An Update From the Press Tour!

"
Jarnhand wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

So please give us a self-found league that runs parallell to the ordinary leagues.

Agree! Best of both worlds. The traders could continue with their OP FOTM sheep forum excel warrior type of play, and the old timers could play a league where finding uniques actually still meant something! Just up the drop rate of uniques a bit, so there is a remote chance of finding anything useful.

It would also promote more grouping since better chance to find uniques and timed group share of loot, aka D3.

get out.

"
Jarnhand wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

To the players saying the droprate for solo self found is too low, because it has been lowered to trade are wrong. I've found nearly every unique item in the game already, and often at times I do not even play that much. Often I only go for the mtx challenges.

Then we are kinda playing 2 different games. I started very late, just started playing PoE again, just a couple weeks ago. I got 1 char 50+ and 1 char 40+, and so far I have found only 21 uniques, and of those only about 5 have been useful for the 2 chars combined (and its sucks to find level 5-15 items at level 50+).

Compare that to someone trading, and they would have been decked out in most slots with uniques, if they wanted to.

So to have the same 2 people play at the same ladder is pointless for the self-found player, if he wants to have any impact on the ladder (outside of someone playing close to 24/7).

I know well how PoE is at this point, and I do not expect GGG at all to change it, since they obviously love trading, but I and others like me can express our wishes and hopes for the game.

And to have 1 more league running in parallel would cost GGG very little, the only thing is that there also would be a need for two more permanent self-found leagues (standard and hardcore).

The only reason I see for 'pro traders' to be against this, is that then they would not be able to pick OP FOTM builds each and every league and have a guaranteed spot at the top of the one and only ladder. More top places on the 'self-found' ladder (outside of the 24/7 people) would actually be taken by people that were lucky with their drops, and know how to use them the best.

Right now who comes on the top of the ladder mostly consists of 2 things: the most OP FOTM builds, and by people grinding 24/7 for currency for trading for the needed uniques for said OP build. Skill, is further down on the list. But sadly this can be said by many online games these days; grinding 24/7 trumps all, and skill and especially genuinity is far down the list.

The only thing that are still keeping PoE alive, is that there is no ingame auction house. Auction house mechanics and thereby ultra low drop rates of gear (that were at the same time ultra cheap on the auction house), killed vanilla Diablo 3, it made the game POINTLESS to play. Why grind for anything, when you could buy it cheap on the auction house? And the whole point of these games are finding good loot, so Blizzard killed their own game. But they did the unthinkable in gaming industry; a 180 turn and got their players back by removing auction house and binding drops to who were in group when it droped (and at the same time, in one big swoop kill off 'gold sellers').

So you are asking why do I not play D3 then? Well, I got tired of it. Its raining legendaries, and there is very little build diversity, its all about the new FOTM armor set build for each and every season.

So you are saying that I am contradicting myself? Not really, I want PoE skill/build diversity combined with self/group found/bound loot with a reasonable drop rate of uniques, more then today, but far lower then Diablo 3.

To find a unique should be a big thing, not just look at it as currency in a trade!

Make PoE uniques great again! (TM)

This is d3 mindset where uniques are straight up best items for ANY character they can get in the game. You are best off running full unique gear there, doesn't matter what it says on the item.

In PoE uniques are made so that they are usable only by a handful of builds. Some are even build-enabling. If a unique is used by popular builds, it's gonna be expensive. If not, it's gonna be cheap. Demand and supply.

If you we remove trading in PoE and up the drop rates it will hinder build diversity tremendously, because people wont be able to expect the unique that they require to make a build work.

You guys don't know enough about the game to make assumptions like this. If you're think everyone is better off with kaom if he's life-based, you're dead ******* wrong.

I've built around vendor trash blackgleam once ffs, was one of my best builds.

tldr: you guys have no idea. OR playing with one char in standard all the time. Or both.

"
Mateo_swe wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

There is no reason for a self-found league, just simply don't trade. Droprates are good enough to sustain self-found(I do it all the time). Binding items in an arpg is the worst idea ever, can't believe this is even mentioned as a good thing! (two posts above mine)

You are so wrong.
A self-found league would bring so much more fun to the game.
A league where you could show your REAL skill in this game.
In current leagues many of the players just have searched the forums for the most broken build currently available, grind for currency, buy the items and go play the hardest content AND complaining how this game is sooo easy.

In a self-found league you would have to adjust your playstyle and build depending on the build-enabeling items you find.
You are forced to try new skills, new mecanics and one cant just buy the most uber items in the game like Heretics vail, lvl4 Empowers, shavs, cospris, Reach bow, voidheart and such items.

This is how you truly show your skill and excelence in this game.
It's like racing but with a far longer perspective.

So please give us a self-found league that runs parallell to the ordinary leagues.

