Exchanging Scion Ascendancy Points for Jewel sockets

Often times when i think about a possible scion build i find myself not necessarily needing the option to allocate another starting point. Which technically frees up two ascendancy points.

So i had the idea to add jewel sockets to the scion ascendancy tree. If you have ascendancy points that you dont want/need to spend you could get an additional jewel socket at the cost of an ascendancy point. It adds more flexibility to builds and would make me want to try a few scion builds again.

Best regards and have a nice day.
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 7:36:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I thought the modern appeal of Scion before ascendancy was already in part that she had the easiest time allocating the most jewels. Don't see why you need even more myself.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Because her ascendancy is horrible. OP is trying to salvage it somewhat with that suggestion.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
How would Jewel radiuses work? Just in the ascendancy wheel? It doesn't seem like it would be very intuitive, regardless of how it was done.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Idk, the devs would have to figure sth out for that.
That's easy, weird jewels that would be broken just don't fit.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
How would Jewel radiuses work? Just in the ascendancy wheel? It doesn't seem like it would be very intuitive, regardless of how it was done.

Jewels that don't rely on radii would be used.
It would be ridiculously hard to balance. 7% life + some damage/cast speed is very strong, extra Grand Spectrums is absurd, and so on. Even giving players just two extra jewel sockets would have a huge impact on the Ascendant's power level. No Grand Spectrum build would ever play a different class.

That's not to say it won't happen, since the witch's conflux shows that GGG is fine having batshit crazy broken ascendancies floating around. It'll just take some work to make it not be so strong that Scion becomes the obvious choice for tons of builds.
They'll probably gonna buff the scion a bit in 2.4, I've seen no one playing this class during prophecy and I leveled 2 characters to level 92.

Don't expect the bonus to be on par with "pure" ascendancies tho.
"
IceDeal wrote:
I've seen no one playing this class during prophecy and I leveled 2 characters to level 92.

I love the Scion and played one to level 93 this league. The character would have easily been more powerful as a different class, though. I think that's true for every single Scion I build. Her ascendancy really is awful. I think only three or four of the subclasses aren't pure garbage, which is sad.

I already have my man build set for next league, though, and it's also a Scion. I really hope they give her some buffs so I'm not stuck playing a poopy class two leagues in a row.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info