How to kill a monster possessed by two Torment Spirits (nothing unusual)

Out of all challenges I have completed "Complete these encounters III - Kill a monster possessed by two Torment Spirits" was the most... frustrating. After countless hours, maps and chaos orbs spent on this challenge I was *this* close to start grinding Voll (it seemed to be easier to complete than two spirits). And then... miracle! Prophecy...!

"Complete these encounters III - Kill a monster possessed by two Torment Spirits" was completed in two minutes.

Pro hint:
- get "Monstrous treasure" prophecy;
- open an easy to clear map like Monutain Ledge with Torment on Zana's map device (note that prophecy may not be active, just try again. If you don't want to waste maps and orbs Plateau is good as well and it's t10, so not so bad :) );
- find first strongbox and use alteration orb to get "guarded by three rare monsters";
- now the most difficult part - have one of the rare monsters following you;
- find first Torment Spirit and let him possess your follower;
- find second Torment Spirit and let him possess your possessed follower;
- FINISH HIM!
- profit :)

I know, it's nothing really smart or unusual. Just a tiny hint.

Prophecy - the best challenge league so far! Love it! (monkey pet rulez)

Kind regards.
[Removed by Support]
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2018, 12:31:58 PM
this is actually really helpful.

I was struggling to get this and once was so close.

but there was 2 exactly the same tormented spirits, and it turns out the if they are the same they can not posses the same rare mob... as you may guess i did not get the challange
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
So now you have a chance :)

I cannot tell you how happy I am that my "guide" may be helpful for anybody :) Good luck!
[Removed by Support]
This time, I just got it as an, uh, bycatch by getting lucky (two spirits right next to each other and a rare nearby). But in previous leagues, my favourite spot for this was Archives. Small area, reasonably fast monster types to herd around and I usually get a decent spawn rate of not only spirits but also extras like masters, exiles and Vaal zones so it's not that much of a waste of time. :-D
This can be done very eays and cheap with the two prophecies Forceful Exorcism and Possessed Foe. Go to Grand Arena, there the three bosses are each possessesed. Kill one, let the spirit go into one of the remaining and kill that one. Did it this way really quick.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4pwbm0/psa_really_easy_way_to_get_guaranteed_double/
Last edited by _DarkMan_ on Jul 29, 2016, 9:02:58 AM
I just got lucky and found that new unique strongbox that releases spirits over time.
Oblivious
yea, run monstrous treasure and find ashes of deshret, easy challenge done

or protip, run shore maps they tend to have multiple ghosts around
Spreading salt since 2006
The easiest way is go to map Shore, there is pirate boss.

1. Get his HP to 50% he spawn first ghost, be carefoul and dont kill ghost before he posses boss
2. Second ghost spawn on 25% do same, dont kill ghost.
3. Kill pirate and Voila u done 2 Encounters :)
"
RocketDragon wrote:

1. Get his HP to 50% he spawn first ghost, be carefoul and dont kill ghost before he posses boss

^This.

I don't understand why people are making such a big fuss out of it when it can literally be done with a map worth an alch.

It used to be total RNG but since they changed this map it has been an easy challenge to complete.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
RocketDragon wrote:

+

This challenge has been on the list so many times now it's just autopilot for me
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info