How to find Sacrifice at Midnight & Shavronnes Items

I am playing SSF in Prophecy - Lvl 89 at the moment.

I would like to try an Atziri run - but I missing the Sacrifice at Midnight Fragment.
I have 25+ of all the others and I have run Vaal areas thru the map device for more than an hour to
cycle thru those.
Is there a better way to get an Sacrifice of Midnight - an deterministic one would be best?
(And of course - no trading, else SSF is spoiled)

Similar question for an Shavronne Item -
and the Prophecy to defeat Brutus while wearing one.
I have IIRC 5+ of those Prophecies sealed,
did Shavronne runs in Merciless for more than an hour,
but still no Shavronne item.
Is there a good - ideally determinstic way - to get one (except trading)?
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 2:41:42 PM
No deterministic way for either one with SSF. An hour running Vaal areas without a single midnight sounds unlucky. You should be able to do 30-40 areas per hour if you go straight to the boss, maybe more, and I think midnight is supposed to be a 1 in 20 drop.
you do know that you can put any other fragment into a mapdevice and it'll then open a side-area??
d:-D*
You can also Vaal maps with the chance the boss can then drop a sacrificial fragment. Try this on the twinned maps like Dry Forest or even Museum if you can tackle the trio without too much trouble (and if you're looking to take on Atziri, then these three should be a walk in the park for you).
For me, the 'her mask' cards seem to have an equal chance of getting each fragment.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
you do know that you can put any other fragment into a mapdevice and it'll then open a side-area??

He did say he's been running vaal areas through the map device so I assume he knows that.
"
You can also Vaal maps with the chance the boss can then drop a sacrificial fragment. Try this on the twinned maps like Dry Forest or even Museum if you can tackle the trio without too much trouble (and if you're looking to take on Atziri, then these three should be a walk in the park for you).

IMO this is the best way to get fragments because its less boring than cycle other frags. Just alt those Museums, Dry Woods and Baazars for twinned, vaal them and go. Downside of this method is that sometimes vaal orb mess up the mods, making map unplayable/hard for some builds.
Do what You will shall be the whole of the law.
Last edited by Puttatos on Aug 22, 2016, 5:33:11 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
No deterministic way for either one with SSF. An hour running Vaal areas without a single midnight sounds unlucky. You should be able to do 30-40 areas per hour if you go straight to the boss, maybe more, and I think midnight is supposed to be a 1 in 20 drop.

If it is really a 1 in 20 drop I am really extremely unlucky, as I had at least 200 fragments dropped overall from the different sources - thats a 0,0035% chance ...
Perhaps GGG should implement a "grace" counter in POE like Hearthstone has it for the legends in the packs, so that you i.e. guaranteed 6L after 2500 fusings at 20 quality or drop a sacrifice at midnight after 200 fragments ...
"
Puttatos wrote:
"

IMO this is the best way to get fragments because its less boring than cycle other frags. Just alt those Museums, Dry Woods and Baazars for twinned, vaal them and go. Downside of this method is that sometimes vaal orb mess up the mods, making map unplayable/hard for some builds.

Thanks for this idea.
I will try this,
only ele reflect really makes maps unplayable,
so it seems that is the least boring method for farming for fragments.

Running Vaal straight to the Boss in a Vaal Side Area to one or two shot him is extremely boring.
"

Do you also have a good idea for farming for a Shavronne item?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info