Question : Arctic Armor or Purity of Fire ?

I will build up new EQ character in new patch. I build skill tree some of items gems etc...
I have enough pool to run Purity of Ice , Purity of Lightning , Blasphemy - Vulnerability , Arctic Armor or Purity of Fire.
Also have +1 max fire res from the tree.
I will have 9 endurance charge + Fortify + Chaos Golem.(Jaggernaut Subclass)
So should i run Arctic Armor or Purity of Fire ?
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 6:13:39 AM
Purity of Fire. Resistances gets more effective for each point you stack, so if you already have the extra point in fire then purity of fire becomes even more effective.

Purity also helps you with gearing, as you need less resistances from gear to reach your cap, while Arctic Armor only helps you if you are standing when you get hit (and with EQ you should be moving a lot)
"
nerien090 wrote:
I will build up new EQ character in new patch. I build skill tree some of items gems etc...
I have enough pool to run Purity of Ice , Purity of Lightning , Blasphemy - Vulnerability , Arctic Armor or Purity of Fire.

Depends on what you want to do and how you play. For general gameplay Arctic Armour is better IMO. OTOH if you have/use permanent IC then Purity may be better. Also: If you got some evasion then Blasphemy-Enfeeble is way better than any of the purities or AA - but you need 2nd curse for it.

If golem survival is a problem then AA is close to useless (for the golem).

So it really depends - you did not give enough information to give a proper answer.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
nerien090 wrote:

Depends on what you want to do and how you play. For general gameplay Arctic Armour is better IMO. OTOH if you have/use permanent IC then Purity may be better. Also: If you got some evasion then Blasphemy-Enfeeble is way better than any of the purities or AA - but you need 2nd curse for it.

If golem survival is a problem then AA is close to useless (for the golem).

So it really depends - you did not give enough information to give a proper answer.

Chaos Golem linked to Cwdt with IC.I thought run grace with enfeeble but this build for run the Uber Atziri and some hard bosses , so decide the skip that.
Last edited by nerien090 on Aug 27, 2016, 5:00:55 PM
"
nerien090 wrote:

Chaos Golem linked to Cwdt with IC.I thought run grace with enfeeble but this build for run the Uber Atziri and some hard bosses , so decide the skip that.

Ok. Sounds like Purity is better than AA for you then.
Golem - cwdt: I have tried that in the past and came to the conclusion that it does not work (meaning golem is dead longer than alive) for me and my build at the time. Have read different opinions though. It is probably dependent on build and playstyle...
Enfeeble is really good vs some of the bosses though. With extra curse effectiveness one of the OP things in the game. It greatly reduces expected attack damage and one shot potential.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
AA's damage reduction sucks for most builds. It only works when you are standing still, which is basically never.

The chilled ground is nice though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
nerien090 wrote:

Ok. Sounds like Purity is better than AA for you then.
Golem - cwdt: I have tried that in the past and came to the conclusion that it does not work (meaning golem is dead longer than alive) for me and my build at the time. Have read different opinions though. It is probably dependent on build and playstyle...
Enfeeble is really good vs some of the bosses though. With extra curse effectiveness one of the OP things in the game. It greatly reduces expected attack damage and one shot potential.

You are right. With some curse effectiveness enfeble + any curse one of the best defenses in the game. But curse efectiveness not an option for my build i guess. Grace+Enfebble can be good but i play softcore anyway.I will pick vulnurability for more offense , if i fail somehow.I will pick up grace + enfebble.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
AA's damage reduction sucks for most builds. It only works when you are standing still, which is basically never.

The chilled ground is nice though.

I didnt know that the have to standing still. Thanks man. I will pick up PoF.
"
Adser wrote:
Purity of Fire. Resistances gets more effective for each point you stack, so if you already have the extra point in fire then purity of fire becomes even more effective.

Purity also helps you with gearing, as you need less resistances from gear to reach your cap, while Arctic Armor only helps you if you are standing when you get hit (and with EQ you should be moving a lot)

Thanks. Preciated.
"
Adser wrote:

Resistances do not become more effective for each point you stack. There is a hard cap and it's expected that you are capped with your elemental resistances. Anyone who isn't capped is playing a very risky character.

It simply comes down to whether you're moving or not.

If you aren't moving, AA is the only intelligent choice. 12% less damage taken? Purity of Fire cannot possibly compare.

If you move more than you don't, Purity is the safer option but not necessarily the best option. Purities always apply which means you won't be caught off guard while moving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info