♫ [2.3] BurningWarp Elementalist Prolif, insane clear speed, Atziri and Uber Lab farmer

quick question. what is the purpose of the warped timepiece?
I am not understanding how you can be so good.
I have basically the same gear+gems as you (minus them being insane level 20 23%) but only doing around 4k dps with warp, 35k dps with flameblast max charge.
My singularities are worse but ~15% shouldn't make a massive difference

I think I should even be doing more damage than you since I have damage gear and not life+res (which I badly need :P).
I can barely do Lakes Merci, cannot do Cruel labs

poeplanner tree:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAQxBQU1EQWdNQVlBTGpBM1VFc3dlbENQUVFXQkV0RW1rWEhCaHFHamdhYkJ6Y0hSUWZ4eVRZSnk4by1pcU5LM2dzbkMyTE50ZzVVanJZUEFVOVgwR0hROGhGblViWFNSdEpzazhFVWxOVFVsWklWeWxZQjFoM1c2QmZCR1pVYVBKcVEyMFpjWGx4aFhJUGZBNThnNElRZ3B1Q3g0VnRoWHVQUnBCVmtTdVViNWVWbF9TYU81cmdtNkdkcnBfZm9nQ25DS2RWckppdmpiYy11Sk84NnNCVXdHYlZnZFdtMkNUZnNPUWk2LTdzT094VjdUenZmUEFmOFd6MzFfbm9fZ3FRLXRRSDNJM2ZiUT09AAhBQUFBQVFBQQAA

gear:
Spoiler

and tip on what I'm doing wrong? Or is it this build, the OP/guide barely explains anything

ps: decree of flame is amazing for this. it's doing 10k fire nova
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Sep 14, 2016, 3:22:46 PM
Hi,
okay so I'm testing this build, atm I'm lv 82 and im doing reaaaally fine. This build's really fun, I have done some changes to it, I made my flameblast into a totem which helps me alot since I don't have to cast the spell on my own, secondly I grabbed a carcass jack (Still need to 6l it) it works great with it's added 20% radius and some area damage (I went to t8 map with only 4linked carcass and it was pretty decent, but now im good with tabula, tho I'm quite squishy). Just killed normal Atziri solo, died 4 times tho, but mostly on my own mistakes(and got ignorance as a price lol), haven't tried uber yet, want to get my carcass six-linked asap, but that won't be fast i think.
So if anyone's interested in my gear they can jump to my profile and check 'em, my tree is the same as given by @Hitma47.
Thanks,
Cya
This build looks like a lot of fun, and even though it seems that the new league has nerfed it, I'm still going to give it a go.

Several questions:

could this be effective as a crit-based build with inquisitor ? ignoring elemntal resist on crit seems like a really big damage boost.

using doryani's catalyst for the double dip on damage and burning ?

any thoughts on running the build as CI instead of life based ?

Thanks !
"
@tidbit

sorry for that, but probably u need more skill to play :P

"
@plasticeyes

1. Inquisitor has no sense since i use elementalist for prolif..
2. Catalys is a good choice in combo with singularity, it's perfect
3. I prefer usually life based. but CI is possible.
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
"
Hitma47 wrote:

1. Inquisitor has no sense since i use elementalist for prolif..

Right. Naturally use prolif gem and then inquisitor bypasses resist on crit.

I'm already leveling a witch- so I guess I won't worry about inquisitor ;-)

I think maybe early in the thread you talked about why elementalist prolif is better than the gem, but I can't seem to find it. Obviously it saves you a gem slot, is that the only advantage ?

"
Hitma47 wrote:

2. Catalys is a good choice in combo with singularity, it's perfect
3. I prefer usually life based. but CI is possible.

ok- so you would dual wield the two. Is it ever necessary to use a shield for more defense ? tough bosses maybe ?

Thanks for your answers. Again - really neat build.

"
@plasticeyes

dude if u use prolif gem, the less damage from the gem debuff the burning, the inquisitor has no sense for this build.... if u want more defense use shield, ur choise.
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
The reason the prolif gem is problematic is because you get the less % damage penalty twice. It affects the initial hit, and then it gets applied to the DoT again!. (double dipping on DoTs isn't unique to ignite, less multipliers affect poison in a similar fashion [as do multipliers!]).

e.g if you hit is 100 damage (after buffs), and you have a 35% less damage mod, then you are going to deal 65 damage with the hit.

ignite = 80% of total damage, which then gets 35% less damage once again.

so the ignite might deal (roughly)

65/100*80 = 52 damage * 0.65 <applying the 35% less damage> = 31.2. for a total of 84.2

If we compare this to no ele prolif gem,

100 hit + 80 DoT = 180!

TL;DR , the only situation where Inquisitor might actually be worth is against a rare monster with built in fire resist and an ele resist aura minimum, and this doesn't factor in things like fire pen from the tree or the new essence league penetration while using flasks on belts.

Seems like a nobrainer to me not to use ele prolif gem.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Sep 15, 2016, 6:35:52 AM
"
Hitma47 wrote:
"
@tidbit

sorry for that, but probably u need more skill to play :P

so the difference of you one-hitting stuff in atziri and me 3-hitting stuff in Lakes with almost the same gear (minus 15%-ish damage) is "skill"?
Skill is how fast you die (or don't die) from stupid mistakes. Nothing to do with DPS with the same-ish gear.
I'm also 20 levels less than you, but those are only life nodes, which would make me not die faster. Which has no affect on DPS (unless you're righteous fire).

I simply asked for "what is wrong with my gear for me doing so little damage compared to you one-hitting everything"?
- Was this build hit hard in a nerf? Doubt it, judging by pashkudas's comment. it's still viable.
- Is the power in your flasks which you didn't link with your gear?
- Could it be because I'm on standard?
- Would 20% damage on my gear really make me from low dps to high dps?

edit:
"
conall88 wrote:
conall88

After what conall88 said, I tried removing prolif. I am doing SO MUCH better
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Sep 15, 2016, 5:10:04 PM
"
conall88 wrote:
The reason the prolif gem is problematic is because you get the less % damage penalty twice. It affects the initial hit, and then it gets applied to the DoT again!. (double dipping on DoTs isn't unique to ignite, less multipliers affect poison in a similar fashion [as do multipliers!]).

e.g if you hit is 100 damage (after buffs), and you have a 35% less damage mod, then you are going to deal 65 damage with the hit.

ignite = 80% of total damage, which then gets 35% less damage once again.

so the ignite might deal (roughly)

65/100*80 = 52 damage * 0.65 <applying the 35% less damage> = 31.2. for a total of 84.2

If we compare this to no ele prolif gem,

100 hit + 80 DoT = 180!

TL;DR , the only situation where Inquisitor might actually be worth is against a rare monster with built in fire resist and an ele resist aura minimum, and this doesn't factor in things like fire pen from the tree or the new essence league penetration while using flasks on belts.

Seems like a nobrainer to me not to use ele prolif gem.

thanks very much for the explanation. i didn't realize how bad the gem was, obviously.

as i said- leveling a witch :-) elementalist all the way.

i sure hope this build still "works". i don't need to be clearing core malachai or anything. just t11s/t12s with good clear speed would make me happy.

i guess i'll find out.

i think CI doesn't work well either. this build needs CoB. CI really needs dream fragments to not freeze and chayula to not stun. so now all your jewelry is unique, so that's a big downside.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info