Chance for Skyforth....

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
If skyforth was easy to chance they wouldn't sell for 35 ex. So my guess is you will need on average 35 ex worth of chance and scouring orbs.

Probably much more than that if you use chance and scours instead of chance and tons of boots (in prophecy, boots go for like 4~6 per chaos). One of the key factors of skyforth prices being as *low* as they are is because people want to be able to actually sell them. It's the same principle behind Mirrors; the chance of dropping a mirror is much lower than 1/180 the chance of dropping an exalt, but people want other people to be able to actually buy their mirrors, so they competitively price them downwards until their current equilibrium.

Skyforth's fair chance orb price would probably be much higher if people weren't so interested in liquidating asap to buy other OP gear.
Spent 2-3 exalts worth of chances this league on agate amulets, sorcerer boots, occultist vestments and leather belts, didn't get a single gg unique. Got a few rares worth 20c.

RNG is RNG. If you refuse to come into terms with that, you probably shouldn't play meta builds to begin with. And honestly I don't think you should make a build around the second most valuable item to begin with. You're almost saying I need headhunter for my build to function.
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Don't bother yourself scouring boots-doesn't worth it. Just carry a stack of chances with you,pick up boots, chance them and throw away(or leave if it's a good rare)
"
MBQ wrote:
Spent 2-3 exalts worth of chances this league on agate amulets, sorcerer boots, occultist vestments and leather belts, didn't get a single gg unique. Got a few rares worth 20c.

RNG is RNG. If you refuse to come into terms with that, you probably shouldn't play meta builds to begin with. And honestly I don't think you should make a build around the second most valuable item to begin with. You're almost saying I need headhunter for my build to function.

I don't think you can obtain a headhunter or voll devotion if you are not in a zana nemesis mod map.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Just get some chance orbs with you and use them on Sorcerer boots when they drop,don't try to force them,it wont happen.

Very much this. I chanced them this league after trying for three straight. Wouldn't have even made my build otherwise. I planned a build consistent with my ability to generate currency and then just got a lucky surprise. If you find yourself challenged to make that much currency (like I do) per your normal gameplay, then don't plan a build that all-but needs them.

I don't plan on making a build that needs them next league FWIW. But if I get them, then I will cross that bridge.
well I know I'm bumping an old thread but I dont care.. Excitement makes one do silly things..

Over the course of time I've played this game (few months) I have used chance orbs here and there when I'd find Sorcerer boots. Well today I saw I had 40ish scouring and more chance. So I started chance/scour on one pair. I think I used 27/28 of each and then BAM! Skyforth! Needless to say that was the most excitement I've had yet playing this game.

Anyway I know most times it's probably just a waste of resources but yet it can happen! Maybe I will encourage some more gamblers to take the plunge. Good luck!
spend about 100ex in std still no skyforth
Chanced every base since skyforth came out -- 3k ish ?? No sky yet. Valyrium ring foes the job at 1/200th the cost.

As a first time player in Legacy league, I read fairly early on that chance orbs should be used on white Sorcerer boots because it's always worth it, so I did that, never buying any chance orbs or boots, never doing any scouring. Over the course of three months, I simply chanced every white Sorcerer boots that dropped and got lucky while doing an Estuary map. I have no idea how many chance orbs I consumed but I'd guess around 500, surely a way below average number.

I make no special effort to farm Chance Orbs, and they come in somewhat faster than Sorcerer boots. I am now chancing both Sorcerer boots and Occultist's Vestments and that seems to be about equal, though you would want to build up a supply of 50 or more chance orbs before doing both. I use Neversink's loot filter and have added Occultist's Vestments to the special Sorcerer boots drop sound so I don't miss any of those drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info