[2.4] throw them spears - cold crit inquisitor

so with the conflux nerf and a huge buff to ice spear (new meta) i think that op no pants inquisitor would do just fine next patch.

Im thinking going mad crit on ice spear, so here is a rough draft of the tree:

other things:
maybe using both ring slots with new snakepit ring (+1 spell proj, cold dmg, cast speed)
pledge of hands, maybe
hrimburn gloves - for the burning dmg from cold (duh... Ice, ice baby...burn?)
Atziri's Acuity - for all the madcatz that will have the currency or balls to farm it. this should in theory resolve the reflect 1shot issue ;)

setup:
Ice spear - lmp/gmp - faster casting/echo - controlled destruction - increase crit chance - increase crit damage

for single target (for all the lazy people like me who dont want to swap gems around):
Ice spear - echo/FC - controlled destruction - increase crit damage
- you want to hit with the second stage to get that 600% increase crit chance.

other option for the 6th link - chain, ele prolif, added chaos

bandits:
life - cast speed/point - power charge/point

armor/es gear

what you guys think ??
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Sep 2, 2016, 4:01:11 AM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2016, 3:59:39 AM
Why use controlled destruction and coldpen? You have 100% pen on a crit.
IGN: Raskary
"
Raskary wrote:
Why use controlled destruction and coldpen? You have 100% pen on a crit.

good point with coldpen... just so used to use a "ele" pen support with caster build i didnt even think about it.

controlled destruction is a 44% more spell dmg at lvl 20. that 100% reduced crit chance is almost meaningless. you can still get ur crit to 90% eazy

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Sep 1, 2016, 11:43:34 AM
What do you got against reflect?
"

he face's it like a majestic bearded man
Last edited by Ovelhaa on Aug 31, 2016, 3:22:41 PM
Looks exceptionally squishy but might work in standard I have no idea.

I made this tree for hardcore as a league starter or second build. Plan to use hrimburn gloves for full burn and Realm ender staff for the bonus gem levels and staff crit nodes and 15%more dmg from cold to fire. I believe 50% cold dmg will be enough for reliable freezes with the insane single hit dmg and there is no need to focus on a single element with inquisitor.

Rest of gear can be literally anything. Prolif + Hoi will obliterate packs.

Tree is 228% life crit capped second form with only 50% more crit chance from gear and controlled destruction. No need for power charges as i'm too lazy to use them on a build like this and really don't want to get close to monsters for charge shenanigans.

5L Setup will be: Increased Critical Strikes, Controlled Destruction, Faster Casting, Elemental Proliferation/Added Lightning or increased critical damage for bosses.

Will probably run heralds of ice and thunder with autocursing assassin's mark with clarity, aa, or nothing and a mana pot depending on how things go.

Eventually upgrading to a 6l +1 +2 cold staff would be idea and allow for longer freezes and still full burn with hrimburn.

2 of the new Rings would probably be bis and likely allow dropping proliferation but I have a feeling they are going to be very pricey atleast early on especially in hardcore.
Last edited by FishFlavored_Muffsauce on Aug 31, 2016, 11:11:17 PM
thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated it

Its interesting to see that many other people think about the build like this.

@FishFlavored_Muffsauce

I haven't think about hrimburn gloves, but yeah they could be interesting to use for the cold to fire damage and burning. the realm ender staff is really nice (i though about about a stuff build too as there are some nice crit noted above Templar area that you take :D )

My build is just a draft, its not polished at all and im aware that in this form it will be very squishy indeed. It will have to get reworked to get more life from the tree, but as I pay SC im aming for about 4k and maybe 2k es from hybrid gear.

the power charges are a pain in the ass, i know, but the silly crit chance and addtional 24% increase to spell damage is nice ;). I do agree tho, that they are no mandatory and a good crit build can be done without them.

@Ovelhaa

thanks for sharing the build :)

@Lekert

"
Lekert wrote:
"

he face's it like a majestic bearded man

this made me chuckle so much :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I now made some changes to my build in main post as well as gem selection :)

keep the ideas coming guys.

lets make ice spear great again !

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Sep 1, 2016, 3:55:31 AM
According to POE Wiki :

In the first form Ice Spear doesn't Fork Support or Chain Support but in the second form it does and stays at the second form after it.

Keep that in mind :)
"
vakbrain wrote:
According to POE Wiki :

In the first form Ice Spear doesn't Fork Support or Chain Support but in the second form it does and stays at the second form after it.

Keep that in mind :)

ty for info, tho I always was under the impression that if u are a caster and u cast spells at pointblank range (and u dont play melee caster) you doing something wrong

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info