Varied Prophecy Statistics

Probably one of the best ideas for a league implemented horribly. I spent a total of 10 minutes playing in a group this league. Frame rate dropped to 10, ping skyrocketed, and everything died before I could even react. Please fix party play or implement a true SSF league in HC.
"
Arrogant wrote:
Melee Totem OP? Interesting.

Raise zombie is also a bit of a surprise.

The age of the summoner begins now!

"
Axtobrak wrote:
"
Number of characters killed by these bosses in Prophecy in the last week
Merciless Malachai - 70,015
Atziri, Queen of the Vaal - 31,462
Spinner of False Hope - 8,632
Nightmare Manifest - 8,154
The Goddess - 8,083

and how many killed by the fucking traps in PHC ? At least 1
I hope one day ggg will remove ascendancy points from the lab

I hope they never do remove them from lab, but I hope they make lab less of a pain in the ass. Individual "paths" to reach exits that are either full of monsters or complex traps, checkpoints after completing an aspirant's trial so you start there again if you die, etc.

The lab is a great concept, but the devs took absolutely no consideration for players who run certain builds that get obliterated by traps or generally have poor internet or computer. According to statistics in the OP, there's probably a good reason people don't like hardcore. Right now, lab is pretty much hardcore-lite.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Aug 2, 2016, 3:54:52 AM
well, I know lab was the final nail that killed HC for me.

and +1 on saving points.. need to be able to quit a lab run and restart from the middle of it or something. Maybe a one use item you find in lab that lets you start at the next izaro phase or something..they currently take too much time to finish. its like a full act without waypoints. Some of us have a life/kids/obligations.

also, ...next league pls. I enjoyed prophecy, it is good while levelling but crap @ end game, it is just not designed for mapping.

and think about monster balance.. now most builds are one-shotting the entire screen..power creep is just over the top, and it is making the game boring. you just know something is wrong when the most important stat for clear speed is your movement speed.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
So GGG needs to be looking at statistics all the time to know what the majority of players are doing from the RNG of which prophecies are completed, to the specific builds and which skills are too op and need nerfing or not used and need buffing, to what the current currency drop rates are etc., etc., etc. We the players don't need to concern ourselves with such mundane issues except if we want to play a BoTM uber build (Reach of The Council bow build anyone... everyone?).

Which Prophecies are fulfilled the most is a yawner for me. GGG shot themselves in both feet this challenge league by F'ing up server/client latency with all the internal resource allocation changes and as a result my attempts to play the first 2+ weeks were a totally frustrating nightmare that I posted about and by the time patch 2.3.1 came to fix that and the sound problem it was too late to get me interested in playing Prophecy. Thank god I have a Voltaxic Rift, Drillneck, and Rat's Nest from Cadiro Perandus and these plus my Carcass Jack and Rainbow Stride boots I can continue to level my crit Blast Rain archer in Standard.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
So GGG needs to be looking at statistics all the time (...) We the players don't need to concern ourselves with such mundane issues

Who's this "we the players"? Speak for yourself, please, not everyone else.

I found the stats interesting, but took them with a grain of salt.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Yay ! My spark build not listed :D
"
innervation wrote:
Yay, my character's main skills didn't make the list <3

Heh! I thought exactly the same thing.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
morterion wrote:
It's really sad to see that HC Prophecy is so unpopular.

Though, it's not unexpected: unified rewards, lots of initial investments into characters, perfrormance issues which actually can kill you.

You wrote "actually can" where you should have written "certainly will".
~DemiDemon~

"
Bamzyniigata wrote:
I can t understand why people are playing in standard or prophecy standard . There is no real challenge , u know u can reach lv 100 with time .

Only if you play to the meta. I've been playing my own builds in standard a lot for years and highest character is 93 - but then I make my own builds and actually avoid the trendy meta sheep builds.
~DemiDemon~

Last edited by DemiDemon on Aug 3, 2016, 9:44:33 AM
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
Would love to see some stats on lab. How many hardcore players died in it. How many died and dint complete. How many completed in standard solo. How many in party. Uber completions and deaths. How many died multiple times on hardcore on builds that dont seem to work in lab then deleted their account and quit. You know all that sort of thing.

THIS!!!

I completed all six trials on PSC and have a dozen or more offerings but I'm not going near uber lab. I don't play the meta (I like to be creative) and my character only just got through Merci lab after checking reddit for weeks waiting for a good layout. And I wouldn't have bothered except I wanted ascendancy points. Lab is lame.
~DemiDemon~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info