Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.61] 3.0 Builds and new supports!

Testing item-creation now!

1) Can't add accuracy on gloves/helm. (works with rings tho)
2) Well, some basic types are missing - like resist amulet (But since its called templates, I guess you just added those you though are most used, right?)
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Sep 1, 2016 12:34:00 PM
Lightning Tendrils dmg info is for 1 hit - but spell itself hits 4 times for one cast (so dps calculation is caunting just 1/4 of it)

Also just.. bump.. your builder is really cool :D
Looking foward to this! Keep up the good work, looks promising.
It's a cool offline planner, but since i don't want to import something from ingame, i'm missing jewel templates.
"
After update problem: Tree tab, bottom buttons doesnt work, search neither.

Fixed now, sorry about that.

I'll add accuracy to more of the templates, good suggestion! There aren't any resist amulets in the game though (aside from Star of Wraeclast's base, but that can't exist in rare form).

The issue with Lightning Tendrils is shared with all skills that don't have a 1:1 mapping between hit damage and DPS; some of them like Ball Lightning would be a pain to fix but Lightning Tendrils is easy enough, I'll go ahead and fix that now.

Thanks for the feedback!

"
Completed 21 ChallengesAbelarde wrote:
It's a cool offline planner, but since i don't want to import something from ingame, i'm missing jewel templates.

I've been hesitant to add jewel templates since the list of possible modifiers is absolutely gargantuan; I'd most likely need to tweak the UI to accommodate them. To be fair, it is a pretty glaring omission given how comprehensive the templates are otherwise.

That being said, these is way to add custom jewels (or other items) to the program, but it's a little inconvenient. If you make something like this:

Rarity: Rare
Custom Jewel Name
Crimson Jewel
5% increased maximum Life
14% increased Physical Damage with Axes
4% increased Attack Speed

And copy and paste that into the program, it will create an item from it.
Last edited by Openarl on Sep 1, 2016 9:12:03 PM
Okay, not getting any bugs this time so have been able to test a bit!

I love the concept of a proper, all-inclusive build planner and I think this is already pretty close. Most things seem to work pretty well.

The right half of the calculations tab is pretty opaque right now. Would it be possible to actually show some of the calculations being done? I'm not quite sure I trust them, but it depends on exactly what is being factored in. In a similar vein, I'm not sure the idea of penetration being factored in by default is that great an idea, because it might mislead people. Definitely have it as an option though.

Low life doesn't seem to be supported - allocating Pain Attunement when I've set up an aura reserving 75% of my life doesn't increase the damage numbers.

Attack speed isn't an option on the spell damage dagger. Whirling Blades yo!

On the QoL side, a lot of actions feel inefficient. The slightly awkward gem-adding system seems like it's been covered already, but other things are similar. For example, to add a random unique item to your build, you have to type in the search bar, double click the item, click add, then go to the appropriate dropdown for your gear and select it. Can't you just click it from the search field and have it instantly added to your character and equipped? Or when you click the import build button, the text field isn't highlighted. Little things that make the whole program feel a bit clunky right now.

Great work though, this is going to be very very useful.
Have you done something awesome with Sire of Shards? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 1, 2016 9:55:58 PM
"
Completed 36 Challengesviperesque wrote:
The right half of the calculations tab is pretty opaque right now. Would it be possible to actually show some of the calculations being done? I'm not quite sure I trust them, but it depends on exactly what is being factored in. In a similar vein, I'm not sure the idea of penetration being factored in by default is that great an idea, because it might mislead people. Definitely have it as an option though.

The calculations tab currently just shows the inputs and outputs of the calculation code, which itself is fairly opaque (and hideously complicated!). Given how that code is designed, there's no simple way of summarising the various calcuations that it is performing, but I agree it'd be a neat feature.
Regarding penetration/curses/etc being on by default, being able to calculate effective DPS (and not just tooltip DPS) is one of the program's major features so I feel it should be on by default. I should really explain that within the program though, and also explain the difference between the different modes in the Calcs tab (Unbuffed = Tooltip DPS out of combat, Buffed = Tooltip DPS in combat, Effective = ... Effective!)

"
Completed 36 Challengesviperesque wrote:
Low life doesn't seem to be supported - allocating Pain Attunement when I've set up an aura reserving 75% of my life doesn't increase the damage numbers.

Low life is supported, but for technical reasons the program currently can't automatically determine the low life state from your life reservation, so instead there's a low life toggle in the Calcs tab (under the Conditions header). It's something I'd like to eventually fix though.

"
Completed 36 Challengesviperesque wrote:
Attack speed isn't an option on the spell damage dagger. Whirling Blades yo!

Good suggestion; that's in the next update.

"
Completed 36 Challengesviperesque wrote:
On the QoL side, a lot of actions feel inefficient. The slightly awkward gem-adding system seems like it's been covered already, but other things are similar. For example, to add a random unique item to your build, you have to type in the search bar, double click the item, click add, then go to the appropriate dropdown for your gear and select it. Can't you just click it from the search field and have it instantly added to your character and equipped? Or when you click the import build button, the text field isn't highlighted. Little things that make the whole program feel a bit clunky right now.

The next update will address some of these:
* Items now autoequip when added to a build if there's nothing equipped in the item's slot
* You still need to click "Add to build" first because there needs to be the option to examine an item without immediately adding it (for example, to play with the modifier ranges or look at legacy variants.)
* The text fields in the tree import and export popups are now automatically focused

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it!
Is here any chance this could be released for Mac?
"
Completed 36 ChallengesOpenarl wrote:
* You still need to click "Add to build" first because there needs to be the option to examine an item without immediately adding it (for example, to play with the modifier ranges or look at legacy variants.)

Why? On that note, can't this just work on the fly rather than having to save changes?

Thanks/fair enough for everything else.

Can you include a "what you lose if you remove this item" for all gear? Seems to only exist for jewels and swapping items right now.
Have you done something awesome with Sire of Shards? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thank you for fast updates Openarl! This tool is better and better every hour.

Please consider adding some things:
1) link to this thread inside the application (maybe next to Update button), for making us able to quickly let you know about the bug/idea
2) a question for saving changes before quitting ("You have unsaved changes, do you want to save? [Save and quit] [Don't save and quit] [Cancel]")
3) adding a STR DEX and INT to the tree summary (quite important information for gems)
4) adding CTRL+click to Items/Equipped items, and Items/All items, which would automatically more the chosen item from all items to equipped items and vice versa (without the need to drag and drop). A description of this possibility at the right (where there's an info about what double click do would be great too)
5) at the skills tab, add a colours to the gem/support gems. It is coloured when you hover, would be great if the colour would also be implemented at this right part where you can create a skill and add the supports

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info