Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
morbo wrote:
^ You can un-shape a map, with a meagre investment of 20 chisel + 5 regrets

Right, I must have missed that. Thanks.
This is really an awesome addition to the game - will give me more reason to play.

With that said, I wonder how league play will be effected with trials and masters already - too much repetition to build a new end game character?

Just food for thought, great work!
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Can't be arsed with the forcing "most efficient" path on the atlas . I may brick my account , but gating myself from game content sounds no fun at all.

Really? I mean, I get what you're saying, and I'm really hyped about the new content, including new high-level bossfights that I'd love to try my characters on.

But if the price for accessing those fights is literally turning half the Gorges that I find into Orchards, for---get this---every character I'll every play, for the entire remaining lifetime of PoE... Then those new bosses can fuck right the hell off.
i didn't read all the pages....

so it is possible to create a Tropical Island T11 ( assuming its T1 ), with 2 shaped orbs? one for T1->T6->T11

Also how does the new map drop system works? in example i start from one corner and rush to the boss, from their i just explore like till T9 Maps

so the chance for a possible T9+ Map is the highest and i miss the few % ( on the unexplored T1-T8 maps )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

"
morbo wrote:
"
markww wrote:
Just because you use a shapers orb doesn't mean the normal version of the map will never drop.

The normal version of a map will still drop in the relevant tier maps, the Shapered version can only drop in tiers that are relevant to it.

No, when you shape a map, the original stops dropping. So you can indeed "lock" yourself from the map you want to play.

E:
"
Chris wrote:
When a map on the Atlas has been Shaped, it doesn't change any of the existing maps you own. However, Shaped versions of that map will now start dropping. Unshaped versions will not drop for you any more.

Sorry, didn't realize that GGG would make a design decision that stupid.
"For the most part, the map drop system works the same as before. The new rule is that the maps that can drop are from the following groups:
-Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
-Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
-Tier 1 maps."

So I want an alt-account that has only unlocked red Maps, Unique Maps I want to run, plus a couple Shaped maps. That way, I only get four trash Maps, namely the tier 1's - everything else is red/shaped to red.

If that is correct, then what the fuck is wrong with this system.

Or rather, an alt account that has all the trash unlocked I guess, that'd be way better.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 6:58:23 AM
If you shape a map it's permanent?
but guys, who will be the hero to unlock first gorge on league? and if it will cost 5 ex or so?
"
Cumulative Map Quantity Bonus
Performing the bonus objective in each type of map unlocks a (multiplicative) 1% map drop quantity bonus. For example, if you have done this in 22 different types of maps, then you have a 22% map drop bonus that stacks with other quantity bonuses multiplicatively. The total bonus is displayed on the Atlas screen.

The objectives that unlock this bonus are:
White Maps (Tiers 1-5) and Unique Maps: Kill the map boss or open the designated unique chest (for maps without a boss).
Yellow Maps (Tiers 6-10): Kill the map boss in a rare version of the map.
Red Maps (Tiers 11-16): Kill the map boss in a corrupted rare version of the map.

Will there be an indicator to show which maps have had their bonus objective completed so that we know which have to be done still?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"For the most part, the map drop system works the same as before. The new rule is that the maps that can drop are from the following groups:
-Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
-Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
-Tier 1 maps."

So I want an alt-account that has only unlocked red Maps, Unique Maps I want to run, plus a couple Shaped maps. That way, I only get four trash Maps, namely the tier 1's - everything else is red/shaped to red.

If that is correct, then what the fuck is wrong with this system.

Or rather, an alt account that has all the trash unlocked I guess, that'd be way better.

Yes, this is so good. There will be an optimal path for most efficient farming in future. If someone accidentally unlock an unwanted map, then he may get his account ruined, not just one character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info