Zerphi + EA is broken (proof of concept, 60k - 100k heal per second)

So you thought EA is pretty bad already huh?

What about we give it the ability to heal to full life every time the skill is used?

More GIFs
Against Fanon/Rupenus' Barrage

Explosive arrow variant:
Mechanics explanation
The key item in the build is Zerphi's Last Breath:

The build works around this flask by sustaining it endlessly with a high mana cost and attack speed and constantly using the active skill.

To keep up the flask effect we have to consume mana and keep it down, for which I use MoM and a separate skill setup that requires only 2 sockets: level 6-10 Clarity + Spell totem, which depletes almost all my mana in one totem cast, so the Zerphi flask effect stays on for a long time. (Another method is also using Scold with MoM which is explained below at the Scold variant)

For the main skill we need Blood Magic support, because the mana cost is impossible to sustain on mana pool, and also because a level 1 BM gem is a very high mana multiplier. For the other supports I use Faster Attacks for faster heal, GMP and Fire penetration (I have only a 5L atm, 6th link can be Empower, Less duration or Inc AoE)

For further increased mana cost we have to use 2-4 Fevered Mind jewels which grant 100% increased mana cost. The exact amount depends on your maximum HP and flask effectiveness, so you have to balance it to gain around the amount of your maximum life per attack.

My current setup, gear, passive tree

swaps:

Improvement options:
Legacy Kaom's
6L Quill Rain
+10 levels to my character for +120 life and 10 passives.
4-stat rare Jewels
lvl21 EA

Numbers of heal amount
First take note that my gear is not perfect, I miss Legacy Kaom's and 6L quill rain which heavily affects the heal amount.
There are 4 components to scale for the heal: Mana cost, Attack speed, Flask effect and Maximum life.

Maximum life puts a cap on the heal amount possible, because if you heal more life than you are missing, the amount over your max hp is lost, so your mana cost should be your Maximum life minus your mana cost (you can't attack if your life is below your mana cost), divided by your heal amount from Zerphi.

My stats:
8718 Maximum life
8.85 attacks per second (with Blood Rage and Silver Flask)
700 mana cost
28% Flask effect -> 1024% of Mana cost healed

Current maximum theoretical heal per second: 700 * 8.85 * 10.24 = 63 436

Best possible stats:
On top of my current setup, I could get +500 HP from Legacy Kaom's, +120 from reaching level 100, +50 from getting better helmet and quiver, for a total of +670 max hp. With my current tree I get a 3.48 multiplier on the flat HP from gear, so my maximum life would be 11039.

11000 Maximum life
10 attacks per second (assuming all +10 passives are spent on attack speed, and getting 3 rare jewels with 4 stats)
1074 mana cost (ideal amount, because multiplied by the 10.24 from flask heal it equals to max life. Getting the 6th link on bow and a lvl21 EA will get close to this mana cost)
28% Flask effect -> 1024% of Mana cost healed

Current maximum theoretical heal per second: 1074 * 10 * 10.24 = 109 977

Effective MAX HP with MoM is: 11712 (explained below)

Defense: Mind over Matter, Effective HP, mitigation, stats
Mind over Matter paired with %mana gained when hit from corrupted implicit rings and amulet are very strong.
How it works: when you get hit, first the mana gain happens, then immidiately the gained amount is removed by MoM, but this amount is the true mitigation reduced from mana instead of life.
Assuming a 6 + 6 + 6 = 18% mana gain means 18% MORE Maximum Life against hits (doesnt work on dots, but dots will hardly kill this build anyway)
This effect is much stronger than general less/reduced damage taken from gear/passives because those values are affected and reduced by the PvP damage formula, but mana gain is scaled off already mitigated damage.

We have to assume a lower base max life because if you go below your mana cost, you can't attack and heal again, so you will most likely die to incoming damage.

