LillyKittens Idea for PvP

I agree with Ahfack and Rupenus so much.

Also I got a similar idea about a hostile PvP mode:

Vaal Orbs have a chance to make a map into a hostile zone, and when corrupted there is a copy made of the map. The two maps can only be opened at the same time, when you try to open one you queue up and wait for the other one to open. Those who enter from either instance are allies.

There are two instances created from the two maps. The party which first full-clears their instance get a portal at the last monster killed to the other party's instance, and can start invading them.

If you get killed or log out you drop all items collected from the map on the ground, just like you drop the keys from the labyrinth if you exit. When all players from either party get killed a portal opens to exit the map, collected items can only be brought out of the map through this portal.

This way players who open these maps enter knowing they will have to fight other players, but they also need clear speed to reach the other party first. They can either split to clear it faster, or stick together to ambush the other party with an advance.

There can be a bonus/reward added for the winning party, or the maps's original IIQ/IIR is increased. Botting/teasing to clear with allies in the other party are mitigated by the rarity of these maps from the vaal orbs. It can be set to give as much advantage in drops as a vaal orbs create already, but more fun by the hostility.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:

Vaal Orbs have a chance to make a map into a hostile zone, and when corrupted there is a copy made of the map. The two maps can only be opened at the same time, when you try to open one you queue up and wait for the other one to open. Those who enter from either instance are allies.

There are two instances created from the two maps. The party which first full-clears their instance get a portal at the last monster killed to the other party's instance, and can start invading them.

If you get killed or log out you drop all items collected from the map on the ground, just like you drop the keys from the labyrinth if you exit. When all players from either party get killed a portal opens to exit the map, collected items can only be brought out of the map through this portal.

This way players who open these maps enter knowing they will have to fight other players, but they also need clear speed to reach the other party first. They can either split to clear it faster, or stick together to ambush the other party with an advance.

There can be a bonus/reward added for the winning party, or the maps's original IIQ/IIR is increased. Botting/teasing to clear with allies in the other party are mitigated by the rarity of these maps from the vaal orbs. It can be set to give as much advantage in drops as a vaal orbs create already, but more fun by the hostility.

This sounds awesome Markusz, great job as usual!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
AFAIK zone spawning is always fixed location, i.e. specific marker location, due to the way maps are randomly generated.

Until GGG can do random spawn locations (without getting players stuck in terrain), the competitive PvEvP map thing would just devolve into spamming mines/traps/vortex/EA/BV/etc on top of the invasion spawn point. (the faster clearing, i.e. invading, team would basically auto lose to the campers)
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I think its not a problem to put people to different locations randomly, it might require some work but it must not be the hardest thing to do about this idea.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
"
Márkusz wrote:

This sounds awesome Markusz, great job as usual!

Why over complicate this so much? Simply add an option to turn "on" or "off" invading your instance when you zone into one or by default in options. Players then search instances and enter...done. They could of implemented this simple feature years ago. Hideouts, Eternal lab and mapping in general contradict the goal here but people who want to PvP will PvP using this.

This game doesn't need FPS or MOBA type modes to PvP. We shouldn't need to jump through hoops, deal with obstacles, rescue survivors or any other faggot shit.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
The main feature would be the incentive to enter PvP mode by having a map that can only be cleared in PvP mode, which would be rare so not forced to players too hard.

The current PvP queue works like you said, they can either join it or not, but guess what, it's so freaking empty.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info