Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hey, just a small bug.

When building a Guardian tree the tool does not seem to factor in the current number of aura's being used in conjunction with Unwavering Faith in regards to life regen%. Thanks for an amazing tool
I can't seem to paste in builds from other websites? I don't want to import an already existing character - I want to import a URL from a tree I made on another site.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
gwarlek wrote:
I am just stating the obvious. I didn't say that development should be halted, quite the opposite. But the tool just saved my time on two builds that I was sure would play out. Makes you thinking.

Also calling it now, soon most build guides would lead to pastebin.com with the code for passive tree and gear.

How does knowing dps numbers determine if a build is viable enough? DPS is meaningless unless youre comparing the same skill family.

It's not (only) about knowing DPS number. What makes me think the tool will have severe implications on the game is the ability to quickly and efficiently prototype builds without even logging into the game. At the time you don't level your characters, don't generate items, consume currency or participate in the economy. Trying and failing at new builds is currently a big part of the game for many people. Not very enjoyable most of the time, but necessary part.

Maybe I am taking it too far, but that's why my crystal sphere is showing.
Last edited by gwarlek on Dec 1, 2016, 2:11:20 AM
Hi there,
Just started using this, great tool.
Small bug/quirk:
I noticed that Reduced Mana Cost nodes on the tree display the cost reduction in red text in the tooltip, implying that it's a penalty rather than a positive, ex: Dynamo and Tireless.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Probably others that have commented on it, but with multiple monitors and the program being too wide (because I have tilted monitors 90 degrees) the UI messes up and second monitor starts duplicating parts of the other UI

http://imgur.com/a/Qwons
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Last edited by cryptc on Dec 1, 2016, 2:29:52 AM
"
gwarlek wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
gwarlek wrote:
I am just stating the obvious. I didn't say that development should be halted, quite the opposite. But the tool just saved my time on two builds that I was sure would play out. Makes you thinking.

Also calling it now, soon most build guides would lead to pastebin.com with the code for passive tree and gear.

How does knowing dps numbers determine if a build is viable enough? DPS is meaningless unless youre comparing the same skill family.

It's not (only) about knowing DPS number. What makes me think the tool will have severe implications on the game is the ability to quickly and efficiently prototype builds without even logging into the game. At the time you don't level your characters, don't generate items, consume currency or participate in the economy. Trying and failing at new builds is currently a big part of the game for many people. Not very enjoyable most of the time, but necessary part.

Maybe I am taking it too far, but that's why my crystal sphere is showing.

The determinant if a build can fail or succeed can not be done with this tool alone. The single most important aspect of a build is how well it can or cant clear maps and a number with in game testing or a reference point is meaningless. You're going to tell me because you punched in a value of 14,000 damage per second with a LA build its going to be enough to tell you if its viable? You're going to tell me that some arbitrary defensive metric like 5600 life and acrobatics is enough to get a feel of actual survival-ability without in game testing on a wide array of maps?

What this tool does is allow you to min max to the sky without blowing 300 exalts on a mirrored gear piece with minimal gain.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Wow I just discovered PoB. There's been a few things that I really missed in other tools. The calculation of a grand total to damage increase is just super conveniant. Also the damage conversion implemented really help's a LOT for building around double dipping.

There seems to be a bug when calculating a specific dps setup though. Take This skill tree for example. Disregard that it's probably completely glasscannon. I tried a concept.

The concept is Wings of Entropy Spectral Throw, picking a lot of Dual wield and 2H nodes as well as Projectile and Phys Damage. Also I picked some Axe nodes.

When I toggle "Two Handed" in the Pseudo Attributes Settings the total Damage increased Percentage doesn't change. The 2H Nodes don't seem to be regarded. Could you check that?

Anyway, big thumbs up! :)
That is not an avatar, that's how I really looked when I wrote this post!
I just found this from the post on reddit and it's absolutely amazing! I've always loved theorycrafting but I never had the tools that your tool provides. Seriously this is amazing, thank you so much for making and maintaining the tool.

I do have one suggestion for an improvement. In the calcs section it lists each damage type separately and I thought it would be nice if it also showed the percentage of total damage for each element. I made a quick mockup of what I mean:

There's plenty of space in the UI already so you don't really have to move anything around. Cheers!
Is there a possibility to run "Path of Building.exe" either without elevated privilleges (admin account) or without connecting to the internet?

The domain policy that's enforced on the machine I'm trying to run PoB on provides two accounts per user, one main account witout admin privilleges that can connect to the internet and one personal mainteneance account with admin privilleges that connot connect to the internet. Connectivity restrictions are managed via proxy and not on the system. It is also not possible to temporarily grant admin privilleges to the account that get's let through the proxy.

TL:DR; I need it to run either w/o admin account or w/o internet.
That is not an avatar, that's how I really looked when I wrote this post!
This program is absolutely amazing and a must have for any serious PoE min-maxer. I no longer use any other skill tree editors. Thank you so much for updating/fixing bugs so frequently as well. You have made PoE much better for me.
[User Social Credit Score: 596]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info