Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hello Openarl,

Thanks again for the great work on Path of Building. I'd like to suggest an option for default quality on new gems added to the skills section. I prefer to see what my build is capable of on good funding so it'd be a nice QoL feature to have the gems start at 20/20 as a baseline instead of 20/0.
IGN: Sudoku
I love the improvements to quality of life on this program!
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jun 25, 2017, 7:58:47 PM
maim support gem
deal 10% more phy dmg
but cannt support “Bear Trap”
Hi there,

awesome Tool you are producing, keep it up!

Any chance we can get the "Touch of God" Skill from Doryani's Fist in the Planner?

I would love to play around with it in your program :)

cheers
"
kompaniet wrote:
the program simply does not seem to work under windows 10.
i let it update to the latest version that did not help.

i also uninstalled it and went to github and downloaded the program and reinstalled it but no difference.

the issue i have is that everything inside the program is like a slideshow. all buttons have severe latency. even mousing over buttons take a second or two until they light up.

windows is reporting that the program is not compatible.

it was working normally until i updated it a while ago. that's when everything started going downhill.
The program works perfectly for the vast majority of users on Windows 10, so it's not the OS that's the problem. I'd suggest updating your graphics drivers, as they're often the cause of this issue.

"
soundee wrote:
Hello Openarl,

Thanks again for the great work on Path of Building. I'd like to suggest an option for default quality on new gems added to the skills section. I prefer to see what my build is capable of on good funding so it'd be a nice QoL feature to have the gems start at 20/20 as a baseline instead of 20/0.
Well I am on a bit of a QoL bender at the moment, so I'll give it some thought once I get around to the Skills tab (which is probably quite soon).

"
5165975416 wrote:
maim support gem
deal 10% more phy dmg
but cannt support “Bear Trap”
Maim can only support attacks, and Bear Trap is not an attack.

"
derriesen wrote:
Hi there,

awesome Tool you are producing, keep it up!

Any chance we can get the "Touch of God" Skill from Doryani's Fist in the Planner?

I would love to play around with it in your program :)

cheers
I've had a look at the data for that skill in the current beta version, and there's all sorts of oddities. For example, the data used to determine support gem compatibility seems incomplete, so I'm not sure what's actually meant to work with it; as it is, none of the melee support gems can work with it, even though it's supposedly a melee skill. So I'm not comfortable enabling that skill just yet, given how incomplete it is.
"
I've had a look at the data for that skill in the current beta version, and there's all sorts of oddities. For example, the data used to determine support gem compatibility seems incomplete, so I'm not sure what's actually meant to work with it; as it is, none of the melee support gems can work with it, even though it's supposedly a melee skill. So I'm not comfortable enabling that skill just yet, given how incomplete it is.

Oh ok, can totally understand that!

Looking forward to toying around with it once there is more reliable information present.

thanks for the reply
Hi dude,

thanks for that awesome too first of all.

Then, I was looking for a FAQ section here but couldn´t find one. So you might hear this question for the 10th or 100th time... can´t imagine to read through 140 pages of content here though ;)

What´s the reason for the totally "wrong" (or different at least!) DPS numbers while all other info seems right?
If I import my Spark Inquisitor, your tool shows me an average hit of around 20.000 and a DPS of more than 100k. Without any buffs.

Ingame under the same conditions my tooltip only shows me around 70k dps. Fully buffed my Spark dps shows around 150k ingame and almost 400k dps in path of building.

So either the tooltips ingame are totally broken (I remember tooltips have never been right in PoE) or the calculation in PoB is completely off.

EDIT: Problem solved, thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by IamLoco on Jun 28, 2017, 11:00:00 AM
So I have a consistent problem. I install PoB, use it for a day. Log into my computer the next day go to open it, the original loading screen (green background) comes up, it opens up the tool, but goes to just a white screen. I've tried everything I can think of on my end, wondering if there is something I'm missing. I need to re-install it, any time I want to use it.
I am currently looking at fixing up my build and I use BF and hrimsorrow gloves (50% physical damage converted to cold). I am confused why when I replace them with something like spiked gloves that add 20% melee damage + some other rolls I lose a ton of DPS? I would understand if the cold damage was added as extra damage but it is not. Is this a bug?

Note: my account is public if you want to test yourself using my character Semita_Tenebris
"
IamLoco wrote:
Hi dude,

thanks for that awesome too first of all.

Then, I was looking for a FAQ section here but couldn´t find one. So you might hear this question for the 10th or 100th time... can´t imagine to read through 140 pages of content here though ;)

What´s the reason for the totally "wrong" (or different at least!) DPS numbers while all other info seems right?
If I import my Spark Inquisitor, your tool shows me an average hit of around 20.000 and a DPS of more than 100k. Without any buffs.

Ingame under the same conditions my tooltip only shows me around 50k dps. Fully buffed my Spark dps shows around 150k ingame and almost 400k dps in path of building.

So either the tooltips ingame are totally broken (I remember tooltips have never been right in PoE) or the calculation in PoB is completely off.
I'm struggling to figure out how you managed to get 400k in PoB with that build; I imported your character and am getting ~150k with buffs on (assuming I've configured the build correctly). Perhaps you didn't import the character correctly?

"
Ojntoast wrote:
So I have a consistent problem. I install PoB, use it for a day. Log into my computer the next day go to open it, the original loading screen (green background) comes up, it opens up the tool, but goes to just a white screen. I've tried everything I can think of on my end, wondering if there is something I'm missing. I need to re-install it, any time I want to use it.
If you're using multiple monitors, there's a known issue that causes the program to crash when launching on a non-primary monitor on certain systems.

"
Furor_Dei wrote:
I am currently looking at fixing up my build and I use BF and hrimsorrow gloves (50% physical damage converted to cold). I am confused why when I replace them with something like spiked gloves that add 20% melee damage + some other rolls I lose a ton of DPS? I would understand if the cold damage was added as extra damage but it is not. Is this a bug?
If you're losing that much DPS then it's likely that you have some Elemental Damage modifiers somewhere, which will apply to a smaller portion of your damage once Hrimsorrow is taken off. When I imported your character there weren't enough of those to cause any DPS loss; did you swap in Weapon Elemental Damage Support by any chance? Because that'd do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info