Effective MAX HP with my current gear: (8718 - 700) * 1.15 = 9220

Effective MAX HP with best gear: (11000 - 1074) * 1.18 = 11712

In 2.4 there will be a new unique ring with 8% mana gain, calculation based on those:
Effective MAX HP with best gear in 2.4: (10500 - 1026) * 1.34 = 12695
Assuming a base 500 life loss because those rings wont have max life on them, and also using a 5% MoM effect corrupted helmet.

Block: Rearguard + Rumi + Lazhwar will get around 60-70

Maximum mana: your maximum mana must be more than your mana gain multiplied by your maximum hp minus your mana cost because otherwise very big hits can fill the mana pool to maximum, thus turning off Zerph flask effect.

Scold + CWDT spells variant:
Will post it later. It has around 10k heal per second, with good cwdt procs and spell damage, but bad range and lower hp.

Credits
The whole build's idea started off by copying shin's build, that I liked very much because it's very tanky with high damage and explosions, and it's off-meta on skill choices.
Also thanks to Lapiz and Rupenus for helping to test this.

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Aug 7, 2016, 2:06:45 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 4:29:41 AM
reserved - gonna post a serious post soon
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Just a suggestion:

WB is incredibly OP even after numerous nerfs.
Soul Taker, High avg damage dagger, P2L, CbKB Wake of Destruction etc.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Just a suggestion:

WB is incredibly OP even after numerous nerfs.
Soul Taker, High avg damage dagger, P2L, CbKB Wake of Destruction etc.

I know that with Soul taker I wouldn't need Scold's, so I would spare the damage from that and heal all of the flask effect, but lack any CWDT proc abbility. Also I couldn't use the 245% multplier BM gem, so mana cost would be a lot lower resulting in overall less heal imo.

Whirling blades is just not fast enough for this because it has it's own base 2.6 sec attack time, and fairly low mana cost, so the overall heal with it would be too low.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jul 28, 2016, 4:26:40 PM
Nice write-up Markusz! Well done :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
You have a lot more problems to solve. Frankly, I don't think anyone will have the aptitude/motivation/resources to decode it. This rabbit hole is very deep. As the solutions are counter intuitive and hard to mathematically calculate. As well as the itemization, it gets rather expensive and difficult to locate. Game knowledge/observations will work against you.

Pathfinder actually has very little to do beyond the status immunity. Damage vectors that throw off balance like shock or tempo disruption like chill/freeze are the biggest issue. The 15% but now 20% increased flask effect is rather diminutive. With the now 8 point distribution, raider, inquisitor and to a lesser extent ascendant may very well be better, equal to, or yield a small loss in performance.

The skill tree is rather rigid (skilltree path) but it can be played as any class. Except shadow since the tree changes during 2.0.

However, the thing about quill rain/ea/skill is right. In the past, I only showed rlowe, castablanca and deepwater. Being melee is just a disguise/preference. I even abstain from using commandment of winter and to a lesser extent righteous fire (If you seen me use righteous fire it was a sign of respect). Considering the build employs a kama sutra of attack patterns and defense mechanisms, the position we make depends on your own attack patterns and defense mechanisms. It's why everyone has a different opinion on what I use or do. As far as EA goes that dragon will never reveal it's claws. Not to mention a 10 second half life before your game crashes.

It's just a difference between winning and winning the way you want too. If the community showed more restraint, and didn't constantly try to justify using unfair mechanics, or constantly gravitate to game issues that are unresolved by grinding gear then I wouldn't try to be purposely disconnected from everyone. Far to much bias, self interest and absorption. It's almost as if people are trying to compete in pvp on the forum instead and completely disregard valid points.

I tried to connect a long time ago, and someone tried to justify their ignorance by talking about my forum history. Post history does not equate to right or importance. It's also why we have an impact factor in journal publications. While academia and a game are not the same the point is clear. I was at the top/international champion of (Way more ambiguous game mechanics than Poe) FFXI in pvp, D3 Pvp and Greater rift), even invites to evo for multiple fighting games. Even the game you all hold at high regard d2 in the aol days. Easily referenced in google considering I used the name ShinFuuma for everything since 1997. Without a forum history.