And NO, you cant just stop trading.
Players would cheat and trade anyway, so the competitive element would be gone.

PoE in game doesn't require skill, never did. Only knowledge. Outside of the game when you plan your character, that's where you show your skill.

Again, all those items that you listed are useless in the wrong hands.

I get it now. It's YOU who need encouragement to "try new mechanics" because YOU "search for broken builds on forums". You don't have to force it upon yourself you know, and you sure as hell don't need to force others.

Just make a viable build for hc once and you'll start having fun again, I promise. Seriously. Prepare a build for next league and go hc, you'll see all those "ban trade" bs ideas will be gone in a week.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 11, 2016, 1:39:36 PM
IMO ggg just has to stop making trash uniques....there is more trash by far, and start making Rare items more powerfull again, make them actually good and worth something, add mods you can only get via crafting/droping a gg rare.

STOP MAKING TRASH UNIQUES, there is a reason why evryone calls them trash and finds they suck balls, its so boring, if you want so many shit items in the game no one but noobs who dont get how shit those items are compared to a rare then go ahead, if you want people to actually enjoy the loot in the loot based game then drastic changes to rare items needs to be done, or adding a tier after rare items that is like a rare but with better mods and mods that can only rol on those items/bases....hell...anything is better then recieving another unique that has practicaly 0 value, or ...0.05 of an alch and 2 alts...

meh i have been playing new games new arpgs new mmo's new loot based deffence games,, been having SO MUCH FUN with there loot systems, made me realise how old and outdated the current mod pool and unique pool is ;/ its the same exact thing as in CB but with a fuckload more useless uniques only worth wearing for 1-3 levels or worst...not worth wearing...period.

Games all have shit loot, it makes the better loot more fun to get, but other games loot in general is never this stale, ;( fun stuff drops, not just trash you will vendor because no one even buys them at 3 alts(literally tons of uniques sell for 1-3 alts)
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Example for you, ok? Let's go.

It's self found league.
I didn't build low-life hybrid because how could I, it's self found FFS.
I found shavronnes.
It's useless.
Oh wait maybe I'll respec I just need to go and buy regrets with this exalt I got...
K abandon char, new one.

"uniques op"
Lol. No.

Please guys, think. Or at least make a new thread, not here.

Last edited by Razis on Aug 11, 2016, 2:21:52 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:53:09 PM
"
ded wrote:
if zoom in to this map(atlas) behind black square - it's like a chain of maps or locations.
Mb it would be like and game serial of maps, where you can't proceed to the next, until u finish(or complite some goals) in previous one.

noticed that as well, it's actually a bunch of maps on the table OR it's a single map and they just printed it as a4 and put it together piece by piece, just for reference.
Continuing ssf vs current system in a press tour picture.

What a great time to be alive

Spoiler
Idiocy can be unparalleled in this forums.Instead of speaking in context of threads they go over to the point of arguing on something completely different than the thread suggests.
Spoiler
Fuck off for trying to enforce ssf and actually try to argue D3 has it right
.So just shut up and wait for eventual private leagues at some point,cause its been stated again and again that ssf is not something GGG wants.And perandus is your most recent reference point.ITs gone,and most propably will never return again.Now,shut the hell up
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Aug 11, 2016, 2:16:47 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Oh god another press tour? So we should expect another influx of I-play-smartphone-games-2-hours-a-week-gamers who want everything in the game handed to them on a silver platter with a side of exalts?

*mirror platter.
"
elwindakos wrote:

Spoiler
Idiocy can be unparalleled in this forums.Instead of speaking in context of threads they go over to the point of arguing on something completely different than the thread suggests.
Spoiler
Fuck off for trying to enforce ssf and actually try to argue D3 has it right
.So just shut up and wait for eventual private leagues at some point,cause its been stated again and again that ssf is not something GGG wants.And perandus is your most recent reference point.ITs gone,and most propably will never return again.Now,shut the hell up

+1
LOL for that black square :)

And BTW:
Physical map items as weights for the higher tiers of incomming supporter pack...
(honestly, I hope I'm not the only one who got this idea)

And (2nd edit):
While I'm on this strange mood (I'm drunk):
Big thanks to Chris, Jonathan, Erik, and all GGG members (Rory, Qarl, Bex, etc. (I don't really have the time to follow)) for this great game. (I'm honest :) "In vino veritas" (but I had beer) (And yes, I like to use the parenthesis))
There is no dark, it's just absence of light.
Last edited by Posolsvetla on Aug 11, 2016, 6:35:09 PM
So, roughly 2 weeks before NDA is going to be lifted (to give enough time to the press), then 1 month of teasing i suppose. Which means dead poe for about month and a half.
I will come back, but well, nothing interesting in the game at he moment.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info