[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
NK_Artega wrote:
Nice build overall, always wanted to see a fun & endgame viable Freeze Pulser which not only rely on spammy crits.

+1 for that.

Nevertheless, I'd have four suggestions for the passive skill tree:

1.) I don't like the Soul Siphon nodes in the Shadow area. Personally I'd go with the Dreamer nodes next to the Scion ES wheel. mana regen + 2% more max mana for 2 points are almost unbeatable. Additionally, you can go a more rewarding pathing through Fangs of the Viper (5% movespeed, 20 Dex) into Coordination (6% Castspeed, 10 Int + 10 Dex).

2.) I don't agree with filling up the Scion ES wheel. Instead I'd specc into Harrier (Attackspeed for Whirling Blades, Castspeed, Movespeed). On top of that you get access to another Jewel socket.
For additional ES I would specc into Void Barrier. Although it gives less % ES for 4 Passive skill points I feel like the 8% all resist & the Evasion being a more flexible pick.

3.) The Alchemist flask nodes in the witch area are really strong, especially since you use a lot of flasks with Inc. Duration Prefix in your flask setup. I often see them being foregone but they're truly underrated imo.

4.) Since you use Vaal Lightning Trap against Bosses don't you think it might be worth picking up the power charge next to the Alchemist wheel & swap Herald of Ice with Herald of Thunder? Also, 4% per PC might be worth against bosses with this tweak, especially as a crit-based build.

Thanks! About your suggestions:

1) From Trickery you need 7 points to reach Vaal Pact. I pick Soul Siphon just for that. If you go from Scion area, you need 7 points too, and additionally 3 more to reach Dreamer.

1bis) If I take Fangs of Viper then I spend 6 points to reach Vaal Pact but lose not only Coordination but Soul Siphon too.

2) Going this way means that you need the 7 points to reach Vaal Pact and again depends on choice on 1). And still, I prefer full ES than some Evasion.

3) Interesting, but you need that extra 3 points and you need to lose something in exchange.

4) Against bosses, you cannot generate PC, so I rely on Diamond Flask. HoT have the same issue than HoI, you need a kill for the hit that spread the curses.

Overall, I understand that you need more passives for the choices you made on tree. Maybe you can link a level 90 tree so we can compare both.
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
what u think of using new jewel The Green Dream (or The Green Nightmare)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Dream

+5% chaos dmg and generating Frenzy Charges!

Just maybe the only one place for it on tree is only near Frost Walker.
But those 15% chance is rather solid - at least it doesnt even need a cursed monster (i mean our Assasins mark and Warlords mark).

P.S. I also have Conduit on tree, so now i generate alll kinds of charges for party. Power and Endurance from Assassin Mark and Warlord Mark. And Frenzy from this jewel.

This is actually pretty amazing idea, i was trying to generate frenzy charges from the beginnig, but every "old way" needed just too much sacrifice. Testing this setup now, and 15% is more then enough (most of time i have full frenzy charges faster then power). And that 5% EXTRA damage actually buffed the dps a little bit, even if i lost one damage jewell.

"
mas_mariano wrote:
I personally feel that you get all the leech you need while clearing maps from HoI setup thanks to WM. Plus, you can just exchange it with Blasphemy + WM against bosses as I stated on post. And losing Discipline seems to me a big loss.

You don't loose discipline though, you only drop clarity. And Discipline get's buffed.
Last edited by Thewarguy on Dec 26, 2016, 9:56:52 AM
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
I personally feel that you get all the leech you need while clearing maps from HoI setup thanks to WM. Plus, you can just exchange it with Blasphemy + WM against bosses as I stated on post. And losing Discipline seems to me a big loss.

You don't loose discipline though, you only drop clarity. And Discipline get's buffed.

6% mana reserve is not enough, you will only have mana for 1 cast.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:

6% mana reserve is not enough, you will only have mana for 1 cast.

It's 14%, look at the two nodes before it. Did the mana calc, I'll have about 200 mana.
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:

It's 14%, look at the two nodes before it. Did the mana calc, I'll have about 200 mana.

Well, i didnt even thought you'd sacrifice another point for that. But that means the ES shield lost will be huge (like 700+).

I'm testing something else instead - just get rid of HoI at all, and take power charge on crit gem instead. Its of course huge DPS drop in 6L, but i already had way more DPS then needed (at least for the content in T13-14 maps). And i can now be sure to always have full power/frenzy/endurance charges, no matter what. Already tried first three breach lords with it, and its huge difference in terms of survival... at least for my playstyle.
Or better idea - 2nd chayula gem, The Blue Dream Cobalt Jewel, in the slot right of Nullification. Its only 8% power charge on kill (sadly there is no better place anywhere), but so far so good! :-)
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:

Well, i didnt even thought you'd sacrifice another point for that. But that means the ES shield lost will be huge (like 700+).

I'm testing something else instead - just get rid of HoI at all, and take power charge on crit gem instead. Its of course huge DPS drop in 6L, but i already had way more DPS then needed (at least for the content in T13-14 maps). And i can now be sure to always have full power/frenzy/endurance charges, no matter what. Already tried first three breach lords with it, and its huge difference in terms of survival... at least for my playstyle.

So, I am trying it, and I loose exactly 303 energy shield, so I'm not sure where you get 700+ from, and I will now always leech and don't have to worry about HoI proc or damage, and I can put in arctic breath in my CWDT, for slowed and I have a mana pool of 204 which feels fine, no problems there. But the problem that did come up is the radius on blasphemy is crap, so you have to be in a close range, so if there is a better way to fix that then it might be better than it is.
Last edited by Thewarguy on Dec 26, 2016, 8:26:06 PM
what do you guys think about energy from within jewel? im using this for the socket that op used on the way to the scion es wheel and it seems to catch the half life nodes nicely.

also what do you guys do for single target dps? even though i do 17k with fp, the colonade boss.. i couldnt even take off his shield o.o
Of course is a fine choice, just consider that you need freeze duration on jewels for perma-freeze, but new amulet gives you enough to replace one or two jewels with anything you want.

About your low damage, link your tree/gear if you want that I take a look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info