[2.5] Essence Drain Build Options (HC Uber Atziri/Shaper Viable)

Tried ED, now it is so hard to decide whether to go ED or SRS. :)
didnt found a explanation why u should consider playin ed on shadow instead of witch ? sb able to explain in depth and is it even t10+ viable ?
"
endora91 wrote:
didnt found a explanation why u should consider playin ed on shadow instead of witch ? sb able to explain in depth and is it even t10+ viable ?

There is video guide playlist on top of the post.
THIS

"
endora91 wrote:

Going Occultist ED will give more dps than the trickster version due to the -chaos res node you can take. Other than that, Occultists will regen more after killing packs, have lower base ES, and have built in Abyssal Cry. Many people dislike the explosions, as it stops Essence Drain from spreading.

With Trickster you regen more hp while killing packs (not after), you have higher base ES and evasion, free frenzy charges. Trickster will probably give the highest tooltip dps (not real dps).

Even the budget version of ED (Life based, 5 link) can clear pretty much all content. When you start getting lvl 20 or 21 gems, a 6L and start looking at Low Life, T15 becomes easy.
"
endora91 wrote:

Trickster gets faster clearspeed due to the attack/cast combo and frenzy charges, Occultist is a better boss killer. Keep in mind that the only two fights in the game I'd consider Occultist to be better at (2.3) is Core and Uber Atziri. If you have no intentions of those two fights Trickster is a stand out winner. Often people talk about the higher %ES offered by occultist but it is negated by the frenzy generation (no need for Blooddance) and the mana regen (I sustained a 6link 21 skill gem without a mana node) The only time I used mana (potion form) was uber lab.

"
Asag wrote:
Is life version (not sure yet about class/ascendancy) much weaker than LL? I will not play that much in essence league and will not afford probably Shavs.

Weaker yes, but not in a meaningful way. I started clearing T15's as life and I didnt' spec into low life until 90. LL is better, but not needed at all, simply in Hardcore LL and CI total life pool is amazing

"
Rorshax wrote:
Hi whats happening with Wither and spell totem... patch notes changed wither mechanics.

You can spell totem channel skills, you are fine
I'm going to play life-based ED as season starter. I know from what I saw in the video compendium, Trickster is the best choice for low-life based build. But I'm not sure about the life-based one, to be honest.

What do you think?
Last edited by uit on Sep 1, 2016, 9:59:59 PM
"
uit wrote:
I'm going to play life-based ED as season starter. I know from what I saw in the video compendium, Trickster is the best choice for low-life based build. But I'm not sure about the life-based one, to be honest.

What do you think?

If you wanted to invest into Cospri's Will I would end up doing a Champion, other then that still trickster
excuse me, maybe it has been discussed already. but I do not understand English very well, and maybe it has missed. what's better ocultist or trickster? and why? can I play in party of this build?
Last edited by Lime_1 on Sep 2, 2016, 4:17:48 AM
Thanks PT for excelent video tutorial.

My question is. For Low Life version do you need Shavronne's Wrappings armour, or 75% of chaos resistance would be enough for T15 Atlas of Worlds content?

"
Swiech wrote:
Thanks PT for excelent video tutorial.

My question is. For Low Life version do you need Shavronne's Wrappings armour, or 75% of chaos resistance would be enough for T15 Atlas of Worlds content?

The shav is a must for any serious low life build, just play CI until you can afford one its ok.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info