Developer Interview - Hrishikesh - Game Designer

"
innervation wrote:
To get back to my gripe on the page 1 reply, I'll phrase a new question that maybe you could answer:

Given a choice between working on something that was 'augmented reality' (a la Pokemon GO) or classic virtual reality, which would interest you more and why?

So, one reason I didn't actually touch on it enough is really because I think it's not a very short answer! I think it's a fairly complex issue in itself that a single paragraph or two could never do it justice.

To answer this specific question, I am personally less worried about the medium through which the experience is delivered than the experience itself. So I'd say both choices are equally solid, but it depends on the game itself, or the experience you're trying to deliver. After all, you could enjoy a fun MUD and feel it to be more real than some 3D games even!

As a player, I tend to enjoy the traditional PC style of gaming more than anything else though. :D
Last edited by Hrishi_GGG on Jul 28, 2016, 4:46:19 AM
GGG please make more 3D Art for items, please. I hate when an items looks awesome but when i put it on me looks ugly. I know this is a stupid thing to ask but i will really love to see more 3D Art!
Nice, looking forward to the new content :)
We need a Panda pet, GGG plzzz
enjoyed the read, love your dedication and how you eventually got your wishes fulfilled. hope you will have a long lasting and positive relationship with ggg, game business isn't the easiest one.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Chris wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
fulfill* in the first sentence.

That's the American spelling. We use the New Zealand one.

Love this...

Americans always think their way is the right one...
Their not great with languages or geography even ;).
I love that you all want to keep developing content for your game, but you HAVE to quit it with the power creep. It's pointless to play the game for long term goals if you know that those goals will be out of date six months from now. Quit it. Your strategy works for people with three week attention spans... not so well with the people who want to play for years.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I love that you all want to keep developing content for your game, but you HAVE to quit it with the power creep. It's pointless to play the game for long term goals if you know that those goals will be out of date six months from now. Quit it. Your strategy works for people with three week attention spans... not so well with the people who want to play for years.

you sure that people like you and me are still the main target audience?

beside, you also get power creep by the economy bursting with late endgame items for one chaos, there is no tech for taking items out of the game, raising some affix tier values is the only other way to keep that power creep source from getting the main problem. it's fighting fire with fire and so ineffective. but it looks like they have no clue yet to tackle it differently.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Hi Hrishi

first of all grats

are u stasfied with the current state of your supporter unique Cloak of Defiance?
if not, u have the right to balance it around the current game?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

While I completely agree I'm not so sure this new designer has quite as much influence as you think he does.

Maybe we can let him get a little more established and have more of his stuff released before we the community start berating him.
Cool interview, really enjoy them! Looking forward to 2.4 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info