[2.3][Assassin]Cheapest 100k+ DPS (95% crit) Split Arrow Build Ever

This build is so insane that it only requires so little investment for anyone to achieve 100k+ dps and insane map clear speed.

You basically one-shot every white and blue mobs. Two-shot rare mobs.
Finish most map bosses within 5 second.

You only need three common (thanks to the prophecy) unique items for this build to work.
You don't need Reach of the Council.
You don't need item level 85 crafted bow.
You don't need top tier accessories.

You only need:

We achieve this goal by abusing assassin's two ascendancy nodes,
"Toxic Delivery" (poison you inflict with critical strikes deals 100% more damage)
and
"Ambush" (100% more critical strike chance against enemies with full health)

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Assassin

As we know, in order for 90% of the builds to reach 100k+ dps, stacking critical strike chance and multiplier is the only way. This includes getting as many power charges as possible, having high base critical strike chance weapon, stacking critical strike chance/multiplier gear, etc. And they are huge investments for anyone in turns of gear and skill points.

But now we have a simple solution. Ambush plus Toxic Delivery.

Why and how:
Spoiler

At the first look at ambush, people may think "nah, it's no good. it's only for the first shot."

But if we think again, since most 100k+ dps builds one-shot most mobs anyway, does it really matter if ambush is only good for the first shot? How can we abuse the first shot?

According to GGG, critical strike chance caps at 95%, meaning with ambush we only need 47.5% to cap at 95% (47.5 x 2 = 95).
47.5% is so easy to reach you don't even need (or barely) any critical strike chance gear or power charges.

So now we cap our critical strike chance at 95% with minimum gear investment.

Now how do we ensure if the enemy doesn't die from the first shot?
We add poison. No, make it double poison thanks to the toxic delivery.

Pros and cons:

Pros:

1. So very cheap.
2. So god damn cheap.

Cons:

1. Only for softcore (probably).
2. Can't do physical reflect maps even when switch to Voltaxic Rift (unless switch to Vaal pact which is not recommended)
3. 4k life (unless we invest in 6 link rare chests or kaom's heart, etc)

How do we survive with 4k life?
'cause the deep is strong.
And shoot before we see.

Video:

Spoiler

Tier 15 Core with elemental weak + vulnerability + 30% more mobs' attack/movement speed
fail attempt cause I am bad at Malachai fight lol(shouldn't have stopped moving)
https://youtu.be/uVtSh7Z0zOw
Tier 11 Spring with 34% more monster life
https://youtu.be/KRGBvGPYWr4
Tier 9 Gorge
https://youtu.be/w1nYT3cC9iw
Tier 10 plateau
https://youtu.be/IslvM_YlPgw
Tier 12 overgrown ruin
https://youtu.be/4izQyWzRJfg
Tier 11 academy
https://youtu.be/YbFdA-3PyzA
Tier 12 village ruin with enfeeble
https://youtu.be/JCxMwLoSY_4
Tier 12 overgrown ruin with 40% more monster life
https://youtu.be/3KqmgNKKdA4

Skill tree:

Leveling:

Budget gear version from level 66 (when we equip Lioneye's Glare) up to level 90:
Spoiler

Helmet:

Spoiler
Rare helmet with life and resistance
or

or

Chest:

Spoiler

Weapon:

Spoiler

Quiver:

Spoiler

Gloves:

Spoiler
Rare gloves with life and resistance
or

or

Boots:

Spoiler
Rare boots with 30% movement speed + life + resistance
or

Belt:

Spoiler
Rare belts with life + resistance (or +% physical damage, strength, etc)

Rings:

Spoiler
resistance

Amulets:

Spoiler
30%+ multiplier + resistance

Flasks:

Spoiler
2 life + 1 quicksilver + 1 silver +

The only difference before and after level 90 is the tankiness. DPS wise, they are the same (or close). You will have more than enough DPS just from the three core unique items to carry you to 90. After 90, you will need to be tankier to avoid dying in tier 12+ maps. This is a possible build to reach level 100 in a new league in my opinion (even though I only leveled to 91 so far, lol).

If you choose to use unique helmet, gloves, and boots, you need to have total of 135% fire, cold, and lightning resistance from two rings, amulet, and belt.

If you choose to have rare helmet, gloves, and/or boots, you will have easier time to cap the resistance at the beginning of a new league...with the trade off of about 10-15% total DPS loss(which is quite acceptable since we already deal so much damage).

Post level 90 gearing:

Spoiler

Helmet:

Chest:

Bow & quiver are still Lioneye's Glare and Drillneck

Belts:

Rare belt with life + resistance + physical damage + strength

Boots:

Rare boots with 30% movement speed + resistance + intelligence/or strength

Gloves:

Facebreaker for the best DPS boost or rare gloves with life + resistance

Rings:

Life + resistance

Amulet:

30%+ critical multiplier + resistance + life

Flasks: the same

You will need to compensate for the -60% lightning resistance either from the gear or jewels.

Physical damage from rings/amulet doesn't really make that much of the difference.
Typical 7-12 flat physical damage from rings will boost about 4% DPS. If you have the budget, you could have about 15-20% DPS increase from rings and amulet's flat physical damage.

