Gorge with 25% pack size VS Rare Gorge without packsize

I noticed that rare maps in general seem to have higher density and quantity of the mobs even if they have no pack size, "more magic monsters", etc than blue ones even if they have 15-25 pack size. So here is me asking this question - what is better?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 20, 2016, 10:59:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 3:37:18 PM
Bump. Need answer fast
Pack size is the single best thing you can get on a map.
If there's no Pack size mod, you're seeing the effects of either randomness (some monsters spawn in larger packs than others) or observer bias.

"
I noticed that rare maps in general seem to have higher density and quantity of the mobs

very unlikely.. Rarity itself has no effect, only the mods
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If there's no Pack size mod, you're seeing the effects of either randomness (some monsters spawn in larger packs than others) or observer bias.

"
Ludvator wrote:

"
I noticed that rare maps in general seem to have higher density and quantity of the mobs

very unlikely.. Rarity itself has no effect, only the mods

Do we have proof of that? I vaguely remember some GGG(?) quote about inherent boni for strongboxes based on the rarity of the strongbox.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
^
This
... why are people extrapolating that to pack size on maps? Even rare strongboxes don't get a higher monstar density in the packs they release. I'd love if Mark came in and just confirmed that your speculation is baseless and wrong, but aside from that best-case scenario that he notices (or you could, you know, ask in the mechanics thread where this question belongs), absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I noticed that rare maps in general seem to have higher density and quantity of the mobs even if they have no pack size, "more magic monsters", etc than blue ones even if they have 15-25 pack size. So here is me asking this question - what is better?

If you have an old map (of the horde) then pack size is king no matter what. But maps these days can not roll this anymore so you have to get other mods to get a little pack size. Apart from that a blue map with the same spawn types should have the same monster density than a rare map with the same mods plus another mod that does not increase the maps pack size.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 21, 2016, 12:50:01 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:13:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info