Backbeards marauder EK build

I've been playing an ek shadow, but its been a little lack luster for me knowing how much better starting as a mara can be. I am planning on rerolling an iron reflex variation of this build and was hoping to get some feed back on it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPd2WFXDZHO-6qgtKyqWfPAGpBVp4QaOGae-tIdFI9G0NDPZVXGFm-nCLiTDH0Qf8aeTDUoxfO-NunjaiSqGYWplVFgGjKAVk990iGezacwFCBQRwHnNuhYr3C79tpkoxpVYSES4YTvdO1672BLBS1AoF4Tw4bnkayvIWB08RjbnrlDnA6tKaVbr90N_MVnoId2Sn1W-u4OTsg1ktfLt9M94iP27_BaSDqzNYadqrnN

+320 to Strength
+124 to Dexterity
+84 to Intelligence
+82 to maximum Mana
+240 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+5 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
281% increased maximum Life
3.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
37% additional Shield Block Chance
110% increased Defences from equipped Shield
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
10% reduced Mana Reserved
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
+16.8% Energy Shield
+64% increased Melee Physical Damage
+248 Accuracy Rating
24.8% increased Evasion Rating

This is what I expect to be using unless I get some upgrades:

I plan on running Hatred,Deter, Grace, Haste/Purity, and Tempest Shield and will have to most likely pick up another 30 int node.

Probably going to rush IR and pick up most of the hp nodes along the way, filling in the stronger block nodes as I go, then try to hit inner force mid 70's and grab the two endurance charges mid 80's.

From there I expect to just fill in additional block nodes and look for additional hp nodes. The build is a little low on life for my taste, and I would like to pick up that hp regen cluster near the beginning of the templar tree.

I would like to get some feed back from people currently running a block build to see what they think. Thanks.
Actually i found that molten shell and bear trap both are not necessary for this build. Its pretty much easy to kill bosses, even without them, i think its much better to use some totem, or any skill u found more usefull, instead of trap+shell combo, cuz u will be free to use any amulet(not only astramentis) if u want to go for duelist tree nodes.
I think must have skills only EK+Projectile weakness, all other spells u can choose urself.
IGN: MeShuRa
Last edited by MeShuRa on Mar 22, 2013, 5:23:20 AM
I'm playing this build (62 atm) and I have a question on the weapons most of you guys are posting. Am I wrong that the most important thing on them is spell damage?

To me, it seems like this is better than what some people are using end-game.

What weight does cast speed and crit chance have on this build? I haven't taken any crit nodes. I'd like to upgrade since I just randomly had this and figured it wasn't that great, but I'm not finding anything that would seem like an upgrade to me.

I think this build is great so far. Everything has been a joke up to this point. I'm currently trying to make it work so I can vitality, hatred and haste without using blood magic on any of them (and I'll swap in tempest shield for high physical maps).
Last edited by mcl5000 on Mar 23, 2013, 10:46:26 AM
I like the idea of a marauder EK although I made my EK shadow, my gear is pretty bad and i only have 4L items but this is my build.

I am currently level 73 - I have 4k EK just over 4k HP over 2k mana ~65% damage reduction 150 MP a sec and am able to run 5 auras(discipline, clarity, purity(determination depending on map), hatred and grace), my resists are all 77 (really all 110%+ but capped at 77 i have it so high for lower resist curses) With this high of a damage reduction i am able to kill physical reflect mobs without granite flask active(my hp drops ~20% if its a big pack and i crit though) really not an issue with granite flask active though maybe ~10-15% of my life if i crit, although once i get a 5L i'll use life leech and then they should never be an issue.

The plan for once i have better gear is to use a high ES + spell damage shield and then use all my other items for very high evasion, that way the ~400-500 es on the shield will give me the 2k-2.5k mana pool i'll need as well as the extra 70-90%+ spell damage while the evasion gear should get me 15-20k+ armor and 75%+ reduction, I expect to have somewhere around 7-9k EK by low-mid 80's. It is working really well right now and can only get a lot better as my gear improves.
Last edited by Derza on Mar 27, 2013, 12:59:05 PM
I was wondering about taking the ''POINT BLANK'' passive. EK being projectiles and close range, I though it could be good, even though I dont know what is the range of Point Blank. Any though about it?
"
pistolatime wrote:
I was wondering about taking the ''POINT BLANK'' passive. EK being projectiles and close range, I though it could be good, even though I dont know what is the range of Point Blank. Any though about it?

Point Blank is for Projectile _Attacks_, Ethereal Knives is a Spell.
How come you don't use LMP or Chain/Fork with this? I'm kind of new so I'm just asking out of curiosity. LMP+Chain seems to be way awesome for any projectile.
"
How come you don't use LMP or Chain/Fork with this? I'm kind of new so I'm just asking out of curiosity. LMP+Chain seems to be way awesome for any projectile.

12 projectiles instead of 10 would be really cool and the best support in the world, yes.

Chain just ain't needed, especially when you use Projectile Weakness (~60% pierce), and makes dmg on small packs ridiculously small. Usable only if you already have a ton of dmg, or to reduce phys reflect - makes 3 50% hits instead of 1 100% which is harder to mitigate with armor.

Also, 200% cost for BM char is a no-no.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on May 3, 2013, 8:27:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info