Being modest and genuine go a long way.
You're the man shin. I like trying to figure you out all the way and then you change it up. Thumbs up! Nothing but respect for the thought put into your build.

However I really do believe pathfinder helps considerably. For example, look at how much faster you are than everyone in that ctf video lol. Christ! Pop a quicksilver and silver and you're untouchable.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Well, just keep in mind that between 0 to 20% flask effect is accounted for via pathfinder. Natures adrenaline gives 15% base movement too if taken. 0-20% x x.x (Quicksilvers movement speed bonus), any vectors outside of 20% flask effect are idempotent. Queen of the forest is an exception. A X% flask effect will yield an actual X% increased evasion over X (variations of evasion mods) flask sources. Which in turn will yield a super massive evasion rating translating into movement. Talking in the 1000's. Unlike quicksilver which is isolated to just quicksilver or the "of adrenaline" mod. Things like onslaught from the silver flask do not take flask effect into account as it's programmed as buff.

So, a quicksilver with 70% movement will yield a (alchemist mod withstanding (+effect -duration)) 14% increased movement speed based on the possible pathfinder flask effect.

Disclaimer

I and Markus Spent Near an hour trying to decode this enigma, although it did felt alot longer than it actually was, my brain nearly exploded, I dropped dead in my bed afterwards, napping like a hardcore burrito.

But I'm awake now, and I'll try my best and explain Whats going on...

Here's how it panned out for EA, (Further Explanation)

it cost's me 140 mana per EA volley, I deal 6.25 attacks per second

140*6.25 + 140 (Original cost)=
1015 Mana required per second.
Scolds = 400% of that, as damage per second.
875*(5 (4 +1)) = 4375 Life USED Per second,
140*5 = 700 Mana Per Volley

However when Zephyr Triggers, Per Volley is 800% Life Gained per Volley
So, 140*8 = 1120 Life Gained Per Volley
1120 - cost 140* 5 (400%) from scolds +1 flat = 700 (1120-700)
420 Life gained PER Volley
420*6.25 = 2625 Life Gained Per second.

I Borrowed, Mark's 6 6 6% Jewellery (Ring ring, and Amulet) AKA 18% Damage Gained as Life, per Hit.
I also Allocated 3% extra damage gained as mana on battle rouse. Total 21% Damage gained as life.

Thus Actual Calculation

(420 Life Per volley) 21% Instant returned, as mana 88.2 + 420 zephyr = 508.2 Life Gained Per Volley
508.2*6.25 Attacks per second
= 3176.25 Life / Mana gained Per Second, when using Zephyr & Jewelry.

HOWEVER,
I cannot sustain the mana with and without a BM gem, As mark pointed out, EVERY time you take damage, the MANA gained is added before damage taken calculation, What you gain, is the flat 18%-21% FLAT Damage reduction, (by passable by degen) However Zephyrs gained life out weighs degen.

Because your mana is always empty due to MoM Damage AND BM scolds damage, It forces me to lose 1 gem socket in Explosive arrow FOR BM, Your general life pool does not fully integrate your 30% MoM, as the Mana expenditure is too large.

I had 9.6k Life with Path BM
7.4k with Path MOM, However I was using pyre, and eyes, of Chu, I lost 79 flat life AND 20% reduced life from eye.

21% of 7.4K = 1.554k life as Actual reduction when hit, AKA = 8954 Effective life, when dealing with multiple smaller hits.

That said, These corruptions on GOOD Jewelry is incredibility rare IF NOT Impossible, and having my rings
replaced with 6% mana gained as life is impossible, the RES is by farrr to important, and 2 gem slots aswell, Blink = my escape mechanism, and smoke mine for 35% move speed and further move-ability.

PLEASE Take note I DID NOT calculate my Path finder zephyr flask synergy, and the actual amount of life gained, per volley AND SECOND is ALOT higher. ANd With Scolds continuously Triggering, the Damage itself is incredible! As you can see with Shins build, HOWEVER it Means I lose 1 Link on my Main Attack EA Attack. And EA in general CANNOT leech mana with vinktars, if you were to do this calculation with lightning arrow vinktars, with a more BALANCED mana situation, this results would be incredible.

