what is the right level to start with endgame maps ?!

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's marginally less efficient to run maps, oh no.. :p

The problem is the difference is far from marginal, at least in my experience. Dried Lake offers the best density available in the game (barring multiple pack size mods) pretty much all the time. Which means Vaal skills and flasks running all the time. I have a hard time believing you can come anywhere close to that mixing in Dungeons and Deserts even if you don't backtrack at all and simply leave the map once you hit a dead end with 50+ remaining.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's marginally less efficient to run maps, oh no.. :p

The problem is the difference is far from marginal, at least in my experience. Dried Lake offers the best density available in the game (barring multiple pack size mods) pretty much all the time. Which means Vaal skills and flasks running all the time. I have a hard time believing you can come anywhere close to that mixing in Dungeons and Deserts even if you don't backtrack at all and simply leave the map once you hit a dead end with 50+ remaining.

IME even Tropical Island gives less (gem) XP than Dried Lake. Out of the T1 maps probably only Dunes can give better (gem) XP for some builds. But the good maps give more loot if alched. The bad layouts are far worse than Dried Lake for both loot and XP.
With low DPS (see OP) Dried Lake is probably even better because it is easy there to "group" monsters.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zed_ wrote:
bla bla efficiency

huh you'd almost think that's exactly what i don't give a shit about
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
bla bla efficiency

huh you'd almost think that's exactly what i don't give a shit about

Then don't talk about it preferably, especially if you're wrong.

"Wrong"? Get the fuck out of here.

There's a reason I opened that statement with "From my perspective" - it's a perspective about playing the game to taste, rather than being a slave to efficiency. Not everyone wants to just skip as much content as possible, level as fast as possible, look at this awful gray blob all day.
I say it's marginally less efficient because it's generally rather quick to get to tier 5+ Maps, building a map pool that allows you to skip bullshit like Dungeons. Starts out slower, but catches up by virtue of fighting higher-level content.

Yes, it's "more efficient" to just run Dried Lake all fucking day until you're level 75 or whatever. That doesn't make the alternative "wrong", stupid.
The problem is you called it marginally less efficient to run regular maps. It's not. It's somewhere around 30-50% more xp per hour to farm dried lake over any map when your level is less than 78 or so. You wouldn't call a support gem that game 30% more damage a marginal improvement.
At level 78 you would be running tier 6-10. You're really telling me that Dried Lake is going to be up to 50% faster than Strand/Colonnade/Jungle Valley/Canyon/etc, plus the occasional Gorge and Plateau? I respectfully disagree.

Considering it's purely about XP, I would consider a difference of even 25% fairly marginal, yes. Levels are surprisingly unimportant once you hit the requirements for your gear. Ten levels are pretty noticable, sure - but the difference between running Dried Lake all day and running actual Maps is going to be a level or two. That is marginal.
Either way, I don't think the whole thing is an issue if you aren't racing, who cares if you hit level 75 tomorrow instead of today. Can't say I ever managed to whip myself into actually farming it unless there was a reason to, guaranteed stone circle in talisman for example. You're getting at least some variety in maps.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info