Armor Degeneration after Each Lvlup needs to go from the Game.

Were this "decay" not in the game, characters would have to be balanced around having zero damage reduction at low levels, to obscene levels of damage reduction at end-game levels of armor. You need this damage reduction scaling so that low level characters with low armor numbers have roughly the same damage reduction % as high level characters.
Level 86 mobs don't exist so this discussion is moot. The OP is fretting about a number in his character screen that has literally ceased to have any meaning in terms of actual combat mechanics.

It's possible that in future, there will be higher-level mobs, all the way up to 100 (maybe even higher), or at any rate there will be mobs that do even more damage than the current strongest ones. But I'm sure that by then, there will be more base item types and more mods that can appear on them at very high levels, so your potential armour will also go up.
Last edited by Incompetent on Feb 20, 2013, 4:08:27 AM
"
Sikab wrote:
Hello GGG and Community.

Time has come to share my thoughts about a mechanic.

Those of us whos past lvl70 are already farming Map after Map.
You might have noticed something.

Armor has a degeneration effect in the gamne. Each time you reach a new lvl, your DMG Reduction goes down by 1%...

Some might wonder: *Is he really bitching over 1%?*

Dear gents, let's take some things into consideration.

1: You have a finite amount of possible Armor you can gain.
2: You're Armor Degenerates in such a "fast" rate, that the current item scaling in the game is not able to compensate it.
3: Everything in the game hits like a Truck...

What you could "easily" kill for example on lvl70 with 50% DMG Reduction, You will have troubles to take the punishing from the Same Mob/Boss on lvl80...

Why?

Your DMG Reduction is only 40%. That extra 10% received DMG can easily mean Life, or losing 15% XP.

Since the one "crying". I make myself as the example in this complaint.

I'm runnning Determination with Several Armor increase Nodes + Good Armor on my gear.

This results in 8000ish Armor.

Now I'm on lvl76 with 42% DMG Reduction. I'm already scared to even further advance in the game since there's hardly any items that means upgrade in my Armor.

What will happen when I reach lvl86? 32% DMG Reduction. <-- That seems wrong.

Leveling shouldn't punish the player... Sure we do spend 10SP in the meantime.
But does that really compensates on the loss of flat 10% DMG Reduction?

No.

If any1 bothered to read the whole post. It's appreciated.
Please leave your thoughts in a decent manner.

it is called scaling
the character screen's %reduction is versus same level mob...
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
"
Sikab wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Your armor is not actually doing less. Here's how it works:

The number in your character screen is an estimate based on how much damage the average monster of the same level as you will do.

Armor has less damage reduction vs larger hits, and enemies hit harder as you level up.

So when you level up, the damage reduction estimate is updated to reflect the average hit of an enemy of the new level.

Full armor mechanics are better explained in the mechanics thread.

Thats all good. But my thoughts are still stand.

Literally you could kill a lvl86 mob (if they were to exist) on lvl76, then on lvl86.

that +10SP you spent has almost zero impact.

You need read the mechanics thread for all of this because everything you're saying is based on a serious misunderstanding of how armor works. The % mitigation ur referring to is as it says on ur char screen an estimate. What that means is that they take the damage you can expect from the average mob of your level and show you the % you would mitigate of that dmg.

The mitigation your armor provides is entirely relative to the damage the mob puts out. As you say you've been farming maps lets use a very usual map mod as an example. Remember the boss does 30% more dmg and attacks faster mod? As you would expect the boss does 30% more dmg because of the mod, but that's not the end of it. Because the damage is also much higher in comparison to your flat armor you also mitigate a lower % of the dmg from the boss.

I hope this cleared up some of your misunderstandings about armor, if not... please read the damn mechanics thread. It's there for a reason
"
Sikab wrote:
Hello GGG and Community.

Time has come to share my thoughts about a mechanic.

Those of us whos past lvl70 are already farming Map after Map.
You might have noticed something.

Armor has a degeneration effect in the gamne. Each time you reach a new lvl, your DMG Reduction goes down by 1%...

Some might wonder: *Is he really bitching over 1%?*

Dear gents, let's take some things into consideration.

1: You have a finite amount of possible Armor you can gain.
2: You're Armor Degenerates in such a "fast" rate, that the current item scaling in the game is not able to compensate it.
3: Everything in the game hits like a Truck...

What you could "easily" kill for example on lvl70 with 50% DMG Reduction, You will have troubles to take the punishing from the Same Mob/Boss on lvl80...

Why?

Your DMG Reduction is only 40%. That extra 10% received DMG can easily mean Life, or losing 15% XP.

Since the one "crying". I make myself as the example in this complaint.

I'm runnning Determination with Several Armor increase Nodes + Good Armor on my gear.

This results in 8000ish Armor.

Now I'm on lvl76 with 42% DMG Reduction. I'm already scared to even further advance in the game since there's hardly any items that means upgrade in my Armor.

What will happen when I reach lvl86? 32% DMG Reduction. <-- That seems wrong.

Leveling shouldn't punish the player... Sure we do spend 10SP in the meantime.
But does that really compensates on the loss of flat 10% DMG Reduction?

No.

If any1 bothered to read the whole post. It's appreciated.
Please leave your thoughts in a decent manner.

Dude, you are totally wrong about what you have written. you gotta read the thread mechanics to have a better understanding of the damage reduction.

To clear a bit of the misinformation in your thread, the damage reduction is based the damage of the same level of a common mob. You do not in what so ever case lose armor every time you level. That 8000 armor you have is the value use in calculating how much damage reduction you get when any mob is hitting you.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info