What I purpose is that you BALANCE your MANA, Where IT DROPS SLOWLY drains When you attack, however it does not dip to zero when zephyr is being used, so you can take advantage of 30% FULL MOM with 21% Mana gained on Hit, Almost like ES Aegis WITHOUT a Shield.

However if you were to fight Against big hitters like NURSE and Bon, without 15-19k life/ ES They'll one shot you anyways, It'll require block rumis, and constantly attacking while using zephyr, Relying on Zephyr flask alone for attack will deeply stress your flask charges, and consumption, Aka without zephyr charges you'll die to yourself, in under a second.

On Average with full block and dodge setup I have right now, I have a 1 in 5 chance to survive BONs traps, with rummi's flasked, with 600 life give or take, lowering my Life pool for more effective hp resilience is nice, but this mind fuckary of math calculations and gear that doesn't exist/ marginally possible, is a steep slope down insanity.

The Dream
Imagine 21% + fortify and somehow leeching / Balancing the mana out. Full 30% from MoM +
aka 41% Reduction, on ALL damage types except Degen with Insane zephyr life gained, Whilst still being maxed block and outside of 1 shot range.

God's Haste.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 29, 2016, 12:25:19 AM
This is what I meant when I said counter intuitive and game knowledge working against you.

Let me explain a few unknown unknowns.
Action

cost (must be paid first in a string of things that happen at the same time)

action

hit

damage (may have a travel time, coldsnap and contagion are an exception)

reflect

on hit

leech (occurs last in the string)

While all of these things occur in observation at the same time. They follow this order of operation.

Environment

mitigation (general)

regen

damage over time (damage over time is actually not damage at all but is actually negative regen with a tag and therefore a ceiling and subject to mitigation and or immunity)

While these also occur at the same time. They follow that order of operation. Full life/ regen/ - regen. It's why cwdt doesn't work vs damage over time and why having full life never happens under a degen.

Receiving an action

get hit state (true false; binary) (dodge/evade/not getting hit))

hit

cost

damage taken (true or false ;binary) Probably why there isn't a trigger gem for do X when you dodge or evade an attack. Notice it isn't within the chain as well. We are in a constant state of damage taken = false unless we are hit)

mitigation (general)

mitigation (On hit)

block

reflect

damage received

stun threshold

While these also occur at the same time. They also follow that order of operation. It's why mana gained when hit keeps retention as it's a cost of +x% which occurs before mitigation.

Scolds has a different order of operation. First, it's damage has no travel time. Second, it also reverses the order of damage and hit, so damage meshes with the cost.

To be clear. You will cull your self the higher your cost is. 500 mana cost with bm leads to first a payment of 500 life. Or your maximum life is functionally -500 while acting. this also leads to that 500 value multiplied by 400%, this then goes through the mitigation process but as part of the cost. Pretend you have 0 armor no mom, fortify and ect. That equates to 2500 life.
Pretend you have a max life of 5000. If you are ever hit for 2500. you will cull yourself. 2501 is now your actual effective hp.

Apply this same logic to mana gained when damage taken, and what happens when your mana becomes full. 21% mana gained when damage taken. you will gain 420 mana back per self inflicted hit. Since this occurs before mitigation, if your mana gained when damage taken isn't perfectly correlated to a specific dph threshold (Outside damage sources) and relative mana pool. Your mana will max out unbeknownst to you, as it's not observable. When your mana is maxed out. Mana based flask effects turn off. In which you then cull yourself.

Remember, when I said there was a damage ceiling of 5000 damage per hit. I didn't just make it up. Also, remember when I said a few months ago the damage ceiling changed (It happened a month before the ascendancy update precisely) Well, I figured that out too.

Even though I revealed some of the unknown unknowns, there is actually some bigger ones, zerphi's elixer is not the driving force to my characters raw sustainability. It's just something that is observable in a matrix of effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info