An Update From the Press Tour!

Solo Self Found Flashback Event is a great start, but I vote strongly for self/group found LEAGUE (but with increased magic find)!

This is one thing Diablo3 got better then PoE; you or your group need to find the items, D3 ladders are not won by ingame-rich traders/streamers due to trading.

Free trading defeat the whole purpose of the ARPG genre; to find better loot! PoE leagues are mostly won by traders with FOTM builds (sadly). Original tactics or new thinking is out the door, I guess 80%+ are sheep running premade forum builds.

48 hour event only serves people that can play more or less 24/7.

Other then that; I am very much looking forward to the news!!1111oneoneoneone
"
What the fuck a Mac?

Heretic WITHDRAWING SUPPORT.

It's Mac which run Windows on it.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
Awesome!!

I hope you have not spread out the information among game "journalists" like last time, few of which will even shit on the game.

I agree, last time you guys spread the information across multiple gaming websites some of them didn't even work normally. Which made the information inaccessible for me.

PS: There is no reason for a self-found league, just simply don't trade. Droprates are good enough to sustain self-found(I do it all the time). Binding items in an arpg is the worst idea ever, can't believe this is even mentioned as a good thing! (two posts above mine)
Last edited by sarannah101 on Aug 11, 2016, 3:50:55 AM
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Binding items in an arpg is the worst idea ever, can't believe this is even mentioned as a good thing!

i read somewhere that in their china release with tencent, poe binds items and currency on accounts if they have a low itemlevel. applying "account bound" orbs on "free" gear makes it account bound.

though i can't find the info anywhere anymore and i'm still thinking about it being a good idea or not.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
sarannah101 wrote:

PS: There is no reason for a self-found league, just simply don't trade. Droprates are good enough to sustain self-found(I do it all the time). Binding items in an arpg is the worst idea ever, can't believe this is even mentioned as a good thing! (two posts above mine)

What accomplishment is there in going on the forums, picking a OP FOTM build, playing like crazy to farm currency and then buy the needed items from traders?! Then its just a mindless grind grind grind grind to get to the top of the ladder trying to compete with the 24/7 players/streamers (which is impossible for normal people).

With self/group found timed account bound items league, the ones that actually are lucky enough to find stuff can use it to get an advantage. And unique drop rate in PoE is VERY low (because its based on trading, just like vanilla D3 with auction house were), doing one play through to level 70+ I very rarely get items I can use on that character. Self found can NOT compete with traders on the ladders, the only self found players that can compete is the ones playing 24/7, aka not normal people.

With self/group found timed account bound items league, you could throw 95% the FOTM cookie cutter builds out the window, because it is not even remotely likely you got the needed items for the OP builds that need specific items.

And you would have a game where people actually needed to use their head to do good, not like it is now; just a flock of forum sheeps running OP FOTM builds...

Talk about "making rare items great again"!
Last edited by Jarnhand on Aug 11, 2016, 4:15:39 AM
chris you lost a lot of pounds ... never eating anything?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mabe its time to buff standard in someway to motivate players to do rotations or lvl up again ... mabe some new kind of maps that gives extra experience and only specialized for rotations since leveling is kinda impossible since the hard content started to appear in poe after the 2.0 realize.if u want core to be alive again give it somethin special that leagues doesnt have :) looking forward and excited for ur announcement tho GL ggg !
"
sarannah101 wrote:

There is no reason for a self-found league, just simply don't trade. Droprates are good enough to sustain self-found(I do it all the time). Binding items in an arpg is the worst idea ever, can't believe this is even mentioned as a good thing! (two posts above mine)

You are so wrong.
A self-found league would bring so much more fun to the game.
A league where you could show your REAL skill in this game.
In current leagues many of the players just have searched the forums for the most broken build currently available, grind for currency, buy the items and go play the hardest content AND complaining how this game is sooo easy.

In a self-found league you would have to adjust your playstyle and build depending on the build-enabeling items you find.
You are forced to try new skills, new mecanics and one cant just buy the most uber items in the game like Heretics vail, lvl4 Empowers, shavs, cospris, Reach bow, voidheart and such items.

This is how you truly show your skill and excelence in this game.
It's like racing but with a far longer perspective.

So please give us a self-found league that runs parallell to the ordinary leagues.

And NO, you cant just stop trading.
Players would cheat and trade anyway, so the competitive element would be gone.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

A league where you could show your REAL luck in this game.

Fixed for you.

If you want to play self found, don't trade and don't bother other players with your ideas.
IGN TylordRampage
lol...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info