Gem link:

Spoiler
Main attack 6 link
Split arrow --> pierce support --> increased critical strike chance support --> physical projectile attack damage support --> slower projectile support --> poison support

Alternate single target (swap to barrage for better single target when facing certain map bosses)

Barrage --> pierce support --> increased critical strike chance support --> physical projectile attack damage support --> slower projectile support --> poison support

Totem support

Siege Ballista --> increased critical strike chance support --> physical projectile attack damage support --> slower projectile support --> poison support -->pierce support

And some other shit like CWDT with immortal call, blood rage, etc.

Ascendancy points:
Spoiler

Normal: Noxious Strike
Cruel: Ambush
Merciless: Toxic Delivery
Uber: Assassinate

Aura:

Spoiler
Hatred (freeze everything)
Herald of ash (feels better than herald of ice)

Bandit:

Normal = skill point or life
Cruel = attack speed or physical damage or skill point (doesn't really matter)
Merciless = frenzy charge

Gear choices:

Spoiler
Weapon:
Lioneye's Glare.
Good physical dps. Good attack speed. And 100% hit chance and it's cheap.

Helmet:
Typical life + resistance. Or Rat's Nest for 10% movement speed or that
bear face unique helmet.

Chest:
Tabula Rasa.
Cheap 6 link.
Good 6 link chest with life if you have the budget. (lightning coil, for example)

Quiver:
Drillneck.

Gloves:
Typical life + resistance gloves (attack speed and physical damage are good too). Facebreaker.
Maligaro's Virtuosity.
Snakebites. Have frenzy in your attack skill set if somehow lose frenzy charges.

Belt:
Typical life + resistance.

Boots:
30% movement speed + life + resistance.

Rings:
life + resistance (some int and str are good, phy dmg good too)

Amulet:
Critical multiplier + life + resistance

Flask:
Life flask
Quicksilver
Silver flask
Atziri's Promise (huge dps boost)

My gear:

Spoiler

My tooltip dps:

Spoiler
45k with split arrow (hatred + herald of ash + flame golem).
95k with split arrow (auras + golem + 7 frenzy charges + flasks)

What if you want more defense?

Spoiler

Play safely.

Split arrow has 100% chance to pierce. So it means we can kill mobs off-screen if we
play it smart.

Use Snakebites

Compare it with facebreak
Snakebites gives:

1. 70 more life
2. 16% less attack damage
3. 10% reduced attack speed
4. 28% more critical multiplier (20% level 20 increased critical damage support)
5. 6 skill points to spend on life

skill tree:

Helmet:

For 100 more life.

Chest:

6 link or 5 link with probably 20-30% less dps

Boots:

Rare boots with high life + 30% movement speed + good resistance roll.

You will have about 5k life with lightning coil. Yet it's not so cheap anymore but
still manageable if you don't count the 6 link on either chest or bow.

If you want to go full retard on dps and get one-shot by physical reflect rares,
use this:

Last edited by Kiermac2003 on Aug 29, 2016, 1:59:53 PM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2017, 6:27:02 AM
I like your idea of creating a cheap build getting a decent dps..

Somehow your defenses are kinda bad (since you have like on nearly no equipment life).

In addition you could achieve even higher dps and life by using Snakebites instead of Facebreaker, so you would save the poison gem.

Otherwise I can just suggest you to get more life on skilltree and life on gear (otherwise you could indeed die to reflect or dangerous monsters).

Still thanks for your guide. :)
"
I like your idea of creating a cheap build getting a decent dps..

Somehow your defenses are kinda bad (since you have like on nearly no equipment life).

In addition you could achieve even higher dps and life by using Snakebites instead of Facebreaker, so you would save the poison gem.

Otherwise I can just suggest you to get more life on skilltree and life on gear (otherwise you could indeed die to reflect or dangerous monsters).

Still thanks for your guide. :)

Yes, if you choose to use Snakebites, you can swap poison support to something else. Plus you can relocate the 6 skill points to somewhere else too.

Yet you will have to include frenzy in the attack skill set if you somehow lose the frenzy charges from blood rage. (which is unlikely doing usually map runs since this build has decent dps and clear speed)
Excellent idea. I get really dark at all these "experts" touting builds that cost many, many exalts, and then say its a "for everyone" build.

With an eye to having a cheap, doable build, maybe you could also do a vid with a gear setup that has mostly midrange rares?

Notes to ponder

A cheap build isn't cheap anymore if you pay 20-30c for every 20/21 gem you will need, or the 10-50c for each jewellery piece because the unique overload wrecks the resistances caps.

Builders need to be aware that gems/flasks/equipment should always be at max qual/level possible. This comes at a cost if yr not prepared/patient enough to level them yourself.

Whisper
Hi
nice build u have ,but i have a quesion .

i have 86 lvl ranger class with reset skill tree i got 104 passive points

can i go with this build with my ranger ?!
"
tiger2shadow wrote:
Hi
nice build u have ,but i have a quesion .

i have 86 lvl ranger class with reset skill tree i got 104 passive points

can i go with this build with my ranger ?!

Unfortunately no. We need assassin ascendancy nodes for the critical strike to work.
But it's quite easy to level once you equip drillneck and death's harp with -mana cost rings (along with Tabula Rasa, of course).
is this still viable on 2.4 atlas of worlds
"
tiger2shadow wrote:
is this still viable on 2.4 atlas of worlds

Yes, but with about 10-15% dps nerf. So......
I met a problem, almost no int for critical strike support gems. It wasn't noted in your build.
Is this still viable in 2.6, and what gems should i use with 5 link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info