Particle Effect Optimisations in 2.4.0

When do the Vincent!!!1!!1!! T-shirts go on sale?
"
Marrond wrote:
It might've been mentioned elsewhere in which case I am sorry for asking it again, but how many cores/threads can PoE make effective use of now? Does performance and stability increases linear with amount of utilized threads?

Sry to lazy to look up the source. Is a post some weeks ago.
Performance should improve around 20-30% with multithreading. The performance doesn't scale linearly with the amount of threads used. It was most beneficial to 4 core cpu's. Stability is a matter of time for them to refine the multithreading not correlated with the amount of threads your cpu offer.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Galadedrid wrote:
This is possibly the first real world instance where my Westmere i7-980X begins to show its age.

I'll wait and see how the SSE implementation works, because thus far going from Gulftown at 4.2GHz with QPI and Triple Channel RAM to a current gen i7 has been an inconsequential upgrade considering the system rebuild involved.

Woof, same boat as you. Never before has my Bloomfield i7-920 missed the train on optimization game. Time will tell how this does effect or not effect my dinosaur quadcore but like you stated a full system overall just ain't worth it yet. Hopefully I see improvements in the multiplayer department otherwise I can run fine solo as is and will likely have to continue to do so.
GGG, please tell me you are paying Vincent what is deserved. He has (maybe) single highhandedly made poe playable for a great number of players.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Great
Great news. This is something game needed for quite some time, just like the lockstep.
"
vtsRunty wrote:
"
Galadedrid wrote:
This is possibly the first real world instance where my Westmere i7-980X begins to show its age.

I'll wait and see how the SSE implementation works, because thus far going from Gulftown at 4.2GHz with QPI and Triple Channel RAM to a current gen i7 has been an inconsequential upgrade considering the system rebuild involved.

Woof, same boat as you. Never before has my Bloomfield i7-920 missed the train on optimization game. Time will tell how this does effect or not effect my dinosaur quadcore but like you stated a full system overall just ain't worth it yet. Hopefully I see improvements in the multiplayer department otherwise I can run fine solo as is and will likely have to continue to do so.

Yup. Just realized my 1st generation i7-930 does not have AVX. But it does have SSE4.2 and that should give me some improvement with this upcoming patch.

I spent a ridiculous amount (compared to today's prices) for my PC 6 years ago (June 21st, 2010 to be exact), buying the best there was for every component. It still runs great to this day. Only thing I've replaced has been the monitor and add secondary hard drives (4TB).

I expect it will still be just fine for a while yet.

i7-930 @ 2.8ghz
6 GB RAM
300 GB 10,000 rpm Barracuda HD
Rampage 2 extreme MB
Giant case with seven 8" cooling fans.
1600W power supply with a lifetime warranty
1300W uninterruptible backup power supply (lasts about 20 minutes when the power goes out)
Two GTX480 with 4GB VRAM each

Bought all that way back then for $4700 CDN
Last edited by Qiox on Aug 28, 2016, 1:03:29 AM
Holy news!!!
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
I think my pants just caught fire.
I also get the drops during high activity moments, and was hoping someone reading this
thread could inform me which of these is a likely culprit, as I lack on the technical side.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

^ Copied from DX Diag.

Regards,
Punkdog.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info