Patch 2.3.3

I have a GTX 970 and i had frame drops down to 6-10fps at times in a 4man party with a summoner and my EQ champ it was unplayable so i avoided playing with summoners, et al. I do use the gore effect on EQ as well, but since i have tested this out (Vsync on, and off) I have had a dramatic increase in FPS. I have not had it drop under 70's with Vsync off and on it holds steady at 60fps and i drop one or two frames. Thanks GGG, we all appreciate your hard work and dedication! 741 hours played and i plan on putting another 800 in as well. :)
GGG=Innovation and determination. PoE changed my outlook on ARPG's I now have faith in a dev team.
I cannot express how nice it is to see this finally come live!

TitanX here, not dropping below 90fps @1440p... FINALLY!

Thank you!
"
DjParagon wrote:
In merc Dried Lake and a couple of low lev maps, it looks like an improvement so far but I haven't really tested it on big pack sizes.

However, today's A2TMP Piety Kill was horrible. A lot of areas (Barracks, Northern Forest, Crossroads, ...) got my FPS cut in half, and as soon as a ranged mob with multiple projectiles (every ranged monster I believe had this mod) got huge framerates drops too. Combine the two and you got a great enjoyable race.

Sounds like a hoot!
I have enabled this feauture. I have i3 3220 and amd hd 7770. Frame rate still are not very good, 32-90 depends on action. And after 20 minutes of playing, I had colored stripes on my screen. Windows didn't answer. I've rebooted my pc and saw that my videocard is broken and doesn't work. Thanks for that update =\, be carefull guys, I've JUST LOST MY VIDEOCARD :( Tnx for this beta test GGG
Last edited by H0T on Aug 5, 2016, 3:12:26 PM
"
endymion2k5 wrote:
Switched the feature on with the parameter. So far a much smoother experience in gameplay. I didnt stare myself blind at the F1 stats, i just went to play.

I was running a Nulls Inclination build doing some low level maps to be sure it didnt crash on me soon. I have been playing 2 hours now and it hasnt crashed yet. I had many minions spawned with the Nulls and it felt so amazingly smooth.

Edit: By smooth i mean, the movement accuracy seemed to be improved for me and the framerate by alot. Vsync is off, no tearing.

Edit 2: One hour further. Still no crashes what so ever. Still mapping, alching, vaaling, with Nulls.

Edit 3: Logging out, off to bed. For me this has been a very pleasent evening. Great improvement overall. Will test more tomorrow.

Specs:
i7 3770
8 Gb Ram (forgot brand)
Geforce GTX 760
Windows 10 LTSB

Yesterday i played two hours. I had one 'kicked from server', one crash to the desktop.

Today: Been playing for about 2 hours now, the performance gradually gets worse. Whats interesting is that i have switched some uniques. If GGG is monitoring my gear aswell, as the performance statistics, see what i have changed.

Right now im using a Sidhebreath instead of a Karui Ward. Im using Immortal Flesh instead of a rare. One unique has been removed from my build: Asenath Gentle Touch, which is now a rare item (previously was Snakebite with no issues either).

Still running the Nulls build.

Edit: If i reflect back on the evening, it was much smoother. The entering of the areas/maps werent as easy (+5 sec opposed to less then 1 sec). I suspect foul play, overloaded servers, or my own internet acting up. It did not crash today. Overall a great experience.
Last edited by endymion2k5 on Aug 5, 2016, 7:45:11 PM
Patch 2.3.3 working well for my config !!!

I have tested the optional multi threading command line.

I m playing on a laptop, Nvidia GT 630M - core i5 (laptop version) windows 10

Fixed some pb when many effects or mobs on maps (currently @60fps)

Good job ! thx GGG

More test soon
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Last edited by MajorThor on Aug 5, 2016, 8:57:41 PM
Massive improvement in the frame rates for me.
Standing still in the dried lake I get 1000fps now. With heavy action it stays above 100 or so.

This will be a big improvement for everyone who have dedicated graphics cards. People with onboard intel like HD 4000 or HD 5000 ect wont see much of average FPS gain. Reason is all gains from this are CPU side not GPU side. Those people might see a gain if they are playing on low graphics settings on 720p or less resolution. Big frame drop from discharge or some cast on crit builds should also be way reduced.

The biggest winners from this will be the people running on AMD CPUs like the FX and APU lines. Those chips have very poor single thread performance but normally contain 4+ cores. So their multi thread performance is actually pretty good if you can use more than one core which is exactly what this patch does.

I was lagging bad before like single digit frame rates often and in a party most of the play was sub 20fps. Might actually try hardcore again if this is stable.
Specs
4.5ghz i5 6400 with AMD R9 380
While playing on my trickster coc voll discharge which died in perandus, i got very rare spikes to 10 fps and when fighting a boss with loads of discharges going off, they were more frequent but overall the fps increase felt great.

Could do better but a much better improvement so far, I'm using an MSI R9 390 8gb and a AMD FX6200 six-core 4.2ghz.
Last edited by NetherPrime on Aug 6, 2016, 2:39:47 AM
"
H0T wrote:
I have enabled this feauture. I have i3 3220 and amd hd 7770. Frame rate still are not very good, 32-90 depends on action. And after 20 minutes of playing, I had colored stripes on my screen. Windows didn't answer. I've rebooted my pc and saw that my videocard is broken and doesn't work. Thanks for that update =\, be carefull guys, I've JUST LOST MY VIDEOCARD :( Tnx for this beta test GGG

I can with 100% certainty say that this was not cause of the beta as it only involves your CPU with hypertreading capabilities and does not change how the GPU handle anything within the game or put any more stress on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info