And there it is...remaking of content with Lab elements.

"
morbo wrote:
The boss fight direction GGG is taking from Izaro onward is the right one.

No.
We tested it extensively
patch 2.5

GGG: "we are happy to announce that after several month of hard work we managed to implenent leavers and traps to most maps for you guys to enjoy. The new and exclusive content is fully optional and you are still welcome to grind dried lake indefinitely for all your exp needs"
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Muldeh wrote:
I also hate lab, but think that this fight looks awesome!

I was also very critical of the lab on release. I don't mind traps in a boss room though. My biggest persistent gripe was that I prefer to fight monsters in an ARPG, not rooms full of traps. I never minded it inside the Izzaro room, and don't think I'll mind them in future boss rooms.

The only thing I'd say to OP is that more complex boss mechanics were inevitable. There was (and still will be) tons of design space left open for making fights more fun, more complex, and more challenging.

If you can, try to imagine that the lab never happened. We still would have been destined to get mechanics like this in boss rooms. I may think the lab is out of place in an ARPG, but disassociate this for a second - are complicated, challenging fights out of place in an ARPG? I don't think so. I think you're just connecting the dots from lab is unfun, so any and all lab mechanics must be un fun no matter the context. I'd encourage you to rethink that being a valid and straight line, but it sounds like you're already gone. Oh well.
"
ventiman wrote:

difference is the butcher fight has better graphics

What? The butcher in D3 is just a huge blob of polygons with bad comic textures O_o
The real D1-butcher-flashback is Brutus from PoE.

D3 butcher made me sad. Brutus made me love this game.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

difference is the butcher fight has better graphics

What? The butcher in D3 is just a huge blob of polygons with bad comic textures O_o
The real D1-butcher-flashback is Brutus from PoE.

D3 butcher made me sad. Brutus made me love this game.

no idea what you run d3 on... a toaster?

its a well known fact that Diablo 3 graphics beats poe graphics in every department
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:

its a well known fact that Diablo 3 graphics beats poe graphics in every department

I think that's a matter of opinion. D3 looks way too flashy/arcade style for me.
I need DBM addon or GTFO addon for poe now?
many people just need a reason for quitting.
here we go...
"
Miazga wrote:

That's a joke, right? Only thing D3 has over PoE is the physics engine. Other than that it looks like WoW from above, including low polygon count and low res textures. I guess its lighting is kinda good.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
@OP:
Well I think many people know that I'm a proud member of the vocal minority but even I have to tell you that you are overreacting A LOT. ^^ This fight has nothing in common with the whole lab bullshit apart from it's look. Calm down and enjoy 2.4 it will become a great expansion after the last two epic fail expansions.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info