About Merveil

Why are some people saying they cannot defeat Merveil ? I've never played this game, yet I instantly defeated her 1st time by choosing my armour well giving me 84 % Ice Resist and Searing Bond which summons 3 Totems for 24.6 damage each caught in the flame beam, she died instantly along with her allies and her damage was minimal, 1st time playing, is Path of Exile this much easy even though I'm only starting ? I love the game, but seems very easy so far. ( Sapphire Ring really helps to prevents frozen damage, mine is rare increasing its effects even further, amazing game. )
Last edited by SolbladeKnight on Aug 22, 2016, 1:40:40 PM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 2:33:25 PM
"
Why are some people saying they cannot defeat Merveil ? I've never played this game, yet I instantly defeated her 1st time by choosing my armour well giving me 84 % Ice Resist and Searing Bond which summons 3 Totems for 24.6 damage each caught in the flame beam, she died instantly along with her allies and her damage was minimal, 1st time playing, is Path of Exile this much easy even though I'm only starting ? I love the game, but seems very easy so far. ( Sapphire Ring really helps to prevents frozen damage, mine is rare increasing its effects even further, amazing game. )
At what difficulty?
Normal, she almost did not give me any damage, and my 8.5 life regen almost prevented me from reaching below 400 health, does it get harder from now on or if you understand all the Diablo mechanics fully you can very easily complete this game ? Anyways, it's a brillant ARPG, much strategy choices ( many tons of them ! ) and absolutely having a blast like my Diablo 2 times !
Last edited by SolbladeKnight on Aug 22, 2016, 1:50:33 PM
"
Normal, she almost did not give me any damage, and my 8.5 life regen almost prevented me from reaching below 400 health, does it get harder from now on or if you understand all the Diablo mechanics fully you can very easily complete this game ? Anyways, it's a brillant ARPG, much strategy choices ( many tons of them ! ) and absolutely having a blast like my Diablo 2 times !
Normal is nothing. Wait for merciless. Much harder. And in maps(end-game) it's even much harder. :-)
Yea it gets,once you reach high tier maps/uber lab and uber atziri,it gets harder. As for the 3 regular difficulties,the only problem is merciless Malachai. The first 2 difficulties though are complete cakewalk.
And the game is superior I think. Many, many builds to choose from or make own.
It's just that you bothered to get geared. :P Merveil's quite rude if you have 20% Cold Res or less.
Path of Exile can be pretty tricky. Act 4 can be a bit of a spike, and a terrible build will be seriously punished in higher difficulties. The usual sensibilities and a little bit of trial and error can get you through the story np though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 22, 2016, 1:55:16 PM
Ah, so there's actually much difficulty to be had, oh my strategy senses are tingling, so excited ! It's my Dark Souls high-end strategy times all over again, SO FUN ! Thank you very much, community. ( And let me tell you, I did not have THIS MUCH strategical fun IN YEARS ! POE is an ARPG saver ! )
Last edited by SolbladeKnight on Aug 22, 2016, 1:59:42 PM

I feel strong trolling vibes.Dont know.Just me though...
Bye bye desync!
Normal is supposed to be very easy. The only time Merveil can be hard, is when you have 0 cold resist. A long time ago, sapphire rings were not easy to find before Merveil so the fight was harder with no cold resist. And I say harder, but really her attacks are easy to dodge so harder is a relative term.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info