[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

You should set it up in Path of Building. It helped me track down what nodes are worthwhile to dump points into.

If you're not weapon swapping for single target I'd use conc effect. Your ignite damage is really going to suffer with another AOE effect to dilute the damage (unless you can shotgun because of it). Until I put stuff in Path of Building I had no idea how much the ignite did for us in single target (4x the explosion DPS 127K vs 35K in my 5L anemic setup).
Also in my setup I could never get Empower 4 to be better than Slower Projectiles for single target. Slower Projectiles scaled the ignite DPS significantly more. Maybe an oddity in the tool or my configuration? Really it came down to Less Duration or Empower 4 for a 6L. If you can't land an ignite then Empower4 seemed better since it scaled the explosion slightly more.
Seanbr not sure if you're replying to me?

This isn't for single target :) I already have 6L single target - its my GMP bow that's corrupt (with life leech :D) so im stuck with the colours and trying to work out what's best.

PS - wow legacy kaoms would open us so much :D Now to get theory crafting.
[THIS POST CONCERNS LEVELING WITH THIS BUILD, AND SPEED OPTIMIZATION WHEN STARTING WITH IT IN A FRESH, NEW LEAGUE]

Hello,

Unless there are a lot of changes regarding Pathfinder and/or Explosive Arrow, I plan on starting with this build next league (softcore).

I'm running with a friend Witch that will most likely go Freezing Pulse, Firestorm, Flameblast.

Each league we kinda try to go really fast to Merciless Dried Lake (something like 7-8 hours). So I tried a "SSF" (bought witch gems from someone) HC Ranger with only leveling optimization in mind. I'm past normal and now have the two EA setups going for me, as well as Blood Magic and a steady regeneration. Clear and progression speed is good, for now.

I switched to EA at lvl 38 asap when I was able to equip the GMP/AoE gems. I stayed on the lookout for the two socket setups I needed (2G1B1R and 2R1G1B) to be able to make the switch asap, using a 1.5 APS bow.

Before that... I started of with a Shadow mule, to get double Quicksilver and Fire Trap + Freezing Pulse. So, these two spells, until I get Blade Vortex (Act 1, Merveil). Then, Blade Vortex all the way to Cruel/end of Normal (whenever I can switch to EA). Only used a 2L on Blade Vortex, supported by Added Cold Damage, and used Herald of Ice asap at Act 2.

It's a really great spell even with literally 0 damage modifiers on the tree or the gear, BUT it really falls off when you get to Daresso/Kaom.

Overall the leveling was pretty smooth, but since there are literally no Area/Physical/Spell damage node anywhere near the path from Ranger to Blood Magic, would you recommend something else, other than Blade Vortex/Fire Trap ?

Since my buddy is a Witch, we might both go for Flame Totem on top of the Fire Traps, but what else, as a main gem?

Please keep in mind that I can only use gems either available to Ranger or Witch, since anything else will slow me down greatly. I can also use the Shadow's early gems (like, Medicine Chest and Hillock-early) since I mule one before starting my Ranger.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the big chunk of text :^)
"
Inkaflare wrote:
If you want to use that setup for AoE clearing, I would go EA - GMP - Fire Pen - Less Duration - Empower - Inc AoE.
You can't go slower projectiles with only 2 green sockets on your corrupted bow, since EA and GMP are necessary. That leaves you with Empower as the best option for your third red gem. Eeven with only Empower 3 instead of 4 I can't think of a better gem to use for that specific bow.
Conc effect's damage should not be needed for general clear and also it reduces your AoE coverage, which harms clearspeed - only use Conc effect for bosses/single target because that's where it really shines.

Another option i have is getting +arrow quiver and then wont need GMP and can use slower proj for more damage. Mmmm I like damage.

Not that i have a problem clearing but I'm about to try my first T16 maps.

What are the thoughts behind have vessel of vinktar?
I tried it but didn't notice much..

I'm running: Dying Sun, Rumi's, 2 life flasks and adrenaline quicksilver.
I find myself using both life flasks so bit hesitent to sub one out for vinktar.
"
ninjaxus wrote:

I find myself using both life flasks so bit hesitent to sub one out for vinktar.

Shock for 50% increased damage.

Last league I was using 1x life flask + TOH/VoV and I didn't really feel the need to have two life flasks. Maybe on chimera it was a bit annoying in the smoke phase, but other than that, 1 should be fine.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
ninjaxus wrote:

Last league I was using 1x life flask + TOH/VoV and I didn't really feel the need to have two life flasks. Maybe on chimera it was a bit annoying in the smoke phase, but other than that, 1 should be fine.

It's still my first league so hopefully forgive the questions but what's the 50% inc damage from?
"
ninjaxus wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
ninjaxus wrote:

It's still my first league so hopefully forgive the questions but what's the 50% inc damage from?

The actual shock effect. It provides 50% increased damage. (If you are shocked it also does the same).

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Is there any way to get Frenzy charges "automatically" instead of regularily generating them
on my own actively? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info