I calculated actual dps numbers of BV on one of my characters. The character is lvl85, with decent jewels, very good dps items, decent amount of ES spent on tree, overall a well-rounded, non-glasscannon character.

Links: BV - Spell Echo - Inc Crit Strikes - Phys 2 Light - Conc Effect - varying 6th

For the calculation I am assuming an Inqusitor class, Physical conversion version Vinktar used, Increased Duration support in the 2.3 patch version case, that is required to maintain 40-50 stacks, and a Controlled descrution in the 2.4 patch version, where less duration is enough to reach the 20 stack cap, so that support can be spent on more damage.

With the 5L I have the following tooltip numbers:
1071-1808 Lightning damage
209-312 Physical damage
5.43 casts per second
86.67% CC
469% CM

With PvP damage reduction it deals an average of:

2.3: 1143 damage per hit, so with 50 stacks a total of 57150 damage in one burst

2.4: 1894 damage per hit, so with 20 stacks a total of 37880 damage in one burst

For the 2.4 patch's calculation I applied the 63% more damage multiplier and a 45% more multiplier accounting for a support gem change from duration to controlled destruction.

The calculation doesn't account from the damage from Shock.

The current meta sometimes relies on oneshotting your opponent, or otherwise you can't kill them, and with this change BV lost some of this oneshot potential.

TLDR: BV's power comes from the stacks it maintains at the same time, that gets reduced from 50 to 20, and the damage buff GGG tries to compensate it in pve is less significant in PvP.

This still does not account for the fact that we are receiving an anti-crit chest which further helps against BV.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Aug 31, 2016, 6:23:23 PM
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2016, 6:11:15 AM
I hope you're right man.

Thanks for this as always, sir!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
isnt this patch what we've been expecting since long time? I think everything about it is so amazing.

All we have to do is making HoT fixed. Ahfack, get into action, record Hide's gameplay. Send it to reddit, let's make people see the funny and broken shit we are going through.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I'm on it, sir. ;)
i dont even see a reason to justify ''go on ahfack, do it'' attitude of mine there. you know you are the businessmen of poe pvp scene. you are doing it best and you have responsibilities. you can't just sit on your ass and expect everything will be perfect. just do it.

^_^
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 1, 2016, 1:48:13 AM
Exactly! Thanks for the kind words. All of this going hard politically shit I've done since the last week of perandus has really been a dying grasp. I was at that point where I was about to just delete character with everything on it (semi-metaphorically), but decided I had to try EVERYTHING possible. I had never recorded any gaming my entire life until the end of perandus.

The reason I installed OBS is hilarious, too. This WB SRS guy we all know and dislike reported me, saying I was using an autoaimer because I was owning him in sarn so hard he couldn't believe it. So I recorded everything and uploaded it unlisted, and sent him the link on the forum. Ofc he reported that message too. :)

Last edited by Ahfack on Sep 1, 2016, 2:12:09 AM
It's funny, Hide tried convincing me that HoT wasn't broken because of all the effort he had to put into it and shit, don't remember much else of what he said, and I don't much give a shit to be honest. But he certainly likes to stroke his ego when he's in arena and gets offended if you say anything that questions him, that's for fucking sure.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
It's funny, Hide tried convincing me that HoT wasn't broken because of all the effort he had to put into it and shit, don't remember much else of what he said, and I don't much give a shit to be honest. But he certainly likes to stroke his ego when he's in arena and gets offended if you say anything that questions him, that's for fucking sure.

yea when I told hide once Hot is broken, he told me just to get skills and probably I suck.
Meanwhile he camp in middle of sarn to get speed boost so he can one shot people just running around. Such talent.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 1, 2016, 2:12:02 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

yea when I told hide once Hot is broken, he told me just to get skills and probably I suck.
Meanwhile he camp in middle of sarn to get speed boost so he can one shot people just running around. Such talent.

He says I'm unoriginal and didn't have to think my build through on bear trap because he dies to them before he can get to me.

But then he has the balls to say his build is only good because of how much thought and investment he put into it? He doesn't even have to press buttons to insta kill people.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I see he is being annoying with other people too, I'm glad I have him on ignore basically since I first met him : )
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 1, 2016, 7:12:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info