[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"

The +2 mana on hit on quillrain? No longer need to go BM?

EA has like 70+ mana cost. 2 won't do anything.
its per hit though, wouldnt it mean that if you hit 10 enemies you get 20 mana?
Even if it was 50/hit it wouldn't be good. With its mana cost, you fire like 2 volleys before the first arrow hits.

And we're getting blood magic cause there's no reason not to get it.
"
dingis wrote:
"
Nekhebet wrote:
If I play with a necro support, would a +3 bow work better than quill rain because of all the attack speed necro provides?

no clue, haven't run with a support on this build to see the attack speed. you can give it a shot I guess

"
is this build working as league starter build?

If you know what you're doing, yeah. started the past couple of leagues with it.

Also after the patch notes I don't see anything stopping the build. Things to look out for aside from legacy kaoms and rumis that I saw:

Bernoit gloves give % damage while flask is active, if this is a decent amount (like 40% or something) You should craft these if you get them.

The reflect reduction is 10%, it's good enough to take those nodes, I mean you're fine without it, but breach mobs are tanky so they are nice to have. Sybil's lement has flat fire so it's a dps decrease and not worth using unfortunately

Not sure how many points explosive impact is, need to look at tree, but if it's a decent one, it might be worth the points.

No unique stands out as an endgame must though, a bunch of nice leveling uniques. The aoe nerfs don't hit too hard in the end from what I can tell, and dying sun might drop in price because pure aoe builds might not want it. We are good to go.

If you see something interesting I didn't see, let me know.

Yeah, I also ran through the patch notes and couldn't find anything that would affect us.
Hey there! Thanks for the guide, I've always wanted to do EA and will use this as my league starter.

What do you think about the new AoE changes? They aren't really affecting the build because you apply expl. arrows to any target anyways, right?

Also what do you think about using Blood Rage while mapping? Because I would like to use Rain of Arrows on my Curse-on-hit support because I think it would be slightly better for applying curses to big packs(?).

For uber lab/atziri/guardians/shaper/etc I would go back to using frenzy with curse-on-hit obviously.

EDIT: Also, how much life reg do you think is enough to justify using no leech gem? The idea of using a leech gem kinda turns me off, but I haven't played it myself yet so I am not sure if it's a must (even if it's only early-on).
Last edited by S1xE on Mar 1, 2017, 4:59:31 PM
Hey, what about using the Covenant instead of taking Blood Magic?

"The Covenant: No longer has Blood Magic. Now has Socketed gems have Blood Magic. No longer has Reduced Maximum Life but has 10% Increased Maximum Life"

Note it doesn't say "socketed gems are supported by Blood Magic" - so hopefully no 250% increased cost?

What Auras would you run instead? Maybe Flammability + blasphemy? Haste aura? Vitality?

Obviously not as good as Kaoms but could be a decent swap if we can run a few auras as well.
"
S1xE wrote:
Hey there! Thanks for the guide, I've always wanted to do EA and will use this as my league starter.

What do you think about the new AoE changes? They aren't really affecting the build because you apply expl. arrows to any target anyways, right?

Also what do you think about using Blood Rage while mapping? Because I would like to use Rain of Arrows on my Curse-on-hit support because I think it would be slightly better for applying curses to big packs(?).

For uber lab/atziri/guardians/shaper/etc I would go back to using frenzy with curse-on-hit obviously.

EDIT: Also, how much life reg do you think is enough to justify using no leech gem? The idea of using a leech gem kinda turns me off, but I haven't played it myself yet so I am not sure if it's a must (even if it's only early-on).

You can get by using life leech enchant on boots, doryani's belt, or a corruption on rearguard/ngamahu tiki.

Eh blood rage is kinda weird, but if you really want you can do it. I use frenzy curse on hit dual curse with dying sun if I have it. I normally don't need to curse white mobs anyway.

AOE changes aren't going to be too impactful in the end I think, maybe early on without dying sun and all that, we rarely stack 5 on regular mobs so max aoe isn't a huge deal and single target is an ignite in the end.

