Performance Improvements in 2.3.3

Nothing mentioned about horrible laggy servers? US servers, London, Singapore... Look at Reddit, tons of people are complaining about lags and disconnects, why all of this is being so very well ignored? Please do something, thanks
This vid brought a tear to me eye :')
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Ye gods have finally put my r9 390 and water-cooled i5 overclocked to 4.4GHz good use! Just loading the login screen took a single second instead of a full minute! TIME TO GO 4K!!!!

Edit: Ok, I am astounded. I can actually play at 4k. At 60 fps. With no stutter or tearing. Grinding Gear Games? Grinding Gear Gods is more like it.
YAY !!!
IGN @dime
GOOD F#$%!NG GAME!

I have long been supporting PoE, anyway, but now, I am going to support it even more $$$, GGG, when you release updates like this.

You developers are the only ones I know in any game who actually show your technical work like in the video, in this case, something nightmarish like multithreading, being able to toggle it On / Off.

What an unprecedented display of sorcery.

Hopefully after all the main performance reworking is done, streamlining the User Interface with more QoL features, etc. will be next on the list.

P.S. The video states, and I quote, "This [multithreading improvement] only matters if are not GPU-bound, so basically if you are bound by your Graphics Card, no amount of CPU optimization is going to help you." end of quote

Well, what if you are not bound by the GPU or the CPU and both your Graphics Card and CPU is good where the 'load' is split between the two? Will players like me still not get a smoother gameplay experience, anyway? Is not enabling the multithreading feature better than not doing so in this case scenario where someone's multithread-enabled CPU is unlocked with a good GPU?

Will my computer specs not benefit from this using a i7-4820K CPU at 3.70 GHz (closed-loop liquid cooled) with 24 Gigs of Ram, and a GTX 760 Graphics Card? Or will it benefit? Mildly confused here.

Thank you for your time and effort, devs. Keep it coming!
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 25, 2016, 11:44:10 PM
Very keen indeed! Awesome, can't wait.
So besides the actual feature, two really important good things to point out:

1. I am sure it was a lot of extra work, but that 6 minute video was important stuff. It admits there is a problem, demonstrates the problem, shows a solution, and mentions next steps. More of that would serve GGG well.

2. The fact that it will be beta tested so when everyone comes back for the new league most bugs are worked out is very important. More of that with big features please. Day 1 and 2 of prophecy losing by sound was annoying and could have been avoided.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Nothing mentioned about horrible laggy servers? US servers, London, Singapore... Look at Reddit, tons of people are complaining about lags and disconnects, why all of this is being so very well ignored? Please do something, thanks

Dude, seriously?

Do you even understand the difference between the client performance and the network performance?

Let me explain.

Client performance: stuff that the game tells your CPU and GPU to do, to render frames, effects, lots of things happening on the screen. If this is poorly optimized the game will be slow because your client (your PC) is slower than the theoretical simulation ran on the server. This is bad because PoE should not be as resource-intensive. This is what they're trying to describe in this post.

Server performance: how fast server-synchronized information (in case of lockstep = everything (with small caveats)) is synched with your client. This depends on:

1) Your network card.
2) Your CPU.
3) Viruses you might have on your system.
4) Your ISP.
5) Proximity to your closest PoE datacener.
6) Your ISP.
7) Your ISP.

You get my point.

It's biased, sure. But this has been my experience in the last 4+ years of playing PoE:

1. Blame lack of SSD.
2. Blame CPU.
3. Blame GPU.
4. Blame ISP.

In that order. And #1 is the most significant factor BY FAR.
Get your SSD.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
But will I still crash when logging into any zone with rain?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
p0t wrote:
But will I still crash when logging into any zone with rain?

I am not sure mate, I am sorry. Please contact support about this.
It must be a RAM + disk / whatever resource issue, I have played PoE for well over 2000 hours now and I can't recall a single time when I crashed due to rain. It's making me furious that people still suffer from this.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info