"
Hey, what about using the Covenant instead of taking Blood Magic?

"The Covenant: No longer has Blood Magic. Now has Socketed gems have Blood Magic. No longer has Reduced Maximum Life but has 10% Increased Maximum Life"

Note it doesn't say "socketed gems are supported by Blood Magic" - so hopefully no 250% increased cost?

What Auras would you run instead? Maybe Flammability + blasphemy? Haste aura? Vitality?

Obviously not as good as Kaoms but could be a decent swap if we can run a few auras as well.

Eh, you'll still need a second set up that will need a blood magic gem for single target/aoe. I'd probably Arctic armour and purity of fire are probably nice I guess.

I don't know why getting blood magic is so hated. it has the highest life nodes behind it and there are no auras that have a huge effect on the build. It solves all mana issues and makes you tanky.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwFLQguDjwUIBRNFHEVIBhWGJEZjhm0HNwiryP2Jbwo-izpLYMuUzWSNug3TDhTOlI64T38QYdDMUQNRZ1Hfkp9TZJN41BHU1JWSFb6WGNYr18_ZU1noGh0bzt07XXLdud313fjeA14-Xloeu99dX7dfyt_gIGvggeCx4TZhmCGs4d2jM-NfY1-jZKNuY8amK2a4JuNnrejiqZXpwipbq_rsQWxfLXytz63triTuNC8n702vqfAGsEEw-bEWMbYx53I8NNv037YJNi92XzaOtpi2sHbT9-_4MPjn-pi6-7tg-4O7w7vevFt8kHyRfZI9qP3Pfno_Ev9bv4K_o_-uv8Q

I'm pretty new, but would something like this be ideal for 2.6? My first character playing PoE was EA following this guide for breach HC, and I made it to 87(would have gotten farther but played while drunk and talking on mic with friends, got careless and died to bleed due to no uber lab.) I'm hoping to make it to 100 this time around in Legacy. Any ideas where I could change the tree to make it better?

EDIT: Link is screwed. The tree on PoE is still 2.5 despite the fact 2.6 tree has been released. Taking both 10% reduced ele reflect nodes, but idk if worth
Last edited by marixalijustice on Mar 1, 2017, 7:50:24 PM
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwFLQguDjwUIBRNFHEVIBhWGJEZjhm0HNwiryP2Jbwo-izpLYMuUzWSNug3TDhTOlI64T38QYdDMUQNRZ1Hfkp9TZJN41BHU1JWSFb6WGNYr18_ZU1noGh0bzt07XXLdud313fjeA14-Xloeu99dX7dfyt_gIGvggeCx4TZhmCGs4d2jM-NfY1-jZKNuY8amK2a4JuNnrejiqZXpwipbq_rsQWxfLXytz63triTuNC8n702vqfAGsEEw-bEWMbYx53I8NNv037YJNi92XzaOtpi2sHbT9-_4MPjn-pi6-7tg-4O7w7vevFt8kHyRfZI9qP3Pfno_Ev9bv4K_o_-uv8Q

I'm pretty new, but would something like this be ideal for 2.6? My first character playing PoE was EA following this guide for breach HC, and I made it to 87(would have gotten farther but played while drunk and talking on mic with friends, got careless and died to bleed due to no uber lab.) I'm hoping to make it to 100 this time around in Legacy. Any ideas where I could change the tree to make it better?

EDIT: Link is screwed. The tree on PoE is still 2.5 despite the fact 2.6 tree has been released. Taking both 10% reduced ele reflect nodes, but idk if worth

From what I can tell from
"
The explosion part is what we scale, not the attack part. The explosion is generic fire projectile area damage. It's secondary damage that's not an attack or spell, and will only be scaled by generic damage nodes. That's generally why I chose the damage in this tree.

the Primeval Force and the Lava Lash clusters you took aren't very useful, since they don't help much on either the explosion or the burning damage.
redacted
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 1, 2017, 9